Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 03:46 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
European cities with high poverty are very violent. Don't believe me? Go to the poor neighborhoods of Glasgow or Cardiff. Incredibly high incidence of assault. What they don't have his guns. There's a lot of both in Latin America, and murder rates higher than the worst American cities. But I suppose you attribute that to their not being white.
You don't need a gun to kill. What was the peak number of murders there like 40 lol? Then authorities cracked down on the few bad apples and it dropped drastically. If they would allow guns in those white neighborhoods they would become more polite if anything. Yes some groups of people are more violent and dysfunctional prone no matter the circumstances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2016, 03:48 PM

14,668 posts, read 14,629,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yes some groups of people are more violent and dysfunctional prone no matter the circumstances.
The Vikings and Conquistadors, for example...

Old 12-12-2016, 07:12 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Well, I care. The poster referenced Irish and Italians back then and I'm both. And since the families were together, except when the men were off at war, they had two parents and as many as twelve kids in an apartment. Kids slept in the living room, dining room (if their was one) and kitchen.

It was a rough neighborhood, to be sure. Most men didn't graduate high school, some didn't graduate grade school, and they were off working at 14 years of age. But filled with crime? No. In fact, if any neighbor even thought you were doing something wrong, they'd give you a crack to the back of the head, and then grab you by the ear and march you back to your house where they would discuss it with your parents.
Well, I can understand that. I did some digging about. During the early part of the 20th century, Italian immigrants in Philadelphia had high murder rates. It also mentioned that it was mostly single men living aloe doing much of the violence. Marriage and family basically calmed many things down.

Actually, in Chicago, the immigrant group that filled the prisons the most were not Italians or Irish, but Polish. Same for Detroit during the early 20th century.

What I meant to say in the last post was this. Someone was saying "you had to go back 60 to 100 years". My point was that the crowded, inner city dynamic no longer exists for Whites like it does for Blacks today.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
European cities with high poverty are very violent. Don't believe me? Go to the poor neighborhoods of Glasgow or Cardiff. Incredibly high incidence of assault. What they don't have his guns. There's a lot of both in Latin America, and murder rates higher than the worst American cities. But I suppose you attribute that to their not being white.
Russia actually has the highest murder rate in Europe. There are cities in Russia more murderous than Glasgow or Cardiff. There is also a growing Neo-Nazi presence in Russia.

Old 12-19-2016, 05:40 PM

The guy who attacked that veteran is a criminal and a coward. He's also a predator. He deserves prison time. I will also say this. Anyone who is attempting to turn this into "see, this is why we don't want to be around Blacks", is a bigot. Said person who would try that is just looking for an excuse to voice how he/she really feels.

Old 12-30-2016, 04:22 PM

Has the person who attacked that veteran been tried yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies