Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 03:34 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,118,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
The Democrats push this strategy b/c it works and, if they abandoned this strategy, they'd have to run on their record and proposals. All the Democrats want is power, which manifests in the form of more regulations; higher taxes; labor laws that favor unions; weak immigration laws; weak national defense; civil unrest; no law and order; hating law enforcement; Obamacare; etc.

In light of the insanity of the Democrats' policies, identity politics isn't a bad approach. So long as they stick to their insane policies, they'll do better using identity politics than running on policy proposals.
Damn, you're good. Heads will explode with you around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2016, 03:54 PM

2,309 posts, read 901,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Anyone who doesnt know the difference between a New Deal democrat like Bernie and FDR and a communist shouldnt be taken seriously. Your rhetoric sounds hysterical.
Ok then what's the difference?

Old 12-25-2016, 04:01 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,085,471 times
OP, Dems are progressive as you can get. Have no idea what your talking about...

https://danielteolijr.files.wordpres...teoli-jr-6.jpg

Old 12-25-2016, 04:08 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,333,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I want Republican men to stop trying to turn back the clock on a woman's uterus. I want Republican men to stop threatening to take away rights from LGBT people.

That would be a great start.
And some of us would appreciate your refraining from attempts to stereotype all of us who don't subscribe to the radical/"progressive" agenda as Fundamentalists and dinosaurs. Conservatism is no more monolithic than the supposed "Red Menace" of the McCarthy era.

You apparently haven't learned your lesson from last month, but it will be no trouble to repeat it as necessary.

Old 01-19-2017, 06:43 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times
During the Tom Price hearing, Tim Kaine started trying to ask questions about the Confederate flag and slavery. What does any of that have to do with the Department of Health and Human Services?

Libs race bait at every single chance they get and still don't understand that it cost them the election two months ago.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:53 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
acting like black people are being treated no differently than it was in the 50s. Supporting radical movements like Black Lives Matter and demonizing police. Ignoring the fact that black men on average commit more crime and will on average be likely to interact with police more. Jumping to conclusions on every case of a black guy getting shot and assuming it has to do with racism.

treating women like they are being denied basic rights. Pushing this equal pay nonsense (even though it has been in law since 1963, so basically this is part of their goal for everyone to receive the same wages). Treating them like innocent flowers (like acting like it was a huge scandal that Trump talks about women's looks).

and then you have many liberals complaining when jobs have too many "white men" (usually only jobs like STEM fields and politics and ignore the dirty dangerous type of jobs). And talking about "white male privilege" and how white men need to "recognize their privilege"

maybe then they will stop hemorrhaging white voters. Won't hold my breath though

I never thought I'd see the day when I would agree with you AT ALL. There are definitely still racists out there but at the same time I think African Americans especially feel entitled. When I visited the hospital a couple months ago I saw one example of this. As a reserved introvert, of course I said nothing but inside I felt really uncomfortable and got second hand embarrassment from this lady.

We still have work to do with the social issues though but race isn't one of them. The sad part is it overshadows the rest of the minorities.

It's not about treating women like innocent flowers. It's about respecting them and Trump did not do that in his comments. I don't know about equal pay but there's still conflict with women's issues (i.e. abortion which is now legal but might be illegal again) Then of course women are still violated by men on a regular basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
if anything blacks are given the benefit of the doubt at employers who need to fill quotas and can have sub-par work performance and get away with it because they know how to game the system. To say they are being oppressed would be misleading. They have all the opportunities of any white person if not moreso if they choose to apply themselves, which of course many don't because their culture doesn't promote hard work and personal responsibility.
They seem to have more opportunities when it comes to jobs. Maybe because like you said they know how to put guilt trips on people. I guess people feel bad because of their ancestors so their vocalization works.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:46 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
Gee, I didn't hear Hillary didn't talk much about those things. Ditto for the liberal media. What I heard was... "Trump this, Russia that, black this, white that, Latino this, homophobic that, xenophobic this..."

IMO the liberals are the real racists. They constantly pander to voting blocks by playing the race card, pitting Americans against each other (e.g. "angry white men", "white-lash"). Seems to me they want to keep blacks dependent (enslaved) on their plantation-dole instead of actually helping them help themselves.

Under 8 years of Obama inflation-adjusted incomes of
- The lowest quintile of Americans dropped by (1.7%)
- The lowest quintile of blacks dropped by (3.0%)
- The richest 5% of Americans rose by 6.0%.
And somehow the billionaire in charge is going to solve income inequality.

Both parties are pandering to the moneyed class. And the republicans elected the number one tax cheat.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:56 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
if anything blacks are given the benefit of the doubt at employers who need to fill quotas and can have sub-par work performance and get away with it because they know how to game the system. To say they are being oppressed would be misleading. They have all the opportunities of any white person if not moreso if they choose to apply themselves, which of course many don't because their culture doesn't promote hard work and personal responsibility.

What are these jobs? If it is so easy to get a job as a black person, why is black unemployment persistently 2x more?

Please follow up with these job leads. I need to work on my backup plan when the tech economy goes bust. Where are these quotas?

Old 01-20-2017, 02:06 AM

7,132 posts, read 9,135,673 times
There may be racial quotas in the public sector, but definitely not in the private sector. I've known people who's employers literally said to them "Dont bring in anymore black people to interviews".

Old 01-20-2017, 06:56 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
There may be racial quotas in the public sector, but definitely not in the private sector. I've known people who's employers literally said to them "Dont bring in anymore black people to interviews".
I can acknowledge that but it happens on all sides. My friend went for a loan for his business and was told, sorry, you're a white male, that's the worst place to be when trying to get funding. If he were anything but white, or a woman, he could have qualified for it. That means he faced a economic issue based on his color and gender. Nobody feels for him, nor cares. This is the fairness of it all now. Some wish they were black to get funding or education incentives, etc. Some wish they were white for the reasons maybe you mention.

I think everyone is now feeling this to some degree. That's just life. But there are no laws against women or minorities in America. We no longer have this. All are equal under the law. What people are trying to change are peoples personal ideals. That is a different thing, and we all deal with that. As a women I can't change a man who is in an upper position who abuses that by telling me I have a nice butt. I do have the freedom to report him, change my job, etc. We all face this kind of thing and there is no way to eliminate it all.

If people were making a decent living I think these issues would be less important. I think they are symptoms of a larger picture. If Trump fixes the living wage I think more people will have a different tone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies