Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 09:49 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,760,312 times

Advertisements

I submit that when the black community starts tackling their out of wedlock birth rate and deadbeat dad problem, a number of problems within the black community will get better. Yes, there are white cops out for blacks. Yes, there is racial discrimination but the black community needs to address their pregnancy issue first and foremost. There are more than 20 different types of birth control available and that little thing called keep your legs closed and use self control.

Old 12-10-2016, 10:16 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,238,196 times
It's not the only problem, but it's a big one. Unfortunately, our compassion and generosity has CREATED the problem. Our welfare system offers more money than working full time, but requires NO work hours. And the alternative, working, typically isn't even possible--we've gutted our cities of jobs, and unskilled jobs are filled with immigrants (legal and illegal) willing to work ridiculous hours for less-than-minimal pay.

We can't expect people to change, when the situation has created their behavior. Until we have leaders smart enough to change the tax system to reward good behavior and punish bad behavior--rather than reward politically powerful Big Business and penalize politically helpless small business--nothing will change.

Old 12-10-2016, 10:23 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,256,544 times
It's now a generation or more of out of wedlock birth. It is now the norm. Doesn't bother them. Almost every young black woman I know has a child with no dad in sight. The kid's happy, the mom's happy and those around them don't seem to care.

Old 12-10-2016, 10:31 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,538,917 times
Stop paying women to be single moms, and the problem will lessen.

Old 12-10-2016, 10:37 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
I submit that when the black community starts tackling their out of wedlock birth rate and deadbeat dad problem, a number of problems within the black community will get better. Yes, there are white cops out for blacks. Yes, there is racial discrimination but the black community needs to address their pregnancy issue first and foremost. There are more than 20 different types of birth control available and that little thing called keep your legs closed and use self control.
Tell me what these 20 types of birth control are. And how about men using self control. Why is it always the woman's fault. You men are unbelievable. How about you keep it in your pants and stop blaming women for your lack of control

Old 12-10-2016, 10:37 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
It's now a generation or more of out of wedlock birth. It is now the norm. Doesn't bother them. Almost every young black woman I know has a child with no dad in sight. The kid's happy, the mom's happy and those around them don't seem to care.
I have stated my problem with this argument before, and I will again.

1. There are actually more white children born OOW than there are black.

2.OOW is not the same as the father not being in the child's life, OOW simply means the parents werent married at the time of birth.

Old 12-10-2016, 10:39 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Stop paying women to be single moms, and the problem will lessen.
Why do people on this forum act like single moms pass their kids off to the government, get a check and never see the kid again ?????

Old 12-10-2016, 10:39 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,170,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Tell me what these 20 types of birth control are. And how about men using self control. Why is it always the woman's fault. You men are unbelievable. How about you keep it in your pants and stop blaming women for your lack of control
Her body, her choice.

Old 12-10-2016, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I have stated my problem with this argument before, and I will again.

1. There are actually more white children born OOW than there are black.

2.OOW is not the same as the father not being in the child's life, OOW simply means the parents werent married at the time of birth.
Of course there are. The are more white people in the US than any other race. It's like comparing apples to oranges. Let's check the out of wedlock births in proportion to black females as a percentage of their population.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...hs-roger-clegg

Last edited by Texan2008; 12-10-2016 at 11:18 PM..

Old 12-10-2016, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I guess I should be been more complete with my statement. It takes two to tango so blame BOTH men and women for out of wedlock births. Keep it in your pants? I actually have never got a woman pregnant due to birth control and self control and that little thing called abstinence. Your post got defensive because I only mentioned women but yet women are half the equation for not getting pregnant. The 20 different birth control methods was an exaggeration but not by much. Any response to women needing to do their part about self control?

Birth Control Options | 20 Ways To Prevent Pregnancy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.