Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2016, 07:19 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times

Advertisements

Trump received more votes than ANY previous GOP candidate for the GOP nominee... stop your BS lying liberal...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2016, 07:20 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
How many people can honestly say that the e-mails were the tipping point of their decision to vote for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton.

I really think the number is close to zero, except for maybe the emotionally unstable.
No one can factually state one way or the other, but I see that doesn't stop you from speculating. A credible person might say that number is greater than zero since 20,000 emails from the DNC were exposed.

For the umpteenth time, it's the actions and motive that are important.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:21 AM

587 posts, read 304,635 times
The cia is attempting to interfere with the elections.

These people are lying scheming war starting trash.

They cant prove 1 damn thing and We are going to run right over them,

Time to go on the attack of these treasonist American Traitors !

Old 12-12-2016, 07:22 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
Romney got 60 million, Trump got 62 million votes...

Old 12-12-2016, 07:22 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
I find it interesting how the democrats are complaining about the Russians interfering with the election because if they did, wouldn't Trump have won the popular vote too? Also, they didn't seem to mind when Obama sent our tax payer money to Israel and went over there personally to interfere with their election....and it backfired.
No one is claiming that the hackers messed with the ballots and/or actual voting numbers. The hacking claim---which is backed by 17 intelligent agencies---is that they were trying to INFLUENCE the election.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:24 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Well, I can't speak for the experts but I don't think anyone has directly stated or showed evidence that voting machines were hacked. There is evidence that email was hacked and (I haven't read much today) I think email servers were hacked for both parties. It was just the DNC emails that were released. Either the RNC had nothing juicy or someone chose not to release the RNC information. Who knows.

What the data is suggesting is that a foreign state infiltrated servers and caused the release of data/emails/etc, that could be seen as influencing public opinion for one side. Now, depending on your worldview, maybe things got released that the public is glad to have seen. The real question we need to ask ourselves is are we okay with foreign governments hacking into our RNC and DNC or other parties' information and using it to influence voters? I'm not okay with that and I would be very happy if the government (bi partisan) investigated the matter thoroughly to see how far they went and what actions they took so that it can be prevented for further elections.

I have not yet heard that voting machines have been directly hacked but I do believe we need to make sure that does not happen.
The bolded is my take on it. I'm not okay with this and I wouldn't be no matter the election year and no matter who won.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:25 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
McCain calls the Russian push to get Trump elected a "form of warfare", and he is right.
The WH disagrees....why do you disagree with the WH?

Old 12-12-2016, 07:28 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,280,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
If they did something that altered the voting numbers I would have a major issue, you know like that precinct in Detroit that recorded three times more votes than they had ballots that Hillary won by a landslide. But if you mean releasing emails that they got because Leon Podesta gave them his passwords? Nope. If you mean it's wrong because they only released items that negatively impacted Hillary? Not a chance, that is not hacking that is selective release of information and is what the media, both in print and on the TV, did the entire election cycle trying to manipulate the vote. It is what they did in 2012 to Romney. Funny how that is only offensive if it's on one side.

I might be persuaded this is horrific if the emails were fictional, but they weren't. They were the real thing. Sometimes the truth hurts.
Hit the nail on the head, hag! The left is acting like all this info was made up and released just to screw Hillary. Well, maybe if she had turned over her e mails when ordered by congress to do so, we would have seen everything without Wikileaks's intervention. Many of us have always known what a despicable person Hillary is, and how corrupt the DNC and the media are. As it turned out, it took Wiki to show the rest of the voters, those who actually cared about the truth, the real depths of the depravity.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:28 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
I find it interesting how the democrats are complaining about the Russians interfering with the election because if they did, wouldn't Trump have won the popular vote too? Also, they didn't seem to mind when Obama sent our tax payer money to Israel and went over there personally to interfere with their election....and it backfired.
Not necessarily. If Russia DIRECTLY influenced the elections (via tampering with voting machines) they only needed to do this in a few states, because we do NOT choose presidents by popular vote. They'd need only to tamper with voting machines in swings states that had them. Which is not impossible, I suppose.

That said, they believe they indirectly attempted to influence the election via leaked information. Which is wrong, no matter whether our country has tried the same thing or not. Since when are we supposed to care about whether we wronged Russia more than we care about whether or not Russia wronged us?

Why are we suddenly more concerned about Israel than our own country?

Speaking as US citizens, of course. Naturally Israelis might care more about their own country. As they should.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:29 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
The emails were the tipping point for a lot of people to stay home. Trump got fewer votes than Romney in 2012. He didn't win because of a groundswell of support, he won because Democratic voters stayed home.
You got that right. They stayed home for any number of reasons; Clinton was a poor candidate; disgruntled Sanders supporters; but first and foremost, they totally underestimated the power of fascist populism to promote and elect a demagogue like Donald Trump. They assumed someone else would do the heavy lifting for them. Lazy and naive and their apathy may very well mark the end of the American experiment with democracy, and the end of the current world order. Remains to be seen but it hangs in the balance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies