Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did You Vote For Trump Because Of Alledged Russian Hacking
Yes 3 4.69%
No 61 95.31%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 12:59 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I for one was glad the Russians (or whomever) hacked e-mails because it gave some rare transparency to some of the cheating going on behind the scenes.

I voted for neither.
But Obama said

Thanks to Snowden we got our transparency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2016, 01:01 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Dmitri Alperovitch: GRU caught red-handed. People may be arguing about the intent, but it's pretty well established that it happened, and more than once.
"it"

what was "it"?

did the Russians, hack our election system and change votes?
did the Russians provide false information that caused people to change their voting habits?

you need to define "it"

and while you are at "it" you need to explain the stand you took against mainstream NEWS outlets that lied about Trump, twisted what Trump said, and at the same time did not report on Clintons negatives. you need to explain how you took the same stance against journalists letting Clintons team vet their news articles before publication.

YOU need to provide some kind of evidence that shows how exposing actual factual truth is worse than the lies and half truths told by our own media.

Old 12-13-2016, 01:02 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Were you concerned when Mr. Obama meddled in the presidential elections of Israel and Egypt?

American interference in foreign elections is equally unacceptable to me.

Were you concerned about AMERICAN media tilting the coverage in favor of Hillary Clinton?

Media bias is not the same thing as foreign interference in a U.S. election. Not even close.

because selective outrage will simply cause those that don't agree with you to hold you in contempt.
you will never be heard so long as you refuse to recognize your own hypocrisy.

A wise man once said, I cannot hear your words because your actions are so loud...
Answers above.

Old 12-13-2016, 01:04 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,032,885 times
I'm more concerned about B of A getting hacked and draining my account.

Old 12-13-2016, 01:06 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,312 times
Quote:
Dmitri Alperovitch: GRU caught red-handed. People may be arguing about the intent, but it's pretty well established that it happened, and more than once.
From your earlier post. "Dmitri Alperovitch, founder and CTO of Crowdstrike, claims that his company caught the GRU red-handed."

"CLAIMS"

IMHO, if this is the kind of evidence you rely on to form your agenda then it has become completely clear to me that you are incapable of critical thinking and no one should take you seriously.

Old 12-13-2016, 01:07 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,205,098 times
I guess I don't see the problem...people still had their own personal choice on election day.

We have lobbyists and businessmen (some of them foreign) who "meddle" in our political process all the time.

The question, for me, comes down to what effect did it really have? Trying to sway votes and actually swaying them are two different things. The thing is, with this election, people's minds were already made up long before any alleged "interference." In the end I don't believe it made any difference.

Whatever the Russians did or did not do and whatever their intent was did not have an effect on this election. I just don't believe it did. The only way I will believe it did have any effect is if there is proof the information disseminated was falsified. In other words, those emails that were leaked...did the DNC people write them, or did someone make them up? So far, the DNC has not said the emails weren't theirs or made any other claims that they were false. That says more to me about the DNC than it does about the Russians.

Old 12-13-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
"it"

what was "it"?

did the Russians, hack our election system and change votes?
did the Russians provide false information that caused people to change their voting habits?

you need to define "it"

and while you are at "it" you need to explain the stand you took against mainstream NEWS outlets that lied about Trump, twisted what Trump said, and at the same time did not report on Clintons negatives. you need to explain how you took the same stance against journalists letting Clintons team vet their news articles before publication.

YOU need to provide some kind of evidence that shows how exposing actual factual truth is worse than the lies and half truths told by our own media.
You're going to have to look it up yourself, because the towing service just showed up to jump my car, so I can drive it to the dealer who hopefully will find the electrical short that is repeatedly draining my battery. You can start with The Hill.

Old 12-13-2016, 02:32 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Yes, I can support my argument; you just don't care to listen to what I have to say, which is that interference from any foreign power in our election is a problem, regardless of the candidate ultimately targeted.
If they hacked the election machines..... I care.
If there is a link\partnership with the other candidate (aka Watergate style outsourcing)....I care.

You seem more incensed about how we found out, than that Hillary got debate questions ahead of time.

Mopping up a debate because you've prepped for the questions can sway elections and CNN let a former DNC head have access to them?!?!!? WTH...that bothers me on a whole other level.

If the Chinese, Russians or Canadians hack RNC emails showing Trump somehow managed to cheat then GREAT.....I want those released too.

Old 12-13-2016, 04:10 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Answers above.
you weren't up in arms about Obama and team interfearing.
media bias at the level we are seeing it right now is a far greater threat to America than some Russian hacker showing the world one parties dirty laundry.

Old 12-13-2016, 04:22 PM

Quote:
you weren't up in arms about Obama and team interfearing.
media bias at the level we are seeing it right now is a far greater threat to America than some Russian hacker showing the world one parties dirty laundry.
That wasn't the point of the thread, which asked about Russian hacking, and I find American meddling in foreign elections equally appalling and dangerous.

As for media bias, it's not the same thing. Not at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies