Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 04:40 AM

26,964 posts, read 13,219,447 times

Advertisements

I was under the impression that Othello was black, and that Shakespeare wrote about numerous nationalities and races from the Moors of Spain to the streets of Italy through to the Kingdom of Denmark and beyond.

Othello - Wiki

Whilst Shakespeares plays often highlighted the injustices of the time, as indeed did later writers such as Dickens and Orwell.

As for students most of them are so self opinionated, juvenile and radicalised by the left that this is pecisely the kind of pathetic behaviour we have become accustomed to.

I wouldn't care but Audre Lorde who they replaced Shakespeare with is hardly an outstanding poet, she just rants and raves a load of the usual anti white, anti male rhetoric that you expect from a Black Lesbian Feminist Poet.

U of Penn English Dept Replaces Shakespeare w/Angry Illiterate Black Lesbian Racist

I did laugh at one comment "It's sort of like replacing a bust of Plato with a bust of Jerry Springer, in the Philosophy Department ..."

Although I doubt white Jerry Springer would ever be a replacement, they would be more likely to choose Oprah Winfrey or Michelle Obama.

Last edited by Brave New World; 12-18-2016 at 05:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 04:46 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,405,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
How about why the **** do you care?
Why the **** do you?

Old 12-18-2016, 04:47 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,291,592 times
Article states students removed the painting and delivered it to the department offices while headline states students tore down the painting. Interesting difference, no?

Old 12-18-2016, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Who dishonored him and how did they accomplish that?
Pretending that you haven't read this thread and participated in it will get you nowhere.

Old 12-18-2016, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yeah but the whites who don't want self destruction and culture replacement whether it's 40%, 60% or 5% should be given the opportunity to not be defenselessly led to slaughter so to speak with the rest of the sheep and sell outs.
Agreed.

Old 12-18-2016, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Can someone please tell me whether college millennials are aware that the public at large makes fun of them or are they pretty much in a campus bubble? I've always wondered about that.
I think they're aware of it and very uncomfortable as a result.

I think down deep they know that they're being stupid, but they also know that the elites in society want them to think and act this way.

And they've been schooled by mommy and daddy to succeed -- bow down to the elites -- no matter what.

Hell, mommy and daddy go to work and have to be PC and -- if white -- deferential to non-whites and liberals just to keep their jobs.

Just look at what happened to the head of Mozilla, or the recent incident with the head of Pepsi.

You better be hating on Trump if you want to succeed in society right now.

Otherwise, keep a low profile, be rich and don't give a ****, or be one of the forgotten majority that got Trump elected.

Old 12-18-2016, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Article states students removed the painting and delivered it to the department offices while headline states students tore down the painting. Interesting difference, no?
Not really.

The painting was moved for no good reason that I can see.

Old 12-18-2016, 05:09 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,291,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Not really.

The painting was moved for no good reason that I can see.
"Tore down" inspires a particular kind of imagery that is not supported by the facts presented in the article, so I think there's a difference.

Old 12-18-2016, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
"Tore down" inspires a particular kind of imagery, so I think there's a difference.
The painting is gone.

How it was removed doesn't make a big difference as far as I'm concerned.

The message to "whitey" was delivered either way.

Old 12-18-2016, 05:31 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,036,035 times
Nope. See post #74. I see it as an immature worldview. Hopefully the students will mature. Expect the profs are pretty well baked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
While moving the painting because of "diversity", is stupid. If the professors and students (who are majority white), want it then let them do it. You guys manage to twist this into college students who are mostly white being racist towards themselves. take in mind to enter UPenn you need a high GPA, and lots of extracurricular activites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies