Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 03:42 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,092,467 times

Advertisements

Obama has constantly said the media was "unfair"
To Hillary and attacked them for even covering Wikileaks at all, even though they barely covered it. I wonder if this means they will double down and become even more partisan and left wing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2016, 03:45 PM

22,444 posts, read 11,969,169 times
Oh, I'm sure they will become even more left wing. They learned nothing from this election. More and more fish wraps (errr...newspapers) will lose subscribers and the papers will be absolutely clueless as to why this happened to them.

Old 12-17-2016, 04:27 PM

24,457 posts, read 17,199,589 times
There are so many gunning for Trump that they will critique anything he does or thinks about doing.

Before we only had the Right wing to comment and keep tabs on Obama and the rest of the media adored him.

The next 4 years is going to be a grind if the majority of the media is reporting on Trump the way Rush Limbaugh dragged on about Obama.

People can take only so much negative press so how many will turn the media off?

Old 12-17-2016, 05:51 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,747,632 times
They can't get anymore to the left of politics. if they did, it would be like a news show from North Korea.

Old 12-17-2016, 05:53 PM

638 posts, read 310,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
To Hillary and attacked them for even covering Wikileaks at all, even though they barely covered it. I wonder if this means they will double down and become even more partisan and left wing
I don't know if that's even possible but I'd sure love to see it. Because the further left they go, the more mainstream society dismisses them.

Old 12-17-2016, 05:55 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,088,289 times
Based on how much coverage they gave Trump, I wouldn't say they're left wing. They're left-center capitalists, and I think they pushed for a Trump presidency because he's a man-child that is guaranteed to create profits from the stories that will be written about/on his actions.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:04 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,794,255 times
The media, with their scientific polls and professional journalism ethics, have been so disgraced this election that they will never, ever, regain any trust from the American public.

Remember, of all the GOP primary contenders, the only one Hillary would easily beat would be Trump, with 85% certainty; polls agree.
And now back to Brian Williams at the Clinton Victory Celebration......

Old 12-17-2016, 06:57 PM

610 posts, read 532,633 times
I think they will continue and maybe ramp it up because their business model has no other alternative. That way they would at least have readers who are leftists. Otherwise they would have no one at all and be ignored.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:22 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,406,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
. . .

Before we only had the Right wing to comment and keep tabs on Obama and the rest of the media adored him.

The next 4 years is going to be a grind if the majority of the media is reporting on Trump the way Rush Limbaugh dragged on about Obama.

People can take only so much negative press so how many will turn the media off?
The traditional media business is in decline. The NY Times on Friday told it's employees that 8 floors in its building will be rented out to make money. Employees will be working on the remaining floors in revised work spaces (when built) that sound like a ginormous cube farm.

Traditional media's only salvation is becoming gossip tabloids.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:28 PM

26,457 posts, read 15,049,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
The media was unfair - they colluded with her, helped her rig the debates, and were slanted in her favor constantly.

I am not sure the media becomes more "left wing" as they do slanted.

For example...Obama did a dozen things to tick off China in regards to Taiwan and the media didn't make a fuss if they covered it at all. Trump has a phone conversation and the media screams bloody murder for a week.

That isn't "left wing" it is just plain slanted to diminish one candidate and promote another.

The actual policies aren't as important as the slant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies