Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2016, 08:57 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,191,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Ivanka using First Lady's office
Trump also uses a knife and fork when eating. Do you want to start a thread about that, too?

Old 12-15-2016, 09:21 PM

32,108 posts, read 15,101,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Why does anyone care about the FLOTUS' office? It's about as important as giving Gisele Bundchen a locker in Gillette Stadium.
Are you kidding. The first lady has always had a vital role in our country. The first lady is just as important as the president for different reasons. They have brought awareness to their passionate causes. Just google the history and importance of first ladies.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:29 PM

37,152 posts, read 42,260,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Are you kidding. The first lady has always had a vital role in our country. The first lady is just as important as the president for different reasons. They have brought awareness to their passionate causes. Just google the history and importance of first ladies.
Anyone can do that, it doesn't have to be the spouse of the POTUS. Someday there may be a single person in office and, oh no, then what? And it could be a man as the recent election highlighted. It's TRADITION, not a RULE. Remember, there are cookie bake offs involved too...lol.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:42 PM

32,108 posts, read 15,101,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Anyone can do that, it doesn't have to be the spouse of the POTUS. Someday there may be a single person in office and, oh no, then what? And it could be a man as the recent election highlighted. It's TRADITION, not a RULE. Remember, there are cookie bake offs involved too...lol.
Well sorry, I am all for tradition in the white house because I think that's what makes our country great....our president and first lady side by side. That's a united family and very powerful.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:01 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,575,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
IF his daughter works with him on some initiatives - she would do that as a First Family Member and NOT as a "paid employee" of the Federal Taxpayers.
This ^^^^^. Wall Street Journal Reporter Monica Langley was on Anderson Cooper 360 tonight. I'll post the link, but unfortunately the linked clip (and also the story) misses Monica's words about the above...namely that Ivanka wants an office in the West Wing, but not as a paid employee, and wants the role to be informal. Her 'off clip' remarks also included that Melania will be taking on the traditional role/'duties of First Lady, and that Ivanka and Melania have already discussed this. Part of the linked clip and or story.....Eric and Don Jr. will be staying in NYC with the business, and won't be part of any government meetings after Jan 20th........Trump not going to divest himself re current properties.....Ivanka found the East Wing office rumors insulting....Ivanka and Jared want to separate themselves from all of there personal businesses and move full time to D.C. ....etc.

I'm actually watching the CNN piece an the AC 360 repeat on televison, so don't hold me to which parts are on the clip I watched sometime between the two AC 360 viewings . The CNN transcript will eventually reveal all.

Here's the link to the clip and story:

Langley: Trump not planning to divest himself from his businesses - CNNPolitics.com

One thing that has sort of cracked me up this year, but that I have also found sad because of what it says about our political environment is.....Before the election, progressives were running down Trump (irrespective of morality) in a financial sense ('bankruptcies'....'he isn't a billionaire'....'he doesn't own anything'.....'all he did was inherit', etc.)....IMO, to downplay any success he's had to deter people from voting for him (I didn't vote for either of them, so I felt more like a bemused bystander), and then after the election....'he owns interests in 500 businesses' 'he has interests all over the world' 'this is untenable'. PERHAPS what money.CNN reported today (based on a study done by a company known as PrivCo) will quiet the notion a bit that he's 'teetering':

Trump Organization is now America's 48th largest private company - Dec. 15, 2016

P.S. - One thing I forgot in the above post. In the interim between the two AC360 viewings...on the moving ticker at the bottom of the CNN screen..the following: The Trump Organization has just canceled two recently signed licensing agreements -- one in Rio de Janeiro, and another in Azerbaijan.

Last edited by RMESMH; 12-15-2016 at 11:18 PM.. Reason: Added P.S.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:24 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,489,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
More leftist heads exploding....I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yet when Hillary said she would have Bill in charge of the economy they said nothing .

Hillary Clinton says she'll put Bill 'in charge' of fixing economy - May. 16, 2016

Old 12-16-2016, 01:51 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,812,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yet when Hillary said she would have Bill in charge of the economy they said nothing .

Hillary Clinton says she'll put Bill 'in charge' of fixing economy - May. 16, 2016
Every Democrat I spoke to was unhappy about Bill's being involved at all in the campaign or potentially in the administration. He was a liability in my opinion.

But Trump won, Hillary lost. Why must every thread about Trump go back to Hillary?

Old 12-16-2016, 02:23 AM

31,941 posts, read 27,057,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Who here called it first?

Believe that would be me and a few others!

I told you all that the Eastern European sex pot wife was *NOT* going to be FLOTUS, and that Princess Orangeness would be likely assuming much if not all that role. Though one hopes that does not include the wifely duties that also come with the job.

Said also that it is likely MT was sat down and spoken to early on after His Orangeness won; this is going to be a "Trump" show, pure inside baseball; so she and the kid can just say in New York where they won't be in the way.

Old 12-16-2016, 02:26 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,812,426 times
Quote:
Said also that it is likely MT was sat down and spoken to early on after His Orangeness won; this is going to be a "Trump" show, pure inside baseball; so she and the kid can just say in New York where they won't be in the way.
MT is out of Donald's way, but unfortunately not out of New York's way. And New Yorkers must now pay for the privilege of that.

Old 12-16-2016, 03:45 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,599,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
Trump is President. Trump and the republicans have absolute authority over our government and will wield power accordingly. No republican politician will dare stand up to Trump. Trump will take what he wants for his own benefit as he always has.

He will dictate who will serve as First Lady....or even if there will be a First Lady-type office. I suspect the office will be phased out in quick order after the inauguration.

It's a new world. Stop trying to make the old rules fit Trump world.

Well we will see , and only time will tell....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies