Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 05:14 PM

10,228 posts, read 6,309,606 times

Advertisements

My Republican husband supported Ben Carson and doesn't like Trump. He was born in Maspeth, Queens, about 10 miles from Trump and is two years younger. He turns off the TV channel when Trump is on. Yes, even NYC born and raised Republicans don't like Trump.

I was a registered Independent for 30 years and past 10 as a registered Democrat. In all the time as an Independent I only voted once for a Republican. So registering as a Democrat doesn't make me one?

Old 12-09-2016, 05:23 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
I'm a Libertarian, not a Rep, and didn't like Trump. But he was a much better choice than Hillary.

I don't agree with many of Trump's positions. But a few are really good such as reduced federal regulations, removing support for the AGW hoax, reduced taxes, making marijuana a state issue and making other countries pay for our military bases.

Old 12-09-2016, 05:24 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
All of them were against Trump and thought he was a loquacious bozo until he won the nomination.

That's the real truth.

Old 12-09-2016, 05:25 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
I would really like to know if there are any Republicans out there who do not believe in Trump.

Did you vote for him anyway? Did you not vote at all?

Are you dreading or just accepting his presidency?

Do you adhere to his sexism, hatreds of Mexicans and Muslims, personal insults, adolescent tweets?

Or did you overlook them just to get a Republican in office?

If not Trump, who would you rather have run and won?

I know this thread will get flooded with Trump supporters, but I'd like to get at least a few from Republicans who do not favor Trump.
People from both parties tend to fall in line and support whoever wins, but this time is interesting because Trumps policies are a huge gamble, which may work, or may bring disaster. If he fails, so will the Reps who supported him.

Old 12-09-2016, 05:26 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
On this board maybe not. I've met a few that aren't thrilled with him.

Old 12-09-2016, 05:32 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
All of them were against Trump and thought he was a loquacious bozo until he won the nomination.

That's the real truth.

That's not the truth at all. That is your opinion, and you know what they say about opinions.

Old 12-09-2016, 05:33 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

That's the real truth.
Spreading your rhetorical net a bit wide on this one, I think my posts speak for me on this.

Hmmm..Real truth..as opposed to fake truth?...Untrue Truth?

Old 12-09-2016, 05:46 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
It didn't matter much to me which Republican won, as long as they did win. My main concern was the Supreme Court, which could not be allowed to go to the liberals.

Now that it's Trump, I'm okay with it. If he does what he promises, at least to some degree, he'll be fine.
I didn't much care either which Rep won although for myself, Trump was saying the right things about immigration and that was my #1 issue.
As you stated, the Supreme Court is the biggest ball of wax. Giving the election to Hillary would have made the Court nothing more than a liberal mouth piece for at least the next 20 years. I would have voted for anyone to stop that. That's far more reaching and important than the Presidency or the makeup of Congress to me.

Old 12-09-2016, 10:04 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
I would really like to know if there are any Republicans out there who do not believe in Trump.

Did you vote for him anyway? Did you not vote at all?
I voted 3rd Party (for Richard Duncan -- I'd already voted once for the idiot Gary Johnson in 2012).

Quote:
Are you dreading or just accepting his presidency?
I'll keep an open mind. I like most of his First 100 Days Platform, except for the term limits business, and his protectionist policies.

The US is effectively in modern times a gigantic non-profit organization. There's no reason why Trump could not be successful. The Cabinet positions and other major offices (like the EPA) are effectively junior vice-presidents in the corporation who mange certain specific facets of the corporation.

It's a simple matter of choosing the right people to organize and run the Cabinet positions, and to communicate with the president their successes or failures, so that policies may be adjusted.

Even so, give that the Globalization Genie is out of the bottle and BRICS is going to continue to invest heavily in developing- and emerging-States (to their own future advantage), I wouldn't expect miracles regarding the economy.

Quote:
Do you adhere to his sexism,...
I'm not seeing where he's any more sexist than Bill Clinton, who was banging ****-tail waitresses two at a time in the Oval Office.

If Liberals can be forgiving of Clinton, then they can be equally forgiving of Trump, lest they be hypocrites.

Quote:
... hatreds of Mexicans...
Hating illegal immigrants for violating US federal laws -- which are felony offenses --- is not the same thing as hating Mexicans, even more so since not all illegal immigrants are Mexicans...many are Honduran or Guatemalan or Nicaraguan etc etc etc., but thanks just the same for the misinformation.

Quote:
... and Muslims,...
There's nothing wrong with hating Muslim terrorists, or terrorist wannabes. Coming to the US to live or work is a privilege, not a right and immigrants -- Muslims in particular -- need to be vetted under a microscope.

Quote:
... personal insults, adolescent tweets?
That's just part of his persona. Don't blame me for the obvious back-lash against Political Correctness and Identity Politics.

Quote:
Or did you overlook them just to get a Republican in office?
I was for anyone but Clinton.

Quote:
If not Trump, who would you rather have run and won?
I druther have Jon Huntsman, and maybe someday we will, if Huntsman takes the Secretary of State position in Trump's Administration.

Old 12-10-2016, 01:40 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
That's not the truth at all. That is your opinion, and you know what they say about opinions.
Yep...that unfavorable opinions of Republicans are usually true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Spreading your rhetorical net a bit wide on this one, I think my posts speak for me on this.

Hmmm..Real truth..as opposed to fake truth?...Untrue Truth?
Whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies