Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2016, 05:30 PM

1,413 posts, read 1,290,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That's because the people weren't a bunch of divided, incompatible foreigners wanting to challenge the law and judges and the court weren't activist SJW willing to rewrite the laws until primarily more recent decades.

I find it telling that leftist have a narrow view of the 1st amendment speech and for the traditional Christian religion and 2nd amendment, but have the broadest view of the 1st amendment for all purposes beneficial to the foreign, alien religion of islam and its importation and mainstreaming.

When enemies selectively re-interpret and co-opt your constitution to use it against you, it has no useful value.
If it weren't for "sjw's" challenging laws we would still have slavery and women wouldn't be able to vote. Sounds great.

You make a lot of other assumptions that don't apply to my point of view. Drawing conclusions based on very limited evidence shows that you don't have an open mind and discussing things further with you would be pointless

I hope you have a great Christmas or whichever holiday you choose to celebrate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 05:35 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clawsondude View Post
If it weren't for "sjw's" challenging laws we would still have slavery and women wouldn't be able to vote. Sounds great.

You make a lot of other assumptions that don't apply to my point of view. Drawing conclusions based on very limited evidence shows that you don't have an open mind and discussing things further with you would be pointless

Plenty of right wingers would be just fine with that.

Old 12-15-2016, 05:40 PM

778 posts, read 339,143 times
Quote:

Wow, you need to get educated. Slavery ended as a result of a CIVIL WAR, not a #hashtag campaign or internet meme.

And women were voting in several states BEFORE the 19th Amendment.

I think you might want to re-read your last statement because you are the stellar example of it.

Old 12-15-2016, 05:45 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,868,047 times
Quote:

Abolitionist were around a long time and were far from SJWs, neither were those that were against abolition necessarily pro-slavery per se. Are you claiming the Republican party and most of the north were SJWs? That is quite a claim.

Old 12-15-2016, 05:54 PM

529 posts, read 369,790 times
For the record.
When "Separation of church and state" is tossed around, you should be aware that the word "state" here refers to the federal government.

Old 12-15-2016, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
Wow, you need to get educated. Slavery ended as a result of a CIVIL WAR, not a #hashtag campaign or internet meme.

And women were voting in several states BEFORE the 19th Amendment.

I think you might want to re-read your last statement because you are the stellar example of it.
I'm aware of this, but some people had to actually oppose slavery for that to happen. Same for women's suffrage. There were activists, it didn't magically happen.

Thanks for the suggestion on academics, but I am well educated.

Happy Holidays!

Old 12-15-2016, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Abolitionist were around a long time and were far from SJWs, neither were those that were against abolition necessarily pro-slavery per se. Are you claiming the Republican party and most of the north were SJWs? That is quite a claim.
I'm suggesting that some form of activism had to happen for major changes to occur. I used the sjw term tongue in cheek. It's apparently become an insulting slur to be hurled at activists.

Old 12-15-2016, 06:15 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,985,166 times
Just un update to this Story.... The State of Texas officially has Sued the school district today and filed the lawsuit against Killeen ISD

Texas sues Killeen ISD over Charlie Brown decoration | KXAN.com

Old 12-15-2016, 06:30 PM

778 posts, read 339,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Just un update to this Story.... The State of Texas officially has Sued the school district today and filed the lawsuit against Killeen ISD

Texas sues Killeen ISD over Charlie Brown decoration | KXAN.com
Good for Texas! At least we know that there is one state that still upholds the US Constitution as intended!

Old 12-15-2016, 06:48 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,985,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
Good for Texas! At least we know that there is one state that still upholds the US Constitution as intended!
Thats why I left the Liberal Black Hole of Chicago and moved here... Time and Time again, Texas proves to respect and uphold the constitution to its fullest extent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies