Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 10:00 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,692,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Well explained,and I think very indicative about how a lot of people feel.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2016, 10:13 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
You are kidding? There is a piece of tripe written almost every day demonizing white men.

The White Guy Problem https://bittergertrude.com/2014/12/1...e-guy-problem/

White Men Must be Stopped: The Very Future of Mankind Depends on It White men must be stopped: The very future of mankind depends on it - Salon.com

I Don’t Know What To Do With Good White People I Don't Know What to Do With Good White People

Ten Things White People Need To Stop Saying Ten Things White People Need To Quit Saying | The Huffington Post

Dear White People: Here’s a List of Things We’d Wish You’d Stop Doing Here's a List of Things We'd Wish White People Would Stop Doing

What is also true is that the legacy of slavery, Jim Crow, discrimination in almost every institution of our lives — you know, that casts a long shadow. And that's still part of our DNA that's passed on.--President Obama

I won't even go into the reams of literature in our institutions of higher learning on white privilege.

To deny the demonization of white men is happening is disingenuous. It is.
How much of that is institutionalized the same way that bias is for blacks and other minorities?
All I see above are opinion pieces that are, I'm fairly confident, not required reading for anyone anywhere in this country.
I've little doubt that I could, if I could stomach it, find equally spurious articles detailing how minorities have ruined this country and have decimated that very white privilege that so many want to deny exists.

All one has to do is look at some of the posts about affirmative action to see how many do not want the playing field leveled.

If that isn't implicit privilege, I don't know what is.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:48 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Talking Obama's no hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Just clearly showing how How much hate Obama has!!!
Psychological transference.

Check it out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transference

RWNJs hate the man to his last fiber, though. In spite of how much better off America is today than 8 years ago.

Nome sane?

Old 12-13-2016, 10:49 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
What a Jerk...Why don't you go work full time for comedy central. You'd fit right in---your a joke and a disgrace.

https://news.grabien.com/story.php?id=1879

Your post proves he is right.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:50 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Quote:
What a Jerk...Why don't you go work full time for comedy central. You'd fit right in---your a joke and a disgrace.

https://news.grabien.com/story.php?id=1879
sounds like you're unable to handle the truth

Old 12-13-2016, 10:51 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
Exactly no matter what skin color everyone has degrees of racism. However what the jerk was trying to imply that only whites are racists. Didn't he once say that only whites have racism in their DNA.

LOL, no he didn't .I see facts are not prominent in your DNA.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:52 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
This is certainly a thread expressing extreme annoyance.

Who started it, anyway?

I`m pretty sure it was started by a racist who wasn`t a racist until we had a black president. That`s his story and he`s sticking to it.
He marched with MLK back in the day.

Old 12-13-2016, 11:13 AM

50,807 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Yes it does the truth is that sadly this man ever became president.

BTW...FYI...I have many close friends that are black and despise Obama!!!
Yeah.

Old 12-13-2016, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
This man has the audacity to tell Americans how racist we are? A black man Americans elected twice to the highest office? He has constantly stirred the pot of identity politics, discontentment, us vs them.

What happened to e pluribus unum? Obama will leave this country's highest office having accomplishing just the opposite.
I've read a lot of your posts. You're OFTEN audacious. Do you have some right the president does not?

Old 12-13-2016, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Do you disagree with the President's statement?
Why is it so upsetting to you that the President has stated such?

I can answer that -- "Here comes Suzie Snowflake". They can't stand to hear truth when stated by a non-White person. It upsets them to no end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies