Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2016, 07:13 AM

26,467 posts, read 15,053,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
How anyone could deny the report that was released two days ago is beyond me and borderline traitorist.

So Trumps advisors say that sancations should be tougher and the "Alt Right Russian Propghanda machine" says it's lies lmao.
Rolling Stone says of this report:

Quote:
This report is long on jargon but short on specifics. More than half of it is just a list of suggestions for preventive measures.

At one point we learn that the code name the U.S. intelligence community has given to Russian cyber shenanigans is GRIZZLY STEPPE, a sexy enough detail.

But we don't learn much at all about what led our government to determine a) that these hacks were directed by the Russian government, or b) they were undertaken with the aim of influencing the election, and in particular to help elect Donald Trump.

The problem with this story is that, like the Iraq-WMD mess, it takes place in the middle of a highly politicized environment during which the motives of all the relevant actors are suspect. Nothing quite adds up.

If the American security agencies had smoking-gun evidence that the Russians had an organized campaign to derail the U.S. presidential election and deliver the White House to Trump, then expelling a few dozen diplomats after the election seems like an oddly weak and ill-timed response. Voices in both parties are saying this now.
If we are going to level serious accusations at a nuclear power that we are already on edge with - let's have evidence. Why can't I ask for evidence, the smoking gun, before being called an "Alt Right Russian Propghanda (sic) machine"? When did Rolling Stone join the Alt-Right? When did it become anti-American under Obama to ask for evidence to government claims?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2016, 07:14 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
OP, nice breakdown of the subject.

Old 12-31-2016, 07:15 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times
I have a lot of respect for Matt Taibbi as a journalist and I enjoyed this article. The main points I took from it is that:

1. We, the public, really don't know yet what is in the full report. It could be as dark as they say, it could be that the current administration is trying to set up Trump and put him in a bad position, or it could be something in between. Taibbi is clear that we just don't know enough yet.

2. His second point is why are we, the public, and the media, acting like fools over this before we really know.

Old 12-31-2016, 07:17 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,509,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Rolling Stone says of this report:
So you don't believe the FBI and CIA? I work for in a related field, why the hell would you release all the details to the public. That is beyond stupid. Honestly how much do any of you know any encryption key algorithms, hash tables, and general network connectivity? How would details you don't understand make you more aware? The government doesn't need to tell everyone everything

Old 12-31-2016, 07:19 AM

638 posts, read 310,144 times
Quote:
So you don't believe the FBI and CIA? I work for in a related field, why the hell would you release all the details to the public. That is beyond stupid. Honestly how much do any of you know any encryption key algorithms, hash tables, and general network connectivity? How would details you don't understand make you more aware? The government doesn't need to tell everyone everything
After Comey's antics with Clinton, NO ONE SANE believes anything from the FBI. Be serious.

Old 12-31-2016, 07:19 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Why sure, if you can't believe a stoner magazine, who can you believe ? It isn't like they are counter culture, or anything.

Old 12-31-2016, 07:20 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
I knew it had to be Taibbi. He's the only one that writes for them worth the time .

Old 12-31-2016, 07:20 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Did our intelligence even say the Russians (officials) gave the information to Wikileaks?

Wikileaks says the Russians didn't supply them the emails.

Old 12-31-2016, 07:21 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
It's a crock of you know what and we the citizens should demanding resignations over what they're trying to do. They are in collusion with the Russians to start a phony new cold war which would put American citizens and service men and womens lives at risk. They don't want an actual war, just an excuse to increase military spending and have the people preoccupied should a major banking or other collapse occur. We're supposed to get mad at the Russians for tampering with our election and its all B.S. Of course they could stage covert ops in disputed areas. They're trying to hamstring Trump or force him to go along with it. The good old globalist military industrial complex and banks. Now we have both parties catering to it although the dems seems to be completely dominated by them. And now they have the internet tech moguls on their side trying to stop free speech and the truth from hindering their efforts.
Trump had better keep his generals happy because the military well be our last allies left.

Old 12-31-2016, 07:22 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
What liberals secretly want:

Sharia law implemented in America
War with Russia
Wide open borders turning America into Guatemala
Sanctuary cities all over America
An end to Christianity
Rachel Maddow for president
Since you obviously aren't a liberal and really, absolutely have NO idea what a liberal wants/thinks, you just advertise this lack of insight with posts like this

I am somewhat a liberal:
There is no way I want Sharia law in the US---it is as mysogynistic and unbalanced (undemocratic) as any current legislation coming out of the alt-right, ultra conservative wing of GOP legislatures like North Carolina, Texas, Ohio. and others with its desire to rewrite constitutional abortion practices, contraception access, marriage laws, and gender suppression...
Conservative GOP. values are the same repressive, demeaning to women and empowering to men that Sharia law is---just under a different god... the oppression is the same....

GOP conservatives don't offer religious freedom but religious tyranny...
So yes--your version of Christianity I definitely reject because you want to impliment a state-religion where YOUR version Trumps all other interpretations of Christianity not to mention any other religious beliefs...
Do you realize that the Constitution specifically prohibits a state supported/required version of ANY religious system??? Christianity, Islam, Buddism, Wicca, Jehovah's Witness, Unitarian, Judeism, ----whatever organized or unorganized religion it is forbidden to become THE religion of the USA...
Freedom to worship does not mean power to control or suppress any other religion!

As to sanctuary cities/open borders---I think America needs immigration reform that is logical, practical, and does mot empower business needs over average Americans...

Rachel Maddow has a PhD in international politics ---so I think she is imminently more qualified ghsn Trump to be Predident,
I think McCain, Graham, Romney, Kay Bailey Hutchison, Nicole Wallace, Jeb Bush, Rand Paul, General Mattis or heck, even the former governor of Kentucky is a Republican better qualified than Trump to be president

Trump is a vindictive, shallow narcissist whose greed drives every aspect of his life:
his greed for unlimited, unconditional approval,
his greed to be #1 w/o the ability/effort,
his greed to be the one in control,

That behavior isn't a reflection of great strength but great weakness...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies