Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2016, 08:35 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I have stated my problem with this argument before, and I will again.

1. There are actually more white children born OOW than there are black.

2.OOW is not the same as the father not being in the child's life, OOW simply means the parents werent married at the time of birth.
The difference is... that with the black community, the black men are not being fathers to their OOW children. And the black baby mommas are trying to get money from their baby daddies as if they are human ATM's. Those women use their children to try to extort money from their ex-boyfriends for their own selfish needs not for the sake of their children. Then they expect the public schools to raise their children for them.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:36 AM

73,021 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I wonder how the black female feels about that? Probably the most abused and under appreciated Americans there are.
I really don't think you care. You're just saying that because you personally take issue with Black men being with non-Black women.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:38 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
I wonder how the black female feels about that? Probably the most abused and under appreciated Americans there are.
Then they should value themselves more and get career skills before being an OOW teen mother. And being smarter about choosing their boyfriends.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:44 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
I am a black female and don't have a problem with inter racial dating or marriages. The only thing people should care about in relationships is trust, love and respect of the individuals involved. Skin color is not important IMO.

I also am not "abused" and I am not "under appreciated." Black women actually have the highest self esteem/self confidence of all women, even though many non-black people seemingly "hate us."

My grandmother, mentioned above, also impressed into me that I should NEVER listen to white people about how I look or try to compare myself to the European standard of beauty because that sort of thing is none of a black girl's concern. Most black women are raised with this same mindset and due to that, we are much more confident in ourselves (why many of us call ourselves "queens") than other women.

Old 12-13-2016, 09:10 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
What is your point - to deflect from reality?

That is PC talk to not hurt single parent families as many do turn out okay.

Yet, our society will be damned if we can't admit reality that single parent kids are more likely to drop out of school, commit suicide be obese, wind up in prison, become a deadbeat dad/single mom, etc....

This is true even if you adjust for socio-economic status, race, and location.

What good does it do to deny this reality?

Yes.

Generally speaking - more parental involvement the better.

We all suffer as the ripple effects are felt throughout society when single parent rates rise across the board in many demographics.
I was just quoting YOUR sources. That's all.

Old 12-13-2016, 09:24 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,354 times
Quote:
To each his own regarding the race of one's significant other or spouse. I feel great about it and I also think they have the most prettiest children I have three nieces married to white men 10+ years and I am thrilled that we are a diverse family. People should be allowed to love who they love. My son will eventually marry a white woman, and I have no issues with that and I am engaged to a man who has a black mother and a white father. Granted, you are correct that black women are the least paid and the least married, but they are the most educated. Gotta find happiness in what the GOOD LORD has provided for one in this life-regardless if it looks totally different from others.

Old 12-13-2016, 09:39 AM

1,529 posts, read 916,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Tell me what these 20 types of birth control are. And how about men using self control. Why is it always the woman's fault. You men are unbelievable. How about you keep it in your pants and stop blaming women for your lack of control
You keep your legs crossed and we will keep it in our pants.

Old 12-13-2016, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
To each his own regarding the race of one's significant other or spouse. I feel great about it and I also think they have the most prettiest children I have three nieces married to white men 10+ years and I am thrilled that we are a diverse family. People should be allowed to love who they love. My son will eventually marry a white woman, and I have no issues with that and I am engaged to a man who has a black mother and a white father. Granted, you are correct that black women are the least paid and the least married, but they are the most educated. Gotta find happiness in what the GOOD LORD has provided for one in this life-regardless if it looks totally different from others.
For me, this is not even about Black women or White women. This is personal. PullMyFinger made this comment: "I'm sure all those college educated black men and their white wives are a real inspiration to the black community (roll eyes)".

That comment lets me know said person disapproves of Black men marrying White women. It exposes a racial bigotry of the mind. Black men with White women has nothing to do with this discussion.

I will say this. When I do see a successful Black man with a White woman, and the dynamic is not a trashy dynamic, that makes me happy. It shows the very opposite of the "low self-esteem White female/predatory Black male" dynamic that so many people love pointing to.

Getting married and starting families is suppose to be about love. Alot of children are not had in love, but from one-night stands. That is a set up for failure.

Old 12-13-2016, 09:57 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
For me, this is not even about Black women or White women. This is personal. PullMyFinger made this comment: "I'm sure all those college educated black men and their white wives are a real inspiration to the black community (roll eyes)".

That comment lets me know said person disapproves of Black men marrying White women. It exposes a racial bigotry of the mind. Black men with White women has nothing to do with this discussion.

I will say this. When I do see a successful Black man with a White woman, and the dynamic is not a trashy dynamic, that makes me happy. It shows the very opposite of the "low self-esteem White female/predatory Black male" dynamic that so many people love pointing to.

Getting married and starting families is suppose to be about love. Alot of children are not had in love, but from one-night stands. That is a set up for failure.
You are correct! This thread was not created to speak about marriages between black men and white women, but since he or she (PMF) mentioned it I decided to provide personal insight regarding mixed marriages. I would hope that more children are being born from those who are married, but who knows??

Old 12-13-2016, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
You are correct! This thread was not created to speak about marriages between black men and white women, but since he or she (PMF) mentioned it I decided to provide personal insight regarding mixed marriages. I would hope that more children are being born from those who are married, but who knows??
If this was to be about having children in marriage, it should stay that way. We both know the comment was made out of disdain towards Black male/White female couples. Now if said person would just admit it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies