Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should President Trump divest his business holdings?
Yes 64 62.14%
No 27 26.21%
Don’t know/Don’t care/Other 12 11.65%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 03:36 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,750,608 times

Advertisements

He should because the Democrats are waiting on the side to pound at him every little chance they get. It's not worth the hassle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 03:57 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
He should because the Democrats are waiting on the side to pound at him every little chance they get. It's not worth the hassle.
Why do you think that only Democrats will go after him for a conflict of interest? I'm a democrat but I sincerely believe that there are plenty of Republicans who care enough about this country that they will not sit by quietly if Trump doesn't find a way to separate his business interests from his Presidency.

Old 12-15-2016, 04:04 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Why do you think that only Democrats will go after him for a conflict of interest? I'm a democrat but I sincerely believe that there are plenty of Republicans who care enough about this country that they will not sit by quietly if Trump doesn't find a way to separate his business interests from his Presidency.
Yeah... that's not happening. Toe the line.

Old 12-15-2016, 04:10 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Quote:
It would not be a blind trust if his kids ran it, a blind trust means that it is handled by an independent account administrator who does not advise him or ask him about business decisions. family member =/= blind trust
I found it funny that this man, a graduate of Wharton Business School, Dean of Trump U, multibillionaire business man didn't know what a BLIND TRUST was during his debate with Clinton.....just got to shake your head, and pray to God that the country survives until he's impeached.

Old 12-15-2016, 04:29 PM

638 posts, read 310,144 times
Not unless we plan on outlawing stock ownership for members of congress, with MEANINGFUL legislation. Because if they can still trade on inside information, all be it illegal now (with next to no oversight), then Trump should be able to retain a company he worked to start and run successfully for several years.

Old 12-15-2016, 05:34 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:
You are dishonest. There is nothing Trump can do short of liquidating his businesses and firing all his employees that would satisfy you.
Trump is perfectly capable of being President while having his family and company executives handle his business affairs.
Your real intent is to advocate causing as much trouble as possible, to get even with the man that beat your candidate.
Whine away.

Old 12-15-2016, 06:55 PM

504 posts, read 299,958 times
I suspect 4 years from now many that voted for Trump will say, "How the heck could I ever think that was a wise move".

And I am a conservative.

Old 12-15-2016, 07:16 PM

638 posts, read 310,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillionmt View Post
I suspect 4 years from now many that voted for Trump will say, "How the heck could I ever think that was a wise move".

And I am a conservative.
No, you're probably not. You're a Cruz supporter. There's a difference.

Old 12-15-2016, 07:20 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
Federal law does not require Trump to divest his holdings or to sever his ties to his businesses, and the president is not subject to conflict-of-interest rules that govern his Cabinet and other members of the executive branch.

Should President Trump divest his business holdings? Why or why not?

So what happens when he makes a Great deal for Trump but sells out American jobs?Like a clothing line made in Taiwan China?Just saying.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:12 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
You are dishonest. There is nothing Trump can do short of liquidating his businesses and firing all his employees that would satisfy you.
Trump is perfectly capable of being President while having his family and company executives handle his business affairs. Your real intent is to advocate causing as much trouble as possible, to get even with the man that beat your candidate. Whine away.
I am dishonest..I am causing trouble? Let me remind you of what I said in my post:

Quote:
Why do you think that only Democrats will go after him for a conflict of interest? I'm a democrat but I sincerely believe that there are plenty of Republicans who care enough about this country that they will not sit by quietly if Trump doesn't find a way to separate his business interests from his Presidency
He can't have his family manage his business while they are helping him pick out cabinet members, or when they are sitting in on phone calls to leaders of other nations. The reality is that his kids cannot run his business PERIOD, my guess is that if he tries to do so he will be impeached.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies