Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 08:57 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,520,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, the next four years will be very difficult for these folks.

Kind of sad
It's all they have to do as they have no idea what REAL work is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2016, 08:59 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,110,176 times
Big whooping deal.

If it doesn't drive up the use of Play Doh or hot cocoa, I'm not interested.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:06 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Liberals. So "tolerant" ..___

“If you post anything even remotely critical of Clinton’s campaign, or of this new movement to dump the Electoral College, or point out even one single thing Trump’s done that you like, you get accused in the comment section of aiding and abetting the next Hitler, and before you know it, you’re down a Facebook friend or two,” Davis said.

This, when he openly supported Gary Johnson. “I post about politics all the time, but I’ve never experienced the rate of attrition I have as a result of Trump posts this year,” he added.

Bruce Carroll, a gay conservative activist, says he watched “a gay friend on Facebook systematically unfriend people who weren’t vocally anti-Trump.” It didn’t matter if you voted for the guy or not; now is the time to virtue signal from the rooftops, and if you’re not doing it, you’re out...

"I was vocally anti-Trump from the moment he descended the escalator, and I wrote against his candidacy frequently. But even for me, the current anti-Trump fever pitch is unsustainable, and it’s time to dial it back.

If you’ve reached the point where you’re cutting off friends who are merely taking a wait-and-see attitude about our next president, even when they didn’t themselves support him, or cutting off your hair to make a point, you’re taking your anguish over the election too far."
Now you can get unfriended for not hating Trump enough | New York Post
I don't do Facebook, but how can this be true if everyone is so happy that Trump was elected the way many of these threads claim?

I think we have four years of division and angry activism like we haven't seen since the 60s coming.

An inexperienced celebrity that over half the country viscerally dislikes will be president, and instead of attempting to unite the country, he is deliberately going extreme, appointing other inexperienced billionaires, a crazy general or two and incompetent people to run departments and agencies they either hate or know nothing about, while attempting to do an end run around the nepotism law.

This reality show host, already acting like an autocrat, is a known confrontational person and will not be respected or liked by the majority. It is reminiscent of Nixon's second term. The thin-skinned Trump already has an enemies list.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:14 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,786,894 times
One of my best friends is a Trump supporter. She sent me a message, asking if I "hated" her for how she voted. I wrote back and said, "Of course I don't. You're my friend and I love you." But I'm a snowflake.

I was unfriended by several Trump supporters because they didn't care for my comments about their Lil' Donny. But I suppose it's only notable if a liberal does the "unfriending?"

Old 12-17-2016, 09:18 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,365,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
'
But, but, but those mean ol' poopyheaded liberals unfriended me!! They're SO mean, and us righties are NEVER hurtful!

I need my binky and safe space!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!
I unfriended because someone posts like this no matter who they support.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:19 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
It's Facebook, who really gives a crap?

Way too many people are invested in social media. If you don't like something, dont participate, it's not that hard.

I post here because it's fun. If it ever comes to the point where it's not fun or causes me any stress, I'll do something else while on the toilet, sitting on a boring conference call or waiting for my wife to finish shopping.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:49 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,727,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, in other words you have to be an anti-Trump activist not to lose friends. Wow, people are way out of hand.

Great. This will help me weed out all my alleged "friends" on Facebook. The majority are just people I went to school with who want to gloat about their new stuff, post pictures of their ugly kids, or fish for sympathy about their dead relatives.

Old 12-17-2016, 10:40 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
An old friend of ours who we are still by some miracle friends with on Facebook posted a rant on Facebook that went something like this: "To all my former friends who voted for Trump ..." went on to curse and insult and degrade them, then she unfriended a bunch of people. She has since deleted that post and many of her other hateful posts, but this one is still up:

Quote:
None of the news stories that are coming out about the culture and beliefs that led the rural white working class to vote for the American Hitler are giving me any reason to feel empathy for them. All the stories basically say these people resent women and college grads and anyone who might presume to tell them what to do, and they idolize anyone rich. Which makes me want to say, " F-ck you, a-holes. You could drown in a ditch, and I would come by and poke your bloated corpse with a stick before wandering off to do something more interesting."
She posted between 10 and 50 political rants on Facebook for the entire month of November. It's very strange. We used to get along with this woman, but she's apparently lost her mind. I'm kind of glad we don't live anywhere near her anymore cuz that'd just be super awkward. I didn't vote for Trump, but I don't think I hate him nearly enough for her liking.

Old 12-17-2016, 10:41 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
I never understood the appeal of Facebook. Looks like a vast wasteland to me.

Old 12-17-2016, 10:42 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,728,104 times
Meh...I have unfriended people on social media for posting too many pictures of their kids, or telling long rambling stories about nothing. This isn't any worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies