Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 09:40 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,210,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Publicizing the email was highly unprofessional bordering on psychopathic.
If someone called me the biggest *** in the world I would absolutely publish that. To me, that message was highly unprofessional.

Cindy Brady is out of control. She needed to be exposed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 09:42 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
They seem to think it's OK to harass the living daylights out of us!
The LGBT community has harassed you? You personally? Tell us more. Or do you simply repeat the vapid propaganda that you hear?

Old 12-11-2016, 09:52 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
He's using his political power to hurt people. He's a horrible bully.
What political power? He's a freakin' ACTOR!

Old 12-12-2016, 03:01 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
I'd get fired if I said something like this at work also. I have to think a lot of people would.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:07 AM

21,124 posts, read 19,707,707 times
People still don't know that everything you say on Facebook is a matter of public record, not a private conversation?

Old 12-12-2016, 04:28 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,496,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
I guess the Gay community does not believe in free speech.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/brad...202837031.html
Once again. Sigh. People don't understand free speech. Did a government official show up at her residence and arrest her? No. Freedom of speech is the right to articulate opinions and ideas without fear of GOVERNMENT retaliation or sanction. Freedom of speech does not mean people can't challenge what you say or they have to agree because of "freedom of speech." You say something I don't agree with, I'm free to say something about it. I say something you don't like (this post) you are free to not like it and say something about it. Exercising my First Amendment rights in this post. Get it?

Old 12-12-2016, 04:35 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
I guess the Gay community does not believe in free speech.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/brad...202837031.html
Besides, it was the dude she interviewed that started this. She only responded to what he said (I read his comments ...ugly). And she didn't respond on-air, but on her Facebook page!

This is the radical Left. They are intolerant of anyone who doesn't think like they do. One poster criticized her for her "archaic beliefs." Christianphobia? I think so.

Old 12-12-2016, 05:15 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
I'm sorry but she's just weird. It honestly seemed like she was drunk.

And her right to free speech was infringed upon. The first amendment applies to state actors aka the government. The private company that fired her isn't bound to that.

Maybe Jan Brady can take her place and finally have her spot in the limelight.

Thank gawd there's always someone around to remind us that free speech can only be CONSTITUTIONALLY infringed upon by a branch of the government. Otherwise, who'd know?

Newsflash: Private companies can and do infringe upon their employees' free speech. They CAN, but that doesn't mean that they're not muzzling their employees. Companies who lower the boom on expressing some opinions while embracing others had better get used to being called intolerant hypocrites.

So, give me a break. This is simply one more case of the Rainbow Mafia getting someone canned for not spouting the PC line.

Old 12-12-2016, 05:20 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,946,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Once again. Sigh. People don't understand free speech. Did a government official show up at her residence and arrest her? No. Freedom of speech is the right to articulate opinions and ideas without fear of GOVERNMENT retaliation or sanction. Freedom of speech does not mean people can't challenge what you say or they have to agree because of "freedom of speech." You say something I don't agree with, I'm free to say something about it. I say something you don't like (this post) you are free to not like it and say something about it. Exercising my First Amendment rights in this post. Get it?
So by that rationale, can an employer fire you because of your religion?

Old 12-12-2016, 05:56 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
But a quarterback is defended for exercising his free speech while at work?
I support homophobics' right to free speech. They should not be arrested by the government for what they say. I'm happy that didn't happen in this case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies