Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2016, 03:31 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,817,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You misquote me, but no surprise.

You got all bent out of shape when someone started a thread about white students being attacked by black flash mobs, and chastised everyone posting in it. You accused people of constantly posting things to put black people in a bad light. Not one little drop of outrage for the act itself.

But now the shoe is on the other foot and it's all different. SHOCKING!
No, I discuss those things. I don't get bent out of shape on them. I do what I did with the poster who got upset about my Frances Cress Wesling reference - I rattle cages and see what happens.

I accuse people of believing the media over reality. Same thing I am doing in this thread. I'm pretty consistent about that.

People get all in an outrage about flash mobs - OH the blacks are going to kill us . People get on a high horse saying that all black people are fatherless - OH the blacks are all bad cause they have no fathers - yet statistics don't back them up lol. People get all bent out of shape because a class is called "The Problem of Whiteness" and - OH the whites will have their feelings hurt and be belittled in class .

LOL it is pretty hilarious to me. But I mostly like to remind people that they should rely more on reality versus media depictions and it is sad that politically, both sides are basically "snowflakes" and can't take any sort of criticisms.

You forgot when I chastise the liberals too who told me on more than one occassion on this forum - OH the blacks are so down and lowly and don't have a culture or anything and that's why they're all bad

I take BS and I flip it around, simple as that.

Old 12-19-2016, 03:33 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,723,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't mean to attack you personally. I sincerely just want to learn something from you.

You honestly don't see there is a potential problem to name the class "The problem of whiteness" class?

Maybe I am just hypersensitive, I would have a big problem if somebody name the class "The problem of mixed race people" "The problem of interracial marriage."

I cannot imagine the reaction if there is a class called "The problem of the Jews."

It looks like "you should read the course description, not just the title" is not really a strong argument here.
I would take any and all of those classes. I am not threatened by ideas even if they are controversial and I believe we can learn from everyone, especially those we disagree with.

But yes, you should read the course description.

Old 12-19-2016, 03:33 PM

Oh, forgot my favorite one I see around here - OH the "media" with their stories make white people be racist

LOL GTFOH!

It is like people cannot have an individual thought and are extremely weak minded today. And FWIW, I see this one a LOT and not just on this board!! White people saying that media stories "make" them racist!

Old 12-19-2016, 03:34 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,542,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Only Black people can use the N word...or so I'm told.

Therefore that class could never exist.
Usually at an HBCU the professor is black and the students are black, therefore the class can exist!

Old 12-19-2016, 03:35 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,723,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
Call the university and complain if you have a problem with it. It is your worldview, and no one quite honestly should tell you how to feel or think. Make your concerns known to the Board, Provost, President, Chancellor, etc.
I agree. Take your concerns to those in power.

Old 12-19-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Only Black people can use the N word...or so I'm told.

Therefore that class could never exist.
LOL, good one!

But how about at an HBCU! lol

Old 12-19-2016, 03:36 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,542,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
I would take any and all of those classes. I am not threatened by ideas even if they are controversial and I believe we can learn from everyone, especially those we disagree with.

But yes, you should read the course description.
To be quite honest, I am ready to take a few of the classes if they offer them online. The subject matter is one of my greatest interests. Lifelong Learner I am.

Old 12-19-2016, 03:36 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,354,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
Usually at an HBCU the professor is black and the students are black, therefore the class can exist!
A white guy would take the class on purpose just to ruin it.

Damn white folks!

Old 12-19-2016, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Its a joke get over it and if a black comedian said it you would be fine with it!
Did you not see my smile

And my LOL!

I thought it was funny.

Contrary to what you may believe there are quite a few white comedians who make great jokes speaking about black people in a stereotypical way.

Old 12-19-2016, 03:38 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,996,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
No, I discuss those things. I don't get bent out of shape on them. I do what I did with the poster who got upset about my Frances Cress Wesling reference - I rattle cages and see what happens.

I accuse people of believing the media over reality. Same thing I am doing in this thread. I'm pretty consistent about that.

People get all in an outrage about flash mobs - OH the blacks are going to kill us . People get on a high horse saying that all black people are fatherless - OH the blacks are all bad cause they have no fathers - yet statistics don't back them up lol. People get all bent out of shape because a class is called "The Problem of Whiteness" and - OH the whites will have their feelings hurt and be belittled in class .

LOL it is pretty hilarious to me. But I mostly like to remind people that they should rely more on reality versus media depictions and it is sad that politically, both sides are basically "snowflakes" and can't take any sort of criticisms.

You forgot when I chastise the liberals too who told me on more than one occassion on this forum - OH the blacks are so down and lowly and don't have a culture or anything and that's why they're all bad

I take BS and I flip it around, simple as that.
Like when Michelle said of Trump that people have lost hope remarks ?
Hey I like stirring the cauldron too !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies