Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2016, 12:21 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
women leave kids too
Many women abuse their kids, and even kill their kids. More women have killed their kids than men.

Breaking the Science: 71% of Children Killed by One Parent are Killed by Their Mothers; 60% of Victims are Boys

Old 12-12-2016, 12:30 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,733 times
Default You're dangling the carrot in front of your cohorts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
I submit that when the black community starts tackling their out of wedlock birth rate and deadbeat dad problem, a number of problems within the black community will get better. Yes, there are white cops out for blacks. Yes, there is racial discrimination but the black community needs to address their pregnancy issue first and foremost. There are more than 20 different types of birth control available and that little thing called keep your legs closed and use self control.
While what you've post is extremely credible, you've only brought it up to keep you and your cohorts talking about a subject which never ceases to intrigue and fascinate you: BLACK people. I'll indulge you for a minute.

Yes, the greatest indicator of the potential to be poverty stricken or remain in poverty in our country is to be born to a single mother or give birth to children as a single mother. This is even more poignant for a single Black mother, unlike other groups which generally will have married grandparents' combined effort to help out. Even though a Black single mother may have the support of her own mother (the child's grandmother), grandma is more than likely to be single too with an income or SSI that cannot support two generations other than with the bare necessities. The grandma on the child dad's side is sometimes slightly more involved than the deadbeat dad is but she too is a victim of circumstances and can't afford to support two generations on her income or SSI. If the paternal grandma has a husband, he's likely to be the dad's stepfather. Step-grandfather isn't going to contribute a lot of his income for a out-of-wedlock child fathered by his stepson (a male he probably has little or no emotional investment in). No matter, the persons most responsible for a child are the BIRTH PARENTS.

Then there is the elephant in the room: when a woman has a baby out of wedlock, it's mama's baby and father's maybe. The family members will say how can you be sure if he's really the father or if she is just choosing the one she feels can most easily be suckered? The lack of paternity within wedlock creates a host of problems: mistrust, doubt, disrespect, mental and emotional insecurity, various levels of functioning mental illness, ongoing financial need, and financial neglect impacting all involved - especially the children. Hence, the gov't program to assist these single mothers became a necessity while at the same time it became an ENABLER. Enough said on this angle. Let's move on the the next group...

Posters who dredge up this topic ad infinitum, why are you, whose people have had a 200+ year headstart on Black people, comparing your net worth to Black people? You haven't endured psychological terror by a dominate group of people for over 200+ years. You haven't endured physical attack, rape, torture, and verbal abuse for 200+ years. You haven't been held back, locked out of progressing as a citizen in your society generation after generation for over 200+ years. You don't know what hatred towards what others have done to you & yours generation after generation does. It goes deep inside the pysche and turns into SELF-HATRED. It creates a dysfunction so deep that it's close to impossible to climb out of although every generation - some Blacks manage to do it.

You don't know what it is to be lost in a psychological labyrinth of mental confusion, self-hatred, and bewilderment (of how to succeed in this society) not of your own making. Then to have the very people whose actions put you there ask questions like: why aren't your families's networth as much as ours, why do you hate yourself, why are you so violent (considering history, this is the pot calling the kettle black), why aren't more of you in the top-paying industries and professions like us, why does the gov't have to keep helping you people? Um, maybe trying to make "some" amends for the time (over 200+ years) that was spent hurting us both physically and psychologically?

Last edited by Klassyhk; 12-12-2016 at 01:59 PM..

Old 12-12-2016, 01:10 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
And on the flip side you get resentment from whites when we're constantly told we are to blame for your problems. Relations are getting worse and I think maybe it's because the focus is no longer on bringing disadvantaged people up but instead the focus is on assigning blame for their problems and using "social justice" to punish those who are deemed responsible. If the goal is one people, one America we're going about it the wrong way.
The goal has never been "one people" because we're NOT one people and the goal has never been "one America" because Americans have NEVER wanted that either. That b.s. has never been anything more than meaningless rhetoric.

And who's blaming white people for their problems? That's just White folks flattering themselves. Really though...you're not on our minds like that. In fact, we're on your minds far more than you're on ours. Look at these threads for proof.

Lastly, we don't give a damn about white resentment. You're always mad anyway.

Old 12-12-2016, 01:13 PM

Quote:
It not for you to tolerate or not. If there's no progress then we need a new approach. Blame whitey isn't going to do it.
There you go again with the white self flattery nonsense.

Old 12-12-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
No, but blacks were making steady progress before welfare came along and ruined the black family unit. now its a fricking mess.
Why didn't you white folks treat black people better when the black family unit was in good shape?

Old 12-12-2016, 01:27 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
While what you've post is extremely credible, you've only brought it up to keep you and your cohorts talking about a subject which never ceases to intrigue and fascinate you: BLACK people. I'll indulge you for a minute.

Yes, the greatest indicator of the potential to be poverty stricken or remain in poverty in our country is to be born to a single mother or give birth to children as a single mother. This is even more poignant for a single Black mother, unlike other groups which generally will have married grandparents' combined effort to help out, because even though she may have the support of her mother (the child's grandmother), grandma is more than likely to be single too with an income or SSI that cannot support two generations other than with the bare necessities. The grandma on the child dad's side is sometimes slightly more involved than the deadbeat dad is but she too is a victim of circumstances and can't afford to support two generations on her income or SSI. If the paternal grandma has a husband, he's likely to be the dad's stepfather. Step-grandfather isn't going to contribute a lot of his income for a out-of-wedlock child fathered by his stepson (a male he probably has little or no emotional investment in). No matter, the persons most responsible for a child are the BIRTH PARENTS.

Then there is the elephant in the room: when a woman has a baby out of wedlock, it's mama's baby and father's maybe. The family members will say how can you be sure if he's really the father or if she is just choosing the one she feels can most easily be suckered? The lack of paternity within wedlock creates a host of problems: mistrust, doubt, disrespect, mental and emotional insecurity, various levels of functioning mental illness, ongoing financial need, and financial neglect impacting all involved, especially the children. Hence, the gov't program to assist these single mothers became a necessity while at the same time it became an ENABLER. Enough said on this angle. Let me move on the the next group...

Posters who dredge up this topic ad infinitum, why are you whose people have had a 200+ year headstart on Black people comparing your net worth to Black people? You haven't endured psychological terror by a dominate group of people for 200+ years. You haven't endure physical attack, torture, or abuse for 200+ years. You haven't been held back and locked out from progressing as a citizen in your society generation after generation for 200+ years. You don't know what hatred towards what others have done to you and yours generation after generation goes deep inside the pysche and turns into SELF-HATRED. It creates a dysfunction so deep that it's close to impossible to climb out of although every generation some Blacks do.

You don't know what it is to be lost in a psychological labyrinth of mental confusion, self-hatred, and bewilderment not of your own making and to have the very people whose actions put you there to ask questions like: why aren't your familiies's networth as much as ours, why do you hate yourself, why are you so violent (considering history, this is the pot calling the kettle black), why aren't more of you in the top paying industries and professions like us, why does the gov't have to keep helping you people? Um, maybe trying to make some amends for the time (200+ years) that was spent hurting us both: physically and psychologically?
Not much you or me can do about this. The best we can do is get ours while we're alive. Can't stop people from having kids out of wedlock. Kind of hard to prevent bigots from hating you and me.

Last edited by green_mariner; 12-12-2016 at 01:36 PM..

Old 12-12-2016, 01:32 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
There you go again with the white self flattery nonsense.
What would be your desired state of racial relations between whites and blacks in this country?

Old 12-12-2016, 01:33 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,836 times
Quote:
What would be your desired state of racial relations between whites and blacks in this country?
Maybe equality........as in equal outcomes?

Old 12-12-2016, 01:45 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Maybe equality........as in equal outcomes?
I'm not asking you I'm specifically asking that poster.

Old 12-12-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
I don't believe in "racial relations."

I believe in relationships with individual people regardless of their race.

As that appertains to white individuals, if they're fair, then i'm fair. If they're a-holes, then I'mma be an a-hole extraordinaire.

If they don't like black people, then stay the eff away from me and avoid any contact whatsoever with me.

Long and short of it. Whites and blacks don't have to like each other to get along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies