Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 07:00 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times

Advertisements

If you are not an American citizen, you should not be able to own property/real estate/resources in the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 07:19 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,958,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If you are not an American citizen, you should not be able to own property/real estate/resources in the USA.
Yeah screw foreign investment!

Send Nissan, Toyota, Honda, and Hyundai packing we don't need none of those manufacturing jobs.

Those jobs are better in Mexico where the domestics take them anyway.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:41 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Wal-Mart shouldn't be able to own their properties? Carrier and Ford and GM and Pepsi and UPS and McDonalds and Target cannot own their real estate within the US? Make them sell because they aren't 'an American citizen' ?

After all, they are publicly traded corporations. A corporation is not an American citizen.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Wal-Mart shouldn't be able to own their properties? Carrier and Ford and GM and Pepsi and UPS and McDonalds and Target cannot own their real estate within the US? Make them sell because they aren't 'an American citizen' ?

After all, they are publicly traded corporations. A corporation is not an American citizen.
A corporation is actually a citizen of 2 states, where it is incorporated, and its principal place of business.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:46 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,063,396 times
No, it is that you or I can post tripe, with little to no understanding and even less veracity. Anonymity does that.

Twitter is the vehicle. The negotiating tactic is not knew. It is called saberrattling. Nikita banging his shoe on his desk at the UN almost 60 years ago? Just a ploy, to get another's attention, to throw your opponent off. Just as the modern day equivalent, the tweet, can be used in the same way.

You really have less understanding than the average ideologue. Counter my specific examples. Google the term sure rattling, for instance. Show you know. Not just opinionating, anonymously.

That was my point. I was too vague for your understanding of the point. Your lack of sophistication in understanding politics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Take out anonymously and we have our President-Elect. Is it the lack of anonymity that shows Trump has a handle on this?

Nuclear arms race via Twitter is a new one.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
No, it is that you or I can post tripe, with little to no understanding and even less veracity. Anonymity does that.

Twitter is the vehicle. The negotiating tactic is not knew. It is called saberrattling. Nikita banging his shoe on his desk at the UN almost 60 years ago? Just a ploy, to get another's attention, to throw your opponent off. Just as the modern day equivalent, the tweet, can be used in the same way.

You really have less understanding than the average ideologue. Counter my specific examples. Google the term sure rattling, for instance. Show you know. Not just opinionating, anonymously.

That was my point. I was too vague for your understanding of the point. Your lack of sophistication in understanding politics.
What exactly are you doing that I am not that makes you so smart? You clearly are brilliant because you said so and I am stupid because you told me so.

What you are doing is giving hypotheticals and reading into things that aren't here. anonymously. What do we know? A blubbering 140 character Tweet RE: Nuclear Weapons and you're now reading into it in the way you want it to be read into.
But clearly you're too sophisticated for me to understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies