Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 06:07 AM

46,278 posts, read 27,088,282 times

Advertisements

Hey lefties, he's got a pen and a phone, he can do what he wants.....

Old 12-16-2016, 06:53 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yet when Hillary said she would have Bill in charge of the economy they said nothing .

Hillary Clinton says she'll put Bill 'in charge' of fixing economy - May. 16, 2016
umm, Hillary lost. The country said HELL NO!

Old 12-16-2016, 06:58 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Funny that liberals identify as the progressives in our society but then are so upset that tradition is not followed in the White House. You wanted the 1st woman President - had Bill been sickly and Chelsea decided to step in to help her mom with the White House duties - it would be praised by the left and the Republicans would be told to be quiet and to move on.

He's here for 4 yrs folks - and for those with 401Ks or investments - hate all you want but he's already made you money - think how else you may benefit - but you wanted 4 more years of Hope & Change - gov't handouts and bubbles created by inflating the National debt.
If???? lmao

Old 12-16-2016, 07:15 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yet when Hillary said she would have Bill in charge of the economy they said nothing .

Hillary Clinton says she'll put Bill 'in charge' of fixing economy - May. 16, 2016
Yeah. Here's the thing: IF HRC had put her husband "in charge" of fixing the economy, it's because he's a FORMER US PRESIDENT. He's a highly educated, highly experienced public servant and political leader.

How anyone fails to see the difference between Bill Clinton potentially overseeing top national issues as the First Gentleman, and Ivanka Trump doing the same as First Lady, is beyond me. You're comparing apples with papayas. Michelle Obama is a highly educated, intelligent woman who's been a wonderful First Lady, IMO. But she hasn't managed any national issues. I have no doubt that Ivanka Trump is a perfectly intelligent, capable woman when it comes to co-managing her family's business. But she's certainly not qualified or experienced enough for management of national economic and political affairs. I cannot believe it's even necessary to express this.

BTW, I'm a woman who calls herself a feminist, and I would LOVE to see a QUALIFIED female POTUS. I would LOVE to see a dynamic, highly qualified female POTUS and female Vice-President TEAM in the White House. That would be awesome.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 12-16-2016 at 07:24 AM..

Old 12-16-2016, 07:20 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Hey lefties, he's got a pen and a phone, he can do what he wants.....
Thanks, Chuck! Now, anytime you have anything even remotely substantial you might post one day, I, for one, would love to read it. Because, besides calling anyone who doesn't like Trump "libbies" and "lefties" (), you've said absolutely nothing.

Try to get outside of your little bubble.

Old 12-16-2016, 08:06 AM

46,278 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Thanks, Chuck! Now, anytime you have anything even remotely substantial you might post one day, I, for one, would love to read it. Because, besides calling anyone who doesn't like Trump "libbies" and "lefties" (), you've said absolutely nothing.

Try to get outside of your little bubble.
Why? When you post something or your liberal friends post something other than crying, I can and I will....until then.....

Old 12-16-2016, 08:27 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,967,545 times
google headline:

Ivanka Trump could be the most powerful first lady ever

New York Times 12/16/16

(the line may not help if you don't subscribe)

Old 12-16-2016, 09:09 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Hillary disclosed the Clinton Foundation and the intent to continue to fundraise while SoS, during confirmation hearings, before being confirmed. All but one Senator confirmed her appointment.

The Form 990 and tax returns of the Clinton Foundation are public information. The Clintons have disclosed 30+ years of personal tax returns. The Clinton Foundation was not an issue until she announced her intent to run.

Most people do not understand charitable giving structures.

Most foundations are indirect charitable contributers, meaning they grant funds to other charitable orgs. An indirect foundation is unlikely to have a payroll. The Clinton Foundation is a direct charitable org whereby funds are used to directly benefit a charitable cause. As such, it had a payroll. Bill, Hillary and Chelsea were not employees of their foundation.

The Clintons personal wealth was earned primarily by Bill's speaker fees and investment income. He like most ex officials are paid very well on the speaker's circuit.

She/ they were idiots for continuing to solicit donations while she was SoS and in doing so created a perception of Pay for Play. Again, it was not an issue until she ran for POTUS. It is nearly impossible to prove or disprove Pay for Play.

The Trump adult children and spouse of one of those children sitting in on meetings and vetting cabinet members is inappropriate, especially given the adult children will be taking over Trump Org, more than 500 businesses in about 2 dozen countries.

There has been no shortage of fake news about Valerie Jarret, a family friend and advisor to Obama. That she was born to US citizens in Iran ( pre revolution) and lived there briefly as a young child in Iran while her father operated a children's hospital was more than enough for fake news to label her a no good Muslim.

All three adult children and spouse of one child sitting in on a meeting with the Titans of technology makes zero sense.
Why would any "good muslim" want to give Iran nuclear options or make deals that include chemical warfare?

Old 12-16-2016, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Yeah. Here's the thing: IF HRC had put her husband "in charge" of fixing the economy, it's because he's a FORMER US PRESIDENT. He's a highly educated, highly experienced public servant and political leader.

How anyone fails to see the difference between Bill Clinton potentially overseeing top national issues as the First Gentleman, and Ivanka Trump doing the same as First Lady, is beyond me. You're comparing apples with papayas. Michelle Obama is a highly educated, intelligent woman who's been a wonderful First Lady, IMO. But she hasn't managed any national issues. I have no doubt that Ivanka Trump is a perfectly intelligent, capable woman when it comes to co-managing her family's business. But she's certainly not qualified or experienced enough for management of national economic and political affairs. I cannot believe it's even necessary to express this.

BTW, I'm a woman who calls herself a feminist, and I would LOVE to see a QUALIFIED female POTUS. I would LOVE to see a dynamic, highly qualified female POTUS and female Vice-President TEAM in the White House. That would be awesome.
Just how would these women deal with Putin, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Iran or any other country who think women should hardly be seen. President Obama comes close to being the First Women President, look what we have got.

Last edited by wildflower82; 12-16-2016 at 10:23 AM..

Old 12-16-2016, 10:32 AM

This proves my point.......thanks for the link! If this is a woman leader giving tough talk, we certainly don't need one.

what did Obama do in response to the latest reports? He deployed UN Ambassador Samantha Power, who once wrote a massive tome on Western indifference in the face of genocide, to attempt to shame Russia, Syria, and Iran. She complained, to the cheers of the press:
To the Assad regime, Russia, and Iran -- three Member States behind the conquest of and carnage in Aleppo -- you bear responsibility for these atrocities….When one day there is a full accounting of the horrors committed in this assault of Aleppo -- and that day will come, sooner or later -- you will not be able to say you did not know what was happening. You will not be able to say you were not involved. We all know what is happening. And we all know you are involved. Aleppo will join the ranks of those events in world history that define modern evil, that stain our conscience decades later….Three Member States of the UN contributing to a noose around civilians. Are you truly incapable of shame? Is there literally nothing that can shame you? Is there no act of barbarism against civilians, no execution of a child that gets under your skin?
We keep saying “Never again.” And then Cambodia happens, and Rwanda happens, and the Balkans happen, and North Korea continues to be a giant maniacal homicidal prison camp. And then the Taliban rises, al-Qaeda rises, and ISIS rises. And then Syria. The world can have messy American military interventions, or the world can have massacres. Those are the options. Pick one.
Obama did pick one. Actually, he sided with the executioners. Powers neglected to mention one rather key fact in her rant: we support all three of the countries she labeled the monsters in this scenario. We did nothing to depose Assad when we had the chance. We have kowtowed to Putin. We have cut a nuclear deal with Iranian genocidal maniacs.

That’s on Obama, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies