Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 09:02 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What's your beef with the Palestinians? They do something to you? Why are you taking sides in an internecine conflict in a region thousands of miles from where you live and doesn't affect your life one way or another?

You ain't Jewish, Arab, Asian, or Middle Eastern. You've got no skin in the game. You've got battles RIGHT HERE that you should be taking up.
I've studied the situation, and I have no sympathy for them.

That is Israel's land, and if they want to stay there, they need to realize that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 09:07 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I've studied the situation, and I have no sympathy for them.

That is Israel's land, and if they want to stay there, they need to realize that.
Your sympathy and a nickel won't get a cup of coffee at a hole in the wall. Forget that...they don't want your sympathy.

They just want you to stop meddling in their affairs. That conflict is none of our business and we shouldn't be putting our finger on the scales of power over there.

Study all you want...there are two people claiming one strip of land. And really, it's NOTHING to us as Americans which group has it at any given moment.

LMAO @ "that is Israel's land." SMH...please.

Old 12-16-2016, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Your sympathy and a nickel won't get a cup of coffee at a hole in the wall. Forget that...they don't want your sympathy.

They just want you to stop meddling in their affairs. That conflict is none of our business and we shouldn't be putting our finger on the scales of power over there.

Study all you want...there are two people claiming one strip of land. And really, it's NOTHING to us as Americans which group has it at any given moment.

LMAO @ "that is Israel's land." SMH...please.
I'm all for staying out of it, and I even said we shouldn't give Israel a nickel.

However, it is Israel's land, and they can go tell the Palestinians to suck it. That's my advice to them.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm all for staying out of it, and I even said we shouldn't give Israel a nickel.

However, it is Israel's land, and they can go tell the Palestinians to suck it. That's my advice to them.
OK. It's Israel's land.

Now what? What do you want them to do with the omnipresent Palestinians that ain't going anywhere. Tell us.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:08 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The official position of the Israeli government is a 2 state solution, they cant annex the west bank
The unofficial position is to fragment the West Bank so badly that a two state solution is not practical. Every president since Nixon took issue with their actions, this will not bring peace to the ME.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:09 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Aren't you forgetting that the Democrats in the Senate have to sign-off on his appointment?

He shall have the Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two-thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.
True that I got ahead of myself but you wonder which of his handlers thought this was a good idea.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:26 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes that should bring peace to the middle east.
Anyone who thinks anything Israel does other than cease to exist will bring peace to the Middle East is disillusion.
The hatred goes back generations. The killing of civilians will continue regardless what happens with the West Bank.
Israel could meet every demand the Palestinians want and it will still be attacked with suicide bombers and missiles aimed at populated cities, not military targets.
This is what happens when you teach your children to hate Israel and kill Jews as soon as they can walk and talk. That's the barbaric nature of many of the Palestinians who by the way, were never part of a nation called Palestine. They were citizens of Syria, Lebanon, Egypt and Jordan. They never had their own state. Palestine was never a country, but a region on the map.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Anyone who thinks anything Israel does other than cease to exist will bring peace to the Middle East is disillusion.
The hatred goes back generations. The killing of civilians will continue regardless what happens with the West Bank.
Israel could meet every demand the Palestinians want and it will still be attacked with suicide bombers and missiles aimed at populated cities, not military targets.
This is what happens when you teach your children to hate Israel and kill Jews as soon as they can walk and talk. That's the barbaric nature of many of the Palestinians who by the way, were never part of a nation called Palestine. They were citizens of Syria, Lebanon, Egypt and Jordan. They never had their own state. Palestine was never a country, but a region on the map.
*This message was brought to you from our sponsors at AIPAC and the JDL....thank you for your support*

Old 12-17-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
OK. It's Israel's land.

Now what? What do you want them to do with the omnipresent Palestinians that ain't going anywhere. Tell us.
They can either go somewhere like Jordan or live as Citizens of Israel under those rules and laws.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:11 AM

1,008 posts, read 487,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Aren't you forgetting that the Democrats in the Senate have to sign-off on his appointment?

He shall have the Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two-thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.
Aren't you forgetting that thanks to Harry Reid the Democrats don't matter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies