Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2016, 01:23 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Many of us are angry because we are truly afraid of Trump. Not because he is conservative, because he has no thought for anyone but himself. He has shown this over and over again and he is not even the President yet!

For me, I want to wrap my head around why anyone voted for him. Some people on this thread have given valid and understandable explanations (I don't agree, but definitely gave me a better understanding). Everyone that I have spoken to IRL has voted for him because "never Hillary" or the Supreme Court. No one has given more than that. No one was speaking up as being a proponent for Trump during the election. His winning was truly shocking to many.

I understand wanting change, not agreeing with much of what Obama had done. I don't understand how anyone could look at Trump as a person to make that change. He is a loose cannon that doesn't think things through. He acts before he thinks.

I am also curious how Trump supporters are seeing his actions, his tweets, his not attending security meetings and his appointments to the cabinet. Is this what you hoped for? Was this your vision?
Trust me , to this day I can't wrap my mind around why anyone would vote for Hillary Clinton.

She is probably the most corrupt, incompetent major party candidate to run in modern times. Wherever she has gone in her career--disaster has followed. Whether we're talking "pay for play" with her charity, her role in the assassination of a US Ambassador, a vote for the Iraq War; support of the Iran nuclear deal, careless mishandling of classified information, support for Obamacare, a vote for TPP and shipping away of American jobs...and then an attempt to guilt trip people into voting for just because she may be the first woman President.

She was just a vote for "more of the same" as everything seemed to be going backwards.

And this was all within the last 10-15 years....the writing is on the wall...some people just refuse to read it imo.

The man spent like 10 million in advertising during the primaries and received an estimated 2-3 billion in free press...while CLinton spent roughly 2-300 million and received less than that. During the Presidential election, she also spent 1.2 billion and not only lost the election, but the Democratic party was completely cooked from top to bottom. Trump spent roughly 1/10th of what she did, and received double the amount in profits from this election.

Let's face it, the man knows what he is doing IMO.

I thought the choice was pretty obvious...Trump was your best chance at actually having things get turned around.

Last edited by itshim; 12-19-2016 at 01:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 01:26 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,908,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Shall we all hope that we won't live to regret your middle finger acting in place of a brain? Not banking on it, tho.
Chill Kat, in six months you will be applying for the job of engineer of the Trump Train..
It won't be long after you see him in action, you will be his biggest cheerleader...

Old 12-19-2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
So, you are willing to give up worker protections, OSHA, clean water and air, food inspections, allow people to bomb and shoot up certain religious houses and government buildings, the TSA, the NHTSA, the Centers for Disease Control, and a whole lot of other things. Because, you don't think that there should be any recourse, no laws, no "hate speech" definitions of any kind, no rules, no regulations, no curtailments, nothing. So that you can say whatever you want about bathrooms, gays, certain ethnic and religious groups... And, you're not playing. Is that a threat, or a promise, or what? <shrug>
Either you have a super wild imagination, or you have been hitting the crack pipe a little to hard. You are spending way too much energy on things that are never going to happen. Save your outrage, save your energy, you have been duped..!
What will happen is that America is going to be great again, and her success will take Kat along with it, no matter how much to try and fight it..
America won the election...

Old 12-19-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
It is almost like trump is deliberately choosing people who will muck up things.
So far every one of Trumps cabinet picks are fantastic. With this bunch he will get things done in a hurry. We are sooo lucky to have Don and this amazing cabinet.. You are so far off track you may never be able to return. I have to wonder how your mind was so corrupted, I actually feel sorry for you. It may requite professional help.

Old 12-19-2016, 01:51 PM

937 posts, read 927,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Either you have a super wild imagination, or you have been hitting the crack pipe a little to hard. You are spending way too much energy on things that are never going to happen. Save your outrage, save your energy, you have been duped..!
What will happen is that America is going to be great again, and her success will take Kat along with it, no matter how much to try and fight it..
America won the election...
Fundamentally...
What is America to you?

Old 12-19-2016, 01:52 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,276,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
A lot of Americans including myself are saddened. Why couldn't you just voted for a sane candidate like Rubio? Hell, even Ted Cruz would have been a much better option. Jesus Christ!!! I can't believe electors are gonna select a madman tomorrow because a segment of our electorate decided they wanted this buffoon to be our president. Very depressing
I didn't like either one but was trying to keep an open mind. Hillary did two things that sealed the deal for me to vote Trump. The deplorable remark and bringing illegal aliens up on the stage at the DNC convention. Both things were a big slap in the face to Americans. At that point, I just looked at what issues were important to me and voted accordingly.

Seeing the reaction from Clinton, Obama and the DNC, I don't care who they put up, I won't vote for them. I liked Tulsi Gabbard but no way I'm voting democrat now. Based on what I'm seeing now I made the right choice.

I was Republican but became independent years ago because the GOP was getting just as bad as the dems.

Old 12-19-2016, 02:02 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,037,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Okay... you had me convinced that your logic was sound... except for the bolded.

I do agree that people can go overboard being offended about things that really aren't as important as whatever thing they're busy being offended about while they overlook the important stuff, but "politically-correct" has been twisted to mean "just say whatever you want to whoever you and and don't even bother to care if you're being unkind."

That is the part of Trump and his campaign that didn't sit right with me. Granted, I think he's unqualified, but there have been other presidents who weren't exactly highly-qualified, so it's not totally a foreign concept.

But, we have GOT to try to be kinder to one another.

Would you like me to call you... I don't know...

A gun-crazed loonybird?

I mean, I don't think that, I'm just using it for an example, since you mentioned that 2nd amendment rights were one of your big issues.

What if I called you a backward redneck who uses his guns to compensate for his lack of large genitalia?

Stick with me...

I would NOT say those things to you because we are (I think) having a polite exchange on a forum about political matters and to distill your beliefs down to something so simplistic and rude would be:

1. Unkind
2. Likely to halt our conversation
3. Likely to keep us from having any more fruitful talks

So, I do get where the anti-PC stuff comes from, and I don't even disagree with all of it, but I think that we should still try to be decent to one another and respect our differences as well as our common ground.

Do you agree?

Yes, I agree. My position is that people who use their free speech to demonstrate that they are useless or evil will be taken care of organically by shunning. Nobody wants to hang around or do business with an obnoxious racist or someone who is just plain stupid. However, I do not favor any laws, regulations, or state remedies to silence stupid people or people with views that are objectionable to everyone else. We all must be able to say ANYTHING WE WANT. Those that want to say bad things will be marginalized into oblivion, where they belong.

Of course, that only goes for the public space. City-Data, for example, is a private space. If the owners were to throw me off the site because they did not fancy my views or expression thereof, they would be totally within their rights. City-Data is private property.

And, individual City-Data users can block anyone they want if they don't like what they are hearing. That's what I like. Freedom and private property rights.

We don't need the collectivists and the statists, we can take care of life under our own steam and without victimizing each other through censorship in the speech space, or legalized theft in the social program space.

And going back to Trump, he is a horrible statist who I would never have voted for. But keeping out terrorists and illegal aliens and trimming back political correctness was too much NOT to vote for. I'll take the domestic nonsense that is about to happen, I can deal with that. I cannot deal with importing terrorists or illegals, and I cannot deal with the pusillanimous putrescent PC social justice warriors.

It seems so far that the electoral college situation is progressing smoothly, and it does not appear that there will be any big surprises. So it looks like an inauguration is in the wings!

Old 12-19-2016, 02:17 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,972,072 times
Why did I vote for trump in the Primary?
Because the other republicans did not greatly impress me. I knew they were all liars, but I found trump's lies more impressive than all the rest. Besides, I liked what he had to say against the "establishment" politicians.
why did I vote for trump in the General election?
Because stein was (and is) too much of a flake, I could not stand to listen to her crazy talk. I liked johnson, and nearly voted for him, but then I heard one of his speeches, and decided I could not vote for him, either. hillary was, of course, out of the question long before the conventions even convened.
I did not want to write in Alfred E. Neuman or Mickey Mouse or my own name.
So, I voted for trump.

Old 12-19-2016, 02:23 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,037,875 times
256 out of 270 votes in the bag, we're almost there! It may have been a foregone conclusion, but I was seriously worried that something bad would happen in this election season that featured so many first time screwball events. But all is apparently well. It looks like America is Going to be Great Again. Ahhhh. The PC whiners are going to be in overdrive, and it's just such a good thing to watch it.

Old 12-19-2016, 02:27 PM

9,362 posts, read 14,304,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Take a look in the mirror. THAT is why Trump won.
I've been telling them that since Trump announced his candidacy and never lost traction in the ensuing months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies