Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 08:31 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
I didn't say you wrote that. Someone else did:

"cross you fingers the sleazy and corrupt Dems don't pull something to block Trump"
At this point only Republicans could block him, and that is not going to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 09:14 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
It's not like Clinton could win. Faithless electors have several choices, and many may favor neither.
A bunch of Californian electors are also considering jumping ship and voting for Trump as over 4 million Trump votes were not given to California since the state is an all-or- nothing.

With more potential for state electorates voting for Trump, the concern is equal both directions.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:20 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times
Talking Best summary of why electoral college works!

This article explains why over 4 million GOP voters in California is disenfranchised. Over 30 states voted for Trump. Amazing how much wisdom our founding fathers possessed:

Hillary Clinton supporters need to quit whining about the Electoral College - MarketWatch

Old 12-19-2016, 10:01 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I hope no more drama. I'm tired of drama.
there is going to be drama for teh next four year at least, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Maybe you should learn a little history. For example originally very few states selected their electoral voters via popular vote. In fact at first it was all assigned people from the local legislature.
maybe you should read some of my previous posts on the EC, including those that state that the states cano choose their electors in ANY manner they choose. they dont even need a popular vote for president. these days however most states let the parties select their slate of electors, and the people actually vote for the electors chosen. this way the electors are virtually guaranteed to vote for the winner of the states popular vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Dear, please take a look at history book once in a while.

The EC was NOT set up just so smaller states were represented. Sorry.

IF the EC were actually 'doing it's job' as the founders intended - Trump would not be president because he meets the definition of demagogue.

Now, I don't expect them to change their vote and I happen to agree with Michael Che on that issue - but IF we won't allow the electors to do what the founders intended - then let's do away with the electors.

Easy peasy.

IF it was just 'automatic' would we really need the electors?

Nope..

You couldn't be more wrong about why the EC was set up.

Nope. That's not it.

Please tell me where I said that his election would be blocked.

Bottom line - you could say that about EVERY SINGLE DISCUSSION on CD. Yet - here we are.
then how about you educate us on why the EC was set up in the first place, mr professor.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:06 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
IF the EC were actually 'doing it's job' as the founders intended - Trump would not be president because he meets the definition of demagogue.
only in the collective minds of the wacky PROG-LEFT.

The rest of the country sees him as a guy that likes to punch bullies in the nose. we like that.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:08 AM

11 posts, read 5,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
This article explains why over 4 million GOP voters in California is disenfranchised. Over 30 states voted for Trump. Amazing how much wisdom our founding fathers possessed:

Hillary Clinton supporters need to quit whining about the Electoral College - MarketWatch
What I read from the article is that Trump had the Popular vote as well, and California is what put Hillary over the top in the Popular vote category.

However, I am dying to know. Did the Electoral College accept or reject Trump? And, if they did.. whom did they choose?

Can they elect Clinton?

Old 12-19-2016, 10:13 AM

And, here is an instigator. http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/12/1...ont-vote-trump

Old 12-19-2016, 10:19 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieofpizza View Post
What I read from the article is that Trump had the Popular vote as well, and California is what put Hillary over the top in the Popular vote category.

However, I am dying to know. Did the Electoral College accept or reject Trump? And, if they did.. whom did they choose?

Can they elect Clinton?
well.... Trump lost the popular vote by 2.6 million. However, he did not campaign in CA or NY or ILL.

He lost CA by 4 million votes. that alone makes the difference. He also lost NY by more than a million and ILL by 800k

so really the difference in the election was CA.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:37 AM

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...-protests.html

Old 12-19-2016, 10:47 AM

2,771 posts, read 2,301,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
A bunch of Californian electors are also considering jumping ship and voting for Trump as over 4 million Trump votes were not given to California since the state is an all-or- nothing.

With more potential for state electorates voting for Trump, the concern is equal both directions.
That would be something if Trump got MORE EVs than they predicted!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies