Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 10:25 AM

35,565 posts, read 20,909,470 times

Advertisements

I have 2 bottle of wine-- I'll be OK- for today- once the mess really starts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 11:42 AM

42,783 posts, read 26,093,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Buy stock in Pfizer and other pharma companies that make anti-depressants and sleep aides. I've got a feeling it's going to be a banner profit year for those companies starting on Jan 20th...
It will indeed be a lovely four years for pharma since Trump's appointees are opposed to negotiating prices medicare prescription drugs, now the taxpayer can pay whatever ransom pharma demands! yay for the wonderful 'free market'

Old 12-19-2016, 12:39 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,474,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAcapulco View Post
Will you congratulate the man, maybe even apologize?

Or, will you somehow try to say the election "wasn't real" and continue your ****?
I'll do the same thing I would if Hillary was elected: Wake up and go to work. Whoever is elected won't make a bit of difference to me.

Old 12-19-2016, 01:28 PM

28,355 posts, read 16,320,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I'll do the same thing I would if Hillary was elected: Wake up and go to work. Whoever is elected won't make a bit of difference to me.

Reps.

Same here. I have zero emotional investment in the Presidential (or any other) election. So, whatever happens, happens. It will almost certainly have nearly zero impact on my daily life.

Old 12-19-2016, 05:00 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,944,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It will indeed be a lovely four years for pharma since Trump's appointees are opposed to negotiating prices medicare prescription drugs, now the taxpayer can pay whatever ransom pharma demands! yay for the wonderful 'free market'
I'm sorry but it's been that way for years and gotten very bad since Obamacare.

I do believe Trump has already talked about negotiating with Pharma to get prices down or did you hear/see FACTS showing different?

Old 12-19-2016, 05:02 PM

Exclamation It's A Done Deal, TRUMP Will Be POTUS.

Well, despite all the histrionics Trump's election has been ratified by the E.C..

Old 12-19-2016, 05:06 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,684,540 times
Well as a liberal, who did not vote for the current POTUS elect, after the EC approved him I had a yummy lunch, fed my sharks, graded papers, gave a statement for a fender bender I saw, and played with my dogs.

OP what did you do when the election was rubber stamped?

I would also like to point out that I, like many liberals, am not a fan of the idea of an EC revolt. In the long term, thinking well past the next four years, the system "working" will have a more profound effect on our country than the next 4 years.

Old 12-19-2016, 05:09 PM

42,783 posts, read 26,093,782 times
Quote:
PRESIDENT mind boggling to you missy... Darn it anyways if Obama wasn't right about one thing, elections have consequences
give it some time jim, eventually he will break enough promises that even you, the #1 C-D Trump fanboy will start to have second thoughts

Old 12-20-2016, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
give it some time jim, eventually he will break enough promises that even you, the #1 C-D Trump fanboy will start to have second thoughts
You really want to know what's funny? Really REALLY funny? I didn't vote for him OR the Hillster. I also won't get a case of the vapors because he won as it could've been worse,wayyy,wayyyyyyyy worse. I mean we didn't end up with Jill Stein right?

I figure if Obama couldn't do all the damage (fundamental change) he wanted to do EVEN WITH his mighty phone with unlimited minutes and his magic pen, going around congress at every opportunity then things should turn out ok for the most part this time.

In the end, all the protests,crying,screaming and yes, gutter snipe violence will NOT change who's going to be living in the White House for the next 4-8 years. It's a done deal so buckle up Nancy's it's going to be an interesting ride.

Besides, ya never know....... Trump "could" turn out okay as he settles in to the job.
I mean a LOT of people "thought" Obama was the savior of the nation in 2008 after all his flowery speeches and promises and look how THAT turned out...
So, have your adult beverage of choice, cheer up as Christmas will come as usual and the world will keep on turning, just on a slight right axis come January 20th.

Old 12-21-2016, 01:36 PM

41 posts, read 26,768 times
Quote:
Acknowledge or not guess what..... He's still going to be POTUS! So deal with it, just like the nation has had to since the disaster that is our current POTUS was coronated.
I don't care what he will be I still won't acknowledge him as President and no one can make me. He will always be Trump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies