Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 11:50 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,505,825 times

Advertisements

It's pretty shameful that they sabotaged their own party. Bernie Sanders would have beat out Hillary, and I'll admit, he would have likely won over Trump.

For some reason though, the dems anger seems to be focused on Trump. He's not the one that caused you to lose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2016, 11:54 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
The ones I know are a bit salty at the DNC, those who liked Bernie are really salty about it.

They are also smart enough to know they can be concerned by more then one thing at a time.

Old 12-26-2016, 11:54 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
It's pretty shameful that they sabotaged their own party. Bernie Sanders would have beat out Hillary, and I'll admit, he would have likely won over Trump.

For some reason though, the dems anger seems to be focused on Trump. He's not the one that caused you to lose.
Explain how the DNC sabotaged itself ????

Old 12-27-2016, 12:06 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,122,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Um, its head had to resign on the eve of the convention over leaked evidence that the election was rigged in Hillary's favor by DNC Staffers.

You do know this, right?

You were paying attention?

Old 12-27-2016, 12:26 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,952,664 times
Quote:
Seriously?

Old 12-27-2016, 12:33 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,125,198 times
Quote:

About five or six in ten dems that I know are pissed at the DNC and will not send that organization money anymore.

Trump is just scary for lots of reasons, but it's not sour grapes over the election for many of us.

Old 12-27-2016, 12:59 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Um, its head had to resign on the eve of the convention over leaked evidence that the election was rigged in Hillary's favor by DNC Staffers.

You do know this, right?

You were paying attention?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Seriously?
Can you specifically name this evidence.

Lets be clear, I know what you speak of and it isnt evidence. What is stated in the emails was that those staffers wanted to support Clinton and put forth a strategy that Bernie supporters didnt like. that is it.

mind you. DNC MEMBERS AND STAFFER ARE FREE TO SUPPORT WHO EVER THEY WANT

I know you are not involved in politics otherwise you would know that, but let me break it down for you.

the DNC itself as a Body can not endorse, the Democratic State committees can not endorse, The County Committees can not endorse. Members on those committees can do what ever they want.

You are basically arguing that someone broke a rule that doesnt exist.

DNC members endorse each other all the time,You just didnt know it.

This is genuinely my biggest problem with Bernie supporters and people who do not follow politics(or do not know the rules in general), you think that anything you dont like is wrong regardless of the reality of the situation.

Old 12-27-2016, 01:42 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,122,865 times
Quote:
Can you specifically name this evidence.

Lets be clear, I know what you speak of and it isnt evidence. What is stated in the emails was that those staffers wanted to support Clinton and put forth a strategy that Bernie supporters didnt like. that is it.

mind you. DNC MEMBERS AND STAFFER ARE FREE TO SUPPORT WHO EVER THEY WANT

I know you are not involved in politics otherwise you would know that, but let me break it down for you.

the DNC itself as a Body can not endorse, the Democratic State committees can not endorse, The County Committees can not endorse. Members on those committees can do what ever they want.

You are basically arguing that someone broke a rule that doesnt exist.

DNC members endorse each other all the time,You just didnt know it.

This is genuinely my biggest problem with Bernie supporters and people who do not follow politics(or do not know the rules in general), you think that anything you dont like is wrong regardless of the reality of the situation.
It is time to stop this nonsense. A DNC chair lost her job. Your words are merely a wall of self delusion.

This absurd denial of reality is also the reason the Democrat party is racing towards extinction. Since I don't follow politcs according to you, you can stick your head back in the sand and ignore it when I inform you of the state of things:

President- Republican
Supreme Court- Will be conservative for my lifetime
Senate- Republican- Due to a favorable election cycle, they will add next time and possibly get to 60
House of Representatives- Republican for all but two of the last 22 years
Governorships- 33 of 50 Republican
State Legislatures- 66 of 99 Republican
Monopoly on state Governments- 24 Republican to 5 Democrat

Old 12-27-2016, 02:21 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Not even a little bit. This country needs an enema from time to time. No better time for one than now.

This was a good loss for the Democrats, and it was overdue. What good is it to be bitter at the DNC? Won't change anything. Trump is the prez-elect, and i'm not into what-ifs. I'm into what we have to deal with now.

The Republicans have the drivers seat. Let's see what they can do with it. I'm putting my money on the outcome, and i have no plans to lose that bet. In fact, i know i won't.

Old 12-27-2016, 02:24 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,631,916 times
Quote:

I'm no Dem, but as a liberal, yeah - I have a great deal of resentment and anger toward the Democratic Party. They are the ones who F'ed this up, start to finish, because this was an incredibly winnable election and they just completely aborted it. Trump is a problem, obviously, but on a fundamental level he is not the problem - rather, he is a symptom.

As I said, i am no longer a Democrat, but I do recognize that if there is a path out of this wilderness, they are the ones who are going to need to step up and lead America down that road. And from what they have shown me this year, I have very little confidence that they even know how to do that, much less recognize how badly they failed to do it this year. The Democratic Party seems to have absolutely no understanding of what it is that Democrats need and want from them. That's deeply troubling, and does not bode well for the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies