Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2019, 08:18 PM

6,333 posts, read 18,061,638 times

Advertisements

I have a good friend suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome. I regularly "snooze" him for 30 days on FB. When we last spoke in person, he ranted about Trump, (who I neither support nor hate, I simply don't give Trump free rent in my head or think about him unless prompted). But yet I have this question/post.

I suggested to my friend the following about his stream of TDS FB posts:
"Russia sought to provoke discord and discontent on social media by stirring things up and getting Americans to fight, and be divided against one another. Your ongoing Trump bashing pleases Putin. Indeed, were you a marionette puppet, he could not himself orchestrate a better dance than the one you already do daily for him".

Am I on track here or off base?

Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2019, 08:25 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,786,962 times
Trump supporters on this site regularly link to Russian news sites.

They're the ones buying the propaganda.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:30 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,099,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Trump supporters on this site regularly link to Russian news sites.

They're the ones buying the propaganda.
LOL they are in denial.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:39 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,367,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin-steve View Post
I have a good friend suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome. I regularly "snooze" him for 30 days on FB. When we last spoke in person, he ranted about Trump, (who I neither support nor hate, I simply don't give Trump free rent in my head or think about him unless prompted). But yet I have this question/post.

"Russia sought to provoke discord and discontent on social media by stirring things up and getting Americans to fight, and be divided against one another. Your ongoing Trump bashing pleases Putin. Indeed, were you a marionette puppet, he could not himself orchestrate a better dance than the one you already do daily for him".

Steve
We were sharply divided before and Putin is laughing that dumb Americans are blaming him and Russia.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:58 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,144,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin-steve View Post

Steve
No, you're off-base. Sorry.

First, I consider it a mistake to blithely ignore what may be the most consequential goings-on in America in our lifetime.

Second, if you're against Americans being in a fighting mode, look to Republicans who are known for their frequent use of violent rhetoric. But Russians tried to stir things up not so much by Rep/Dem, but white/black, native/immigrant. Clearly, tens of millions of people think that most anti-Trump opinions are justified and supported by facts. I can't be more specific, since you weren't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies