Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 10:00 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Are you not interested in the man who's going to run the country (whether you like it or not) to do the best job he can? In other words, why not support him, wouldn't your support help the country come together and work towards improving things that need to be improved? Wouldn't you want Trump fans to support hillary if she won?
I think you had a typo. The man that will enable others to RUIN the country. He's going to staff out and let the others in the swamp handle the jobs while he collect his monetary tribute. He's an idiot, but he's mega greedy so the fix is in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2016, 10:01 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
When he and I are talking on the phone I call him Donnie and he call me Hoot. Other than that, it's PRESIDENT TRUMP.
I was reading another board and they called him trumplethinskin. This is going to get ugly.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:03 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Once Trump is officially President in mere weeks and not merely President Elect, will it be hard for you to say
President Trump?

Do you plan to call him something else, or will you refer to him as President Trump?
Nope not really. What is done is done..

Old 12-13-2016, 10:13 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
I call everyone by their last name.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:33 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
It's not hard for me. But I have a leg up since I don't watch reality tv and had no preexisting ideas about the guy. All I know is he's rich and likes Twitter

Old 12-13-2016, 10:52 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,028,351 times
It won't be hard for me. I've been saying it for about a year and a half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I was reading another board and they called him trumplethinskin. This is going to get ugly.
Only because ugly people insist on making it ugly. Why bring up another forum? Don't have the nerve to say it yourself so blame someone else...

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
LOL I was at least trying to be civil with my post. But those were the thoughts going through my head
Yes. Ugly. I suppose you read those slurs (birther boy, Twitler, swindler, snake oil salesman, con man, grifter, etc) ..on "another forum"...

Old 12-13-2016, 11:00 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,704,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I think you had a typo. The man that will enable others to RUIN the country. He's going to staff out and let the others in the swamp handle the jobs while he collect his monetary tribute. He's an idiot, but he's mega greedy so the fix is in.
You seem pretty sure of this, with Trump's ego, do you think he's going to sit back and let people destroy his gig? Is there precedent within the Trump organization that he just lets people 'run wild' and do whatever they want? How have you decided he's going to 'sit back'? also, if he was greedy, wouldn't he have accepted a ton of money from mega rich donors promising them favors? He didn't do that, if he's so greedy, what prevented him from taking millions of dollars from oil nations and whatnut?

Old 12-13-2016, 11:01 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post

Only because ugly people insist on making it ugly. Why bring up another forum? Don't have the nerve to say it yourself so blame someone else...

Yes. Ugly. I suppose you read those slurs on "another forum"...
What?? Look up the history of my posts and you will see I have never said any name calling. So you are wrong. But don't be surprised when the name calling comes here. That's all I'm saying

Old 12-13-2016, 11:38 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Because apparently you have no idea that until January 20th he is NOT the president.

Quote:
What nonsense. If you are going to attack another poster, at least make it somewhat reasonable. Sheesh. Its like you WANT the other poster to fit into your narrow definition of non Trump folks. Thats pretty sad, so quick lesson....try and make your attacks somewhat within the realm of reality.

Quote:
Yes. Ugly. I suppose you read those slurs (birther boy, Twitler, swindler, snake oil salesman, con man, grifter, etc) ..on "another forum"...
In all honesty....there IS a search capability for CD. You know that right? Twitler being a new one I haven't seen....has never been used on this forum until today.

The other slurs are more generic, so its hard to say. I'm sure they will be used, but FAR less hopefully then the repeated horrific names used by many on the right here. And the fact that until today twitler has never been used here is a good indication that yes, in fact they HAVE read it on another forum. But insulting someone took precedence over the facts for you.

Old 12-14-2016, 04:59 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
You seem pretty sure of this, with Trump's ego, do you think he's going to sit back and let people destroy his gig? Is there precedent within the Trump organization that he just lets people 'run wild' and do whatever they want? How have you decided he's going to 'sit back'? also, if he was greedy, wouldn't he have accepted a ton of money from mega rich donors promising them favors? He didn't do that, if he's so greedy, what prevented him from taking millions of dollars from oil nations and whatnut?
Linda McMahon gave 6 million to a Trump super PAC (Rebuilding America Now) plus a few more million to Trump's Foundation.

Now, Mrs McMahon is going to head the Small Business Administration (SBA).

If that isn't pay for play, I don't know what is. So, Trump did (albeit slightly) indirectly accept money from donors for favors/jobs.

The minute Trump entered politics, he became a politician. He's acting just like one.

You're either naive or blind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies