Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 08:44 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times

Advertisements

I think the ones who are US Citizens should be prosecuted. If they're hacking just to see if they can, they need to turn that mess over to the authorities and tell them they need stronger security. If they choose to release classified information to the public that could harm US interests, yes... they should be tried and jailed. Hacking is illegal, unless you have been permitted to do it by the person/agency whose information you're accessing.

I think those who aren't citizens who hack us just help us realize how much we need to increase security. Not much you can do unless it's a foreign government that you can sanction.

Old 12-14-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I'm not happy it could happen but the real issue is that those charged with protecting the information did not safeguard it well enough. Doesn't mean those that disseminated the information should be held harmless, but they aren't the real concern, it's that they could get it.

As far as the DNC crap, oh well, truth hurts.
You realize that the RNC probably has some equally salacious info that wasn't released, right?

I am not for either party, but they're flip sides of the same, conniving coin.

Old 12-14-2016, 08:53 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You realize that the RNC probably has some equally salacious info that wasn't released, right?

I am not for either party, but they're flip sides of the same, conniving coin.

Exactly right. I'm sure many of those who cheered the leaking of DNC emails would be sputtering in fury if the RNC emails had also been leaked. Just more of the same old, good enough for thee, but not for me, crap from the right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 08:58 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Snotty busybody who think other people business is their business.

I truly hope a firing squad is in Snowdens future.
Yeah, kill everyone who would dare to expose the criminality of the government! Speak on comrade!!!! /sarc

Old 12-14-2016, 08:59 AM

575 posts, read 298,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Exactly right. I'm sure many of those who cheered the leaking of DNC emails would be sputtering in fury if the RNC emails had also been leaked. Just more of the same old, good enough for thee, but not for me, crap from the right.
Correct. These are same posters who will go Ballistic when President Obama Declassifies the CIA Intelligence on the Russian Hacking.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:00 AM

3,328 posts, read 2,136,915 times
The devil's in the details for me. Exposing the corruption, deceit, criminality, etc., of government/ business officials or private persons, is one thing. Disseminating the sensitive personal information (SS#, banking info, etc.) of citizens, the identity of undercover operatives, or other details that may cause harm to citizens or give aid and comfort to enemies of the state, is wholly different and unacceptable.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:01 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
The devil's in the details for me. Exposing corruption, deceit, criminality, etc., of government or business officials, is one thing. Disseminating the sensitive personal information (SS#, banking info, etc.) of citizens, the identity of undercover operatives, or other details that may cause harm to citizens or give aid and comfort to enemies of the state, is wholly different and unacceptable.
Or selectively releasing internal emails from one party and not the other in a transparent attempt to smear one side and thus influence a national election. It's not transparency if it is one-sided. That's an agenda. And that, too, should be unacceptable.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:03 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Generally, I believe they are criminals, not patriots.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Or selectively releasing internal emails from one party and not the other in a transparent attempt to smear one side and thus influence a national election. It's not transparency if it is one-sided. That's an agenda. And that, too, should be unacceptable.
Yes. If they really did want to expose "the truth" they wouldn't be selectively releasing this stuff. They'd just release it all.

Since they do not, I can only assume there's something in it for them and it likely has a lot of zeroes attached to the end of it.

Patriots? Hardly.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:06 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
I wonder how some feel about the citizens in 1971 that broke into an FBI office in Pennsylvania and exposed COINTELRO.

"Forty three years ago, a group of brave activists clandestinely liberated documents from an FBI office that proved the existence of COINTELPRO, the government program to destroy the Freedom Movement. A new book recounts how most of the media refused to touch the story. Today, the chill is even deeper."

The Burglary And COINTELPRO: How Citizen Action Exposed FBIs Covert Illegal Program To Crush Dissent/5364987

Don't people see how important/necessary these actions are?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies