Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 04:59 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,503,410 times

Advertisements

A spin-off from the other thread. Just want to see where your heads are at.

Old 12-16-2016, 07:29 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,504,016 times
FOX News

Old 12-16-2016, 07:52 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,922,766 times
Wall Street Journal (slightly conservative bias)
The Economist (slight liberal bias)
My local TV news

Most newspapers publish stories attributed to Associated Press or Reuters. These news services are essentially "just the facts", but keep in mind that the newspaper editor decides which stories he will run and which he won't.

To those who say Fox News, what program are you watching? I'm not aware of any true news program on Fox.

Old 12-16-2016, 09:06 AM

601 posts, read 592,345 times
Breitbart, Infowars, Random youtube videos, and my crazy, demented, elderly neighbor. All extremely credible and unbiased.

Old 12-16-2016, 09:10 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,898,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Wall Street Journal (slightly conservative bias)
The Economist (slight liberal bias)
My local TV news

Most newspapers publish stories attributed to Associated Press or Reuters. These news services are essentially "just the facts", but keep in mind that the newspaper editor decides which stories he will run and which he won't.

To those who say Fox News, what program are you watching? I'm not aware of any true news program on Fox.
For 40 years there has been a civil war at the WSJ: news operations have been liberal; editorial side conservative.
But in 2016 even the editorial side went never Trump.

Old 12-16-2016, 09:10 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,579,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchmen View Post
Breitbart, Infowars, Random youtube videos, and my crazy, demented, elderly neighbor. All extremely credible and unbiased.
You forgot The Blaze lol

Old 12-16-2016, 09:13 AM

601 posts, read 592,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
You forgot The Blaze lol
Oh, and Ann Coulter's Twitter Feed. The Donald's as well. They only report verified truths!

Old 12-16-2016, 09:14 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,951,773 times
Reuters, AP, BBC, NPR, Al Jazeera and the NEWS sections of the NYT. I think the Washington Post has a liberal slant, but still provides credible news coverage. The same can be said for Slate, Salon and The Atlantic. On the conservative side, The Hill, WSJ, and The Economist are all credible. Most local news papers are credible.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:16 AM

30,239 posts, read 23,709,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Reuters, AP, BBC, NPR, Al Jazeera and the NEWS sections of the NYT. I think the Washington Post has a liberal slant, but still provides credible news coverage. The same can be said for Slate, Salon and The Atlantic. On the conservative side, The Hill, WSJ, and The Economist are all credible. Most local news papers are credible.
Reuters has not been credible for years. Did you all forget the fake photos they were caught cropping and inserting in to news stories, or photoshopping? It was very big news back in the day. What's funny is that they were caught out by...bloggers. 'Little Green Footballs' was a blog run by Charles Johnson. These are the same people that caught Dan Rather's bs report on Bush. The so called "old typed letter" turned out not to be old as one of the readers of 'Little Green Footballs' at the time just so happened to be an expert in the history of fonts on typewriters. Dan Rather lost his job because of a reader on 'Little Green Footballs' BLOG. And Reuters got their backsides handed to them by the same dang blog.

Of course, you didn't hear the truth from CNN or MSNBC - but we all know that Rather got fired, we all know that Reuters admitted to the fake photos.

Of course you won't like these links, but it doesn't erase the above 2 facts:

Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive | Fox News

Ynetnews News - Reuters admits altering Beirut photo

Reuters Caught Cropping Weapons from Flotilla Photos - Fox Nation

Reuters is not credible.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:22 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,951,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Reuters has not been credible for years. Did you all forget the fake photos they were caught cropping and inserting in to news stories, or photoshopping? It was very big news back in the day. What's funny is that they were caught out by...bloggers. 'Little Green Footballs' was a blog run by Charles Johnson. These are the same people that caught Dan Rather's bs report on Bush. The so called "old typed letter" turned out not to be old as one of the readers of 'Little Green Footballs' at the time just so happened to be an expert in the history of fonts on typewriters. Dan Rather lost his job because of a reader on 'Little Green Footballs' BLOG. And Reuters got their backsides handed to them by the same dang blog.

Of course, you didn't hear the truth from CNN or MSNBC - but we all know that Rather got fired, we all know that Reuters admitted to the fake photos.

Of course you won't like these links, but it doesn't erase the above 2 facts:

Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive | Fox News

Ynetnews News - Reuters admits altering Beirut photo

Reuters Caught Cropping Weapons from Flotilla Photos - Fox Nation

Reuters is not credible.
You mean they issued corrections and admitted that photographers cropped photos? That's what credible news sources do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.