Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 09:57 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,494,887 times

Advertisements

Isn't it quite obvious by now that his words and actions don't match up?

It's even more obvious to me how carefully he tries to speak "uhhh.... uhmm... (let me search for the safest word that makes me look really good here)."

I can't believe more people aren't immensely disappointed at this failure of a president who promised REAL change. Was he talking about his underwear or what?

Old 12-11-2016, 01:21 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,142,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post

It's even more obvious to me how carefully he tries to speak "uhhh.... uhmm... (let me search for the safest word that makes me look really good here)."

I can't believe more people aren't immensely disappointed at this failure of a president who promised REAL change. Was he talking about his underwear or what?
General Motors is alive and OBL is Dead

Stock Market has nearly tripled

Unemployment is 4.6% down from 10.2%

Gas is slightly above $2.00

20 million have healthcare that didn't have it before

Out of Iraq

Iran agreement - preventing a proxy war by Israel

Major Climate Agreement

No scandals of any kind

Get my drift and more where that came from!

Old 12-11-2016, 01:23 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,124,958 times
Quote:

Obama was stymied by a republican congress who made it their life's mission to block anything he tried to do. That's not Obama's fault. A president is not a totalitarian dictator he still must work within the four corners of the Constitution.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:26 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,124,958 times
If Trump was dealing with a Democrat-controlled Congress he'd be spinning his wheels too. The president only has so much power.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:29 PM

6,081 posts, read 4,559,187 times
Isn't this somewhat true of any president, even one with decent communication skills? They are trying to get they're message out to so many people, and people and pundits who are all over the place in how they think and how they are going to perceive what would seem to be the simplest of messages.

So the communication gets diminished by trying to "split the difference" between the extremes and fall somewhere in the middle, and as a result it ends up feeling disingenious and stifled, as opposed to a message that is delivered to a small and like minded group of trusted associated.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:31 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,214,376 times
"Why can't some people see past Obama's superficiality?"

People on the Left are incredibly susceptible to star struck, emotional personality cults.

Rational analysis is hard to find on the Left.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:32 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,577,829 times
Quote:

Look up above and read wilful's post. Did you miss that somehow? You think the man did nothing? You people will stop at nothing with your partisanship. I guess the luster of Trump's win has worn off and you need to go back to pissing and moaning.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:32 PM

36,630 posts, read 67,196,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post

Out of Iraq

Major Climate Agreement

No scandals of any kind

Obama is a leader and a true statesman.

He left the country much better off than it was prior to taking office.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:35 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,107,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
- maybe. No proof. Also GM is building their factories in foreign countries

- quantative easning and fed intrest rates at 0

- fake , i don't have a job and all my friends are underemployed

- because of fracking, something Obama fought tooth and nail to stop

- and everybody else's rates skyrocketed. I still don't have it

Out of Iraq
- and it's an ISIS infested cesspool of death btw there are still US forces there and now also in many other areas we werent before, syria, lybia, etc

- for $170 billion and history will tell if they develop a nuke (think NKorea)

Major Climate Agreement
- who does this help?

No scandals of any kind
- benghazi? Ransom to Iran? Clinton server? Operation fast&furious? Unconstitutional executive orders?

I get your drift. They're 1/2 ass accomplishments. Look at race relations, riots in the streets, civil unrest etc is worse than ever in my lifetime.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:36 PM

24,284 posts, read 16,955,928 times
I am not a fan of Obama but he has done some good things and he has done some things that make a sane person scratch their heads and wonder if he actually likes America.

As for his stuttering speech patterns it is like he is searching for the right words knowing how they will be dissected by the right or is he channeling his inner Martin Luther King.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies