Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 10:38 AM

5,249 posts, read 6,173,350 times

Advertisements

In terms of voting with strictly religious intent, he promised to appoint anti-abortion Supreme Court justices and has not been in support of gay marriage. So many of them held their noses and voted for him. Others thoroughly enjoyed it.

In terms of the total issues- a lot of Christians are also pro-military and a large block want a return to a stronger job base for blue collar workers. So those Christians voted for him on those grounds.

The final group that I think Trump pulled in is Christians who did not believe Hillary had any core values. I have a coworker who really lamented his choices and in the end voted Trump but had another pro Trump coworker blow up on him when he said he would have voted for Bernie over Trump. Not on trade either- he simply appreciates sincerity and integrity.

Over the last 25 years the pro-life/anti-abortion voting block has become the most reliable in politics and they vote R.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 10:40 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,753,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS
Im not fond of the guy, but he is far less evil than Hillary, so he got my vote.
I hope your not sorry when he starts doing stuff!!

Old 12-15-2016, 10:41 AM

35,487 posts, read 20,853,033 times
Good people - will not say Christians -because that is NOT my call - want a better life and the 99% have been kicked to the curb- I do not know what they think Mr. T, is the answer, as he comes from the 1%?? they believe he will open up that 1% to share with AMERICA??

Old 12-15-2016, 10:44 AM

41,821 posts, read 74,878,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Yes, he's greedy, but so is Hillary. But the guy isn't a murderer, hasn't lied various times under oath, isn't married to a rapist, hasn't received campaign money from terrorist/women-hating Middle Eastern countries, doesn't start foundations just to funnel money from them to pay for his children's weddings, and doesn't support abortion. That's why I voted for him.
BIG CATS here has provided you with your answer, OP: Christian Republicans voted for Trump because they believe everything Breitbart tells them.

Last edited by Ohiogirl81; 12-15-2016 at 10:55 AM..

Old 12-15-2016, 10:56 AM

26,939 posts, read 15,154,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Let's be honest he goes against everything that the bible says is bad. Greed, Gluttony, etc.

I ask because one of my best friends is a Christian & they voted for them as did many others.

Anyone care to share some light on this?

No problem at all on the Dem side of things with any of these things and much more?

The buffer question would be why a Christian would ever consider voting for a Dem.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:01 AM

68,298 posts, read 54,168,778 times
Quote:
Im not fond of the guy, but he is far less evil than Hillary, so he got my vote.

Yes, he's greedy, but so is Hillary. But the guy isn't a murderer,
Neither is Hillary

Quote:
hasn't lied various times under oath,
But he is most certainly a consummate liar

Quote:
isn't married to a rapist,
But has been accused of being one himself by his first wife.

Quote:
hasn't received campaign money from terrorist/women-hating Middle Eastern countries,
Nah, he just does a large amount of business in those very same "terrorist/women-hating Middle Eastern countries"

Quote:
doesn't start foundations just to funnel money from them to pay for his children's weddings, and doesn't support abortion. That's why I voted for him.
His own foundation has questionable issues of its own.

Funny you can't defend the guy without mentioning Hillary, sounds like classic 'damning with faint praise' to me.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:04 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,506,627 times
Quote:
Let's be honest he goes against everything that the bible says is bad. Greed, Gluttony, etc.

I ask because one of my best friends is a Christian & they voted for them as did many others.

Christians aren't looking for a Christian state; therefore, most aren't looking to elect their church leader as POTUS.

Additionally, most right wing Christians want a Constitutional government with the limited powers it is meant to have meaning it doesn't interfere with the ability of citizens to freely practice their Christian faith.

You might as well be asking "Why are Christians buying apples from an atheist farmer?" Its quite simpl, buying apples has nothing to do with my faith.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:05 AM

35,487 posts, read 20,853,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
No problem at all on the Dem side of things with any of these things and much more?

The buffer question would be why a Christian would ever consider voting for a Dem.

Why are there always deflective answers? The topic is repubs. and Christians
real answers
1- military -- they did not think Hilly is right as commander in chief
2- female - many Christians do NOT believe a woman should be over a man -period
3- they believed the accusations were as bad as portrayed
4- they justified Trumps bad behavior--
5-they felt they had a voice in trump- and that somehow he will rescue this forgotten tribe in the wilderness

Old 12-15-2016, 11:12 AM

39,026 posts, read 27,423,093 times
Can't speak for all Christians.

I assume the same reasons why many vote for Trump

job, economy, anti-globalism, etc.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:15 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,441,037 times
Quote:

Beats me. Out of all the Christian candidates the GOP had, they elected the least Christian. A profane, sexually immoral, dishonest, greedy, vulgar, arrogant, contentious, angry etc person should be the last person Christians would support, but in the end it was only him and Hillary, and they went with the abortion / planned parenthood argument.

So, now we have Trump who can't do anything about abortion, and who appointed a big planned parenthood supporter to his inner circle (Rex).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies