Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2016, 10:57 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,098,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This is rather interesting, the secret assessment isn't exactly secret anymore. We will see if other major outlets confirm this story.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.eec99278b266
The CIA is highly allergic to truth. Whatever they say, it can't be true, they suffer severe allergic reactions anytime a truth is uttered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
The recount is specifically targeting states with paper back up because the hacks can be detected if the paper recount totals sent per precinct, are different than what was tallied for that precinct at election central for that state. the tallies are sent "OVER THE INTERNET, VIA THE STATE"S ELECTION SITE. (relevant sentence) which would be very easy to hack and replace the actual vote totals cast with whatever number the the hackers wanted to send. Especially a nation's cyber warfare team.

It is a known and substantiated fact that the Russians hacked the exact same type of state website in Arizona in May and got 140,000 voter registrations. I feel it was a tentative probe to figure out how the various state's electoral systems work.
Liberals, Democrats, wake up and smell the coffee! The reason Stein is doing this is for exactly the reasons I've outlined.

If the paper ballots in a state's precinct differ from the total votes tallied, and sent electronically to the central voting place, then hackers replaced the totals with their own numbers when the info was sent via the state's website. All we need is one state that shows it was hacked in this manner and the whole election can be called into question, resulting in much deeper scrutiny.

Many people who study these things are also considering the strange fact that For no particular reason, Donald Trump concentrated his last 10 days of campaigning in those three states very heavily. Poll watchers were wondering, "Why is he wasting his time in these dependable blue states?"
Fact's are that less than 80,000 votes total, in all three states, is all that was the difference between Trump or a Clinton's win.
There is definately a rotten fish buried somewhere in the process, IMHO.

Mohawk

Last edited by mohawkx; 12-12-2016 at 11:11 AM..

575 posts, read 298,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
In Detroit for example, you list 300 ballots counted, all but 2 for Hillary. The sealed box is opened, and only 60 ballots reside within. 2 for Trump.

Hillary lost an election she rigged, which is breaking yet another glass ceiling!
Funny, no GOP Senators are calling for an investigation of that accusation.

Old 12-12-2016, 11:07 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
With all this hubbub about Russian hacking, there is one thing that I haven't heard anyone asking about.

The actual nuts and bolts about how to accomplish such a task.

Are there really states stupid enough to connect voting machines or tabulating computers to the internet?

It seems to me, if you want to keep something as important as our electoral process secure, why would you have any part of it online and therefore susceptible to electronic interference?

And why am I seemingly the only one who's asking this glaringly obvious question?
I'm no expert, but apparently it is possible:

How to Hack an Election in 7 Minutes - POLITICO Magazine

Hacker demonstrates how voting machines can be compromised - CBS News

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...hines-security

Old 12-12-2016, 11:08 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Yeah FatBob, it is IMPOSSIBLE for our actual polling places to be hacked because they are NOT connected to the internet or any central server or anything of the sort.

What the MSM is suggesting is all of the Wikileaks were hacked by the Russians and that's what they are calling "hacking the election".
Is that any different than the release of the Access Hollywood video?

Old 12-12-2016, 11:11 AM

3,674 posts, read 8,661,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
With all this hubbub about Russian hacking, there is one thing that I haven't heard anyone asking about.

The actual nuts and bolts about how to accomplish such a task.

Are there really states stupid enough to connect voting machines or tabulating computers to the internet?

It seems to me, if you want to keep something as important as our electoral process secure, why would you have any part of it online and therefore susceptible to electronic interference?

And why am I seemingly the only one who's asking this glaringly obvious question?
You are the only one asking this question, and it is because you are deliberately trying to erase the goal by focusing on the minutiae.

The physical process of hacking refers to the means in which secure data is accessed by unauthorized parties. There are many ways to do this, as anyone in IT or with a computer science degree will tell you.

But the goal was to influence the election. You should not bury the lede by asking for a detailed process.

A hacker in Latvia logs onto a computer, opens software, writes some code, tests the DNC security apparatus for weaknesses, finds an opening, and exploits it.

You can describe that process with as much detail as you want. The amount of detail is unrelated, or uncorrelated, with the end result of what the data was used for.

In the same way, I can describe in gross detail the process of writing a brief, performing due diligence, all of the documents and their contents required for filing, the emails I sent, all of the calls (and their contents) I made, and the entire body of legal research I put together to support my decision.

No matter how much information is present, it does not change the validity of the end result if I am a lobbyist for a pharmaceutical company who wants a drug approved.

Old 12-12-2016, 11:11 AM

1,180 posts, read 777,832 times
Seeing as to how most voting machines are NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET for this exact and very reason, it seems an impossibility.

Russia is a Red Herring. The Democrats are the guilty party.

And their heads are STILL exploding.

Old 12-12-2016, 11:16 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Reince Prebus said the RNC was not hacked. They had the FBI check it after the DNC got hacked, and they were cleared.

What we don't need is a fishing expedition while the Democrats are still in deep denial about having been handed their ass and want nothing more than for that to not be the case.

When the damage done to a campaign is due to the truth being made public, as is the case here, pointing fingers at Russia in the hope of delegitimizing the election is just another painfully obvious expression of denial and an unwillingness to accept the fact that in 2016 the entire democrat party has been rejected by the voters.

Old 12-12-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAcapulco View Post
Seeing as to how most voting machines are NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET for this exact and very reason, it seems an impossibility.

Russia is a Red Herring. The Democrats are the guilty party.

And their heads are STILL exploding.
Yes, but each precinct's total vote tallies are sent to the state central counting office via the state's election web site, which it has been proven, was hacked by the Russians.
Are you interested in a actual answer to the question as to "how it could happen?" or are you whistling past the graveyard with your fingers in your ears?

Old 12-12-2016, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
What we don't need is a fishing expedition while the Democrats are still in deep denial about having been handed their ass and want nothing more than for that to not be the case.

When the damage done to a campaign is due to the truth being made public, as is the case here, pointing fingers at Russia in the hope of delegitimizing the election is just another painfully obvious expression of denial and an unwillingness to accept the fact that in 2016 the entire democrat party has been rejected by the voters.
We need a hell of a lot more than a fishing expidition to resolve Trump's connection to the Russians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies