Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 02:57 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,965,668 times

Advertisements

I bet, if Tillerson is confirmed, you will not see non-military American citizens dying in foreign countries while American military close by is ordered to stand down and to change clothes four times so as not to offend.

Benghazi Probe Finds Marines' Response Was Slowed by Uniform Changes | Military.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 02:59 PM

39,857 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Sort of wrong. While she cared for the family a lot, she was also still working as a lawyer, and VERY politically active.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillar...Arkansas_years

edit to add-just read the wikipedia. Seriously she has a ton of experience, and has done a ton of work. She was very well qualified. Tillerson is as well despite his qualifications being different.
Quote:
Clinton continued to practice law with the Rose Law Firm while she was First Lady of Arkansas. She earned less than the other partners, as she billed fewer hours,[116] but still made more than $200,000 in her final year there.[117] The firm considered her a "rainmaker" because she brought in clients, partly thanks to the prestige she lent it and to her corporate board connections.[117] She was also very influential in the appointment of state judges.[117] Bill Clinton's Republican opponent in his 1986 gubernatorial re-election campaign accused the Clintons of conflict of interest, because Rose Law did state business; the Clintons countered the charge by saying that state fees were walled off by the firm before her profits were calculated.[118]
From 1982 to 1988, Clinton was on the board of directors, sometimes as chair, of the New World Foundation,[119] which funded a variety of New Left interest groups.[120]
Which of those areas qualified her as SS? OK, she worked part time as a lawyer in Arkansas, and dabbled in a leftist foundation, handing out donor's money. Did she actually RUN a business? Were any of these acts related to international diplomacy? Was she in the executive position in any of these positions? As first lady, to me it seems like she was a housewife that dabbled in a couple things in her spare time.

Old 12-15-2016, 03:00 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
I bet, if Tillerson is confirmed, you will not see non-military American citizens dying in foreign countries while American military close by is ordered to stand down and to change clothes four times so as not to offend.

Benghazi Probe Finds Marines' Response Was Slowed by Uniform Changes | Military.com
Yes because those marines who were 2,000 miles away would have changed the outcome at all.

Go read the article you linked. What nonsense.

Old 12-15-2016, 03:02 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Which of those areas qualified her as SS? OK, she worked part time as a lawyer in Arkansas, and dabbled in a leftist foundation, handing out donor's money. Did she actually RUN a business? Were any of these acts related to international diplomacy? Was she in the executive position in any of these positions? As first lady, to me it seems like she was a housewife that dabbled in a couple things in her spare time.
Please. First lady is heavily involved in meeting these people. Senator for 2 terms? etc etc etc. Go read the wikipedia entry. She has done a lot.

She was qualified. Shrug. I mean I GET that you dislike her-I am not a fan either. But this line of attack is kind of baseless.

Old 12-15-2016, 03:29 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Why are you knocking housewives?

They run a small business. At least the ones I know. They manage property and assets. They budget and do projections.

Hell, living in a middle class neighborhood anywhere USA would put most running at the very least a 300K company.

Old 12-15-2016, 03:33 PM

712 posts, read 841,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post

x2 Tillerson stands up to even small-time scumbags right in our own back yard(s):
What jury duty with Secretary of State nominee Rex Tillerson was like – World Tribune: Window on the Real World

Can't wait to see what he does on the world stage ! ! ! Time to see someone with a REAL backbone in the position!

Old 12-15-2016, 03:58 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Yeah, but he was from Ford. You know, Fix Or Replace Daily. Should have been able to see that one being a mess.
Says the guy who would've probably supported the Vietnam War!

Old 12-15-2016, 07:55 PM

39,857 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Please. First lady is heavily involved in meeting these people. Senator for 2 terms? etc etc etc. Go read the wikipedia entry. She has done a lot.

She was qualified. Shrug. I mean I GET that you dislike her-I am not a fan either. But this line of attack is kind of baseless.
So...."meeting people" makes her qualified to run the State Department? Goes a ways to explain the disaster of our foreign policy in the last 8 years. Benghazi. "Red line". Rise of Isis. Muslim Brotherhood. Rise if Iranian terrorism and hegemony. Lack of respect in the international community. Divisiveness with Russia (a freekin' superpower!).

Old 02-01-2017, 02:58 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
He gonna get some experience now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies