Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 03:04 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Tell us what economic policy president Obama put in place that you disagree with ???
The taxing of higher income Americans to fund his failing health care plan. It's called wealth redistribution, also known as communism. Plus, my own health insurance premiums more than doubled. That's one.

Do you want more? Because you're making this too easy.

The economy in general:

Quote:
The economy barely grew by a mediocre 1 percent in the first six months of this year, with economists saying it will likely slog along at this dismal pace for the remainder of Barack Obama’s presidency. Obama economic policies make America weak - Washington Times
Obama's "low" unemployment rate doesn't tell the whole story:

Quote:
Business investment declined, manufacturing orders fell, productivity is down, and the labor force participation rate has shrunk to 62.8 percent, as millions of longterm jobless Americans stopped looking for work and are no longer counted as unemployed, a chief reason why the jobless rate dropped under this presidency.Obama economic policies make America weak - Washington Times
This one affects me as I own a car dealership.

Quote:
Auto sales also fell, along with other retail sales in most consumer sectors, suggesting that the economy has fallen into a deep, economy-wide slump.Obama economic policies make America weak - Washington Times
You know the economy is down when major retailers like Walmart shut down stores. And it's not all attributed to increased online shopping.

Quote:
Making matters worse, major retailers like Macy’s and Walmart were closing hundreds of stores and laying off thousands of workers. “More than two dozen malls have shut down in the last four years, and another 60 malls are on the brink of death,” the Business Insider website said.Obama economic policies make America weak - Washington Times
Do you want more proof? Because there's more, a lot more.

Old 12-10-2016, 03:07 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The environazis will try to shut it down.
Why do you think they would do that?

Old 12-10-2016, 03:09 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
The kinds of jobs that you create by deregulating and keeping OSHA out of factories is easy to do.

Steel workers are also in an occupation that has high risk due to Benzene

[15] This is consistent with the finding in a Canadian study of elevated breast cancer rates among women living near industrial facilities such as steel mills, pulp mills, petroleum refineries, and thermal power plants.
Breast Cancer and Occupation: The Need for Action

Trump is going to roll back regulations on all the cancer occupations. That's why they sent those jobs to places like China. They don't care about workers there. Guitars are made in China not only because the labor is cheaper it's because you can die early doing that work.

Democrats lost the fight to get coal miners health insurance guaranteed for the next year.

Old 12-10-2016, 03:12 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Democrats lost the fight to get coal miners health insurance guaranteed for the next year.
Do you mean when Hillary said she wanted to put everyone in the coal industry out of a job?

Old 12-10-2016, 03:17 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
This is the consequence ^^^^ of having liberals control our entire education system for decades.

I do my best to avoid ingesting dioxin..don't you? If it were not for liberals, we would all be eating food laced with feces laden e-coli and drinking swamp water as opposed to clean water. We would also be wearing masks as they do in New Delhi.

Now personally, I don't care if you and yours rather ingest feces and drink and breathe filth, but I would rather not so regulation is fine with me and mine.

Cannot expect much more from the anti-science crowd that actually has the audacity to refer to education...LOL

Anyway, off topic.

Old 12-10-2016, 04:28 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Do you mean when Hillary said she wanted to put everyone in the coal industry out of a job?
And save what quality of life they have left with the American taxpayer on the hook for their health care.

Old 12-12-2016, 05:54 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,368,841 times
Quote:
The kinds of jobs that you create by deregulating and keeping OSHA out of factories is easy to do.

Steel workers are also in an occupation that has high risk due to Benzene

[15] This is consistent with the finding in a Canadian study of elevated breast cancer rates among women living near industrial facilities such as steel mills, pulp mills, petroleum refineries, and thermal power plants.
Breast Cancer and Occupation: The Need for Action

Trump is going to roll back regulations on all the cancer occupations. That's why they sent those jobs to places like China. They don't care about workers there. Guitars are made in China not only because the labor is cheaper it's because you can die early doing that work.

Plenty of guitars still made in America

Old 12-12-2016, 11:30 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
And save what quality of life they have left with the American taxpayer on the hook for their health care.
Perhaps Obama should of thought of that before setting out to bankrupt an industry that pays an average of 80K a year.

Old 12-12-2016, 11:49 AM

3,674 posts, read 8,662,137 times
Michigan Operations

Quote:
The Michigan Operations management team is in the process of implementing a multi-year strategic plan to expand the skills of our workforce; improve environmental, health, and safety and operational performance; and lower costs to keep the site globally competitive.
The new plant is not actually a new plant, it was already planned for, and it could literally be anything from an expansion to their already-massive facilities in MI to a new storage unit with a cargo bay.

If I thought this meant jobs for people in Michigan, I would be delighted.

As it is, DOW is not going to be employing anyone who isn't a chemical engineer at these facilities.

Old 12-12-2016, 12:00 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
and that CEO will now be in charge of XYZ in the -- so many to pick from
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies