Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2016, 04:54 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, that's a popular one, but of course a lot of Hillary voters said their only reason for voting for her was Donald Trump. Kind of proves the point of those of us who were frustrated at two awful choices.
And that is why I picked Gary Johnson. I didn't like either of them, and some of Gary Johnson's ideas, I liked. Legalization of marijuana, no more death penalty. Gary Johnson also doesn't have the incendiary, bigoted rhetoric that Trump has. I lost respect for Trump after his POW comments. However, his comments about Blacks scared me. I also believe that Hilary Clinton isn't much better.

Before anyone criticizes 3rd party votes, it is important to remember this. The more votes the 3rd party gets, the less votes the two other candidates get. The problem is that not enough people voted for Gary Johnson, and this election had a low voter turn out in general. A candidate only has as much chance as you give that candidate. People call a 3rd party vote a wasted vote. By that definition, voting for those who lost this election would be "wasted votes".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2016, 05:15 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,736,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariah37 View Post
Mostly because he wasn't Clinton.

This and he's not a corrupt politician! It's about time someone that's not actually a politician was elected!

Old 12-24-2016, 05:17 PM

325 posts, read 153,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, where does that leave me as a middle class Black male, age 30? Why should I be behind him based on the things he has said? What is in it for me?
I didn't say it left you anything. You said you voted for your interests. I did the same. What exactly did he say about blacks that scared you? Obviously when he was talking about inner cities being horrible he wasn't talking about I am assuming a decently well off middle class black man. He was talking about the teenagers and early 20's folks selling drugs and committing crime etc. He is a tough talker....its what people like after 8 years of smooth talk.

Old 12-24-2016, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacSoc View Post
I didn't say it left you anything. You said you voted for your interests. I did the same. What exactly did he say about blacks that scared you? Obviously when he was talking about inner cities being horrible he wasn't talking about I am assuming a decently well off middle class black man. He was talking about the teenagers and early 20's folks selling drugs and committing crime etc. He is a tough talker....its what people like after 8 years of smooth talk.
I know you didn't say it left me anything. That is why I asked you. I wanted to know why I should even bother being behind him at all. When it comes to politics, I look out for myself. I know my neighbor isn't thinking about me.

And something else. The whole inner city stuff, his comments were quite patronizing. When someone has to tell Trump "not all Blacks live in the ghettos", there is something quite stupid going on. If the only thing he knows regarding Blacks as a whole is what one sees in the ghettos, there is some kind of stupidity going on.

When he said "what do you have to lose"? Well, whenever someone says they would be in favor of a nation stop and frisk policy, I worry.

I would read this: Donald Trump to black voters: 'What do you have to lose?' - BBC News
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/26/us...ters.html?_r=0

And something else. I posted stuff in my posts that you replied to. Did you even read the links? If not, then I get why you are asking such questions.

And here is the truth. Trump's crass and brutish manners make me see him as unstable and alienating. I don't find his type refreshing. I find him crazy.

Old 12-24-2016, 05:51 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I was also a Bernie supporter but this was an emergency and you squandered your vote. So this is where your protest vote got us. Didn't you realize that?
Per the bolded --- ROFL.

Oh no! "an emergency"! Time to call the Wahmbulance!

Such overwrought drama

Old 12-24-2016, 06:13 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Default Seriously, why did you vote for Trump?

I voted for America's future, I care less about social issues, I care about the economy and safety of this country.

Old 12-24-2016, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I voted for America's future, I care less about social issues, I care about the economy and safety of this country.
Social issues mean something to me because I would be likely to be affected by them.

Last edited by green_mariner; 12-24-2016 at 08:51 PM..

Old 12-24-2016, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
This and he's not a corrupt politician! It's about time someone that's not actually a politician was elected!
He is a nutty businessman. He hasn't had the opportunity to become a corrupt politician. It doesn't mean he won't be one.

Old 12-24-2016, 11:35 PM

2,309 posts, read 901,962 times
He's not with the establishment.

Old 12-25-2016, 08:10 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitak1982 View Post
After what Obama did yesterday to Israel! January 20th can't come fast enough!!!!!!

Ted Cruz said,“For eight long years, the Obama administration has worked systematically to undermine the nation of Israel. They actively worked to defeat Prime Minister Netanyahu, and illegally used U.S. taxpayer funds to do so. Never has there been a more anti-Israel Administration, and today’s United Nations vote is the culmination of their systemic agenda to weaken Israel and strengthen its enemies.
“I also emphatically second the call of my colleague Sen. Lindsey Graham that the consequences of this disgraceful UN resolution should be severe. I look forward to working with Sen. Graham, and with the incoming Administration of President-elect Trump, to significantly reduce or even eliminate U.S. funding of the United Nations, and also to seriously reconsider financial support for the nations that supported this resolution. For those who have put your name to this despicable attack on Israel, you did so with full knowledge of the consequences of your actions.
“And for those who acquiesced or facilitated the UN resolution–especially President Obama, Secretary Kerry, and Ambassador Power–history will record your abiding and shameful legacy undermining our friend and ally Israel. I am hopeful at least some Senate Democrats will choose to repudiate your anti-Israel actions, and I am grateful that the new Administration has committed to once again restoring our strong and unequivocal support for the Nation of Israel.”

Even more now I am glad I voted for Donald J Trump!

Interesting how there always seems this dichotomy that one man's gain is another man's loss...

I was thinking the opposite. Finally, we have a POTUS not afraid to counter the status quo and lean a little bit more toward right (along with the other countries weighing in the same).

The security council adopted the landmark resolution demanding Israel halt all settlement building and expansion in the occupied territories after Barack Obama’s administration refused to veto the resolution on Friday.

A White House official said Obama had taken the decision to abstain in the absence of any meaningful peace process. The resolution, which passed by a 14-0 vote, was met with loud applause in the packed chamber when the US ambassador, Samantha Power, abstained.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...m-of-netanyahu

About time!

As for being anti-Israel, even Trump suggested he would be a little better balanced with regard to policy related to Israel, though as usual he is forever saying one thing and meaning what always has everyone now guessing. I am glad Bernie Sanders also made this important point, that there are two sides of these issues related to Israel that don't always suggest Israel is always right to do as she does.

//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...i-semitic.html

All of which doesn't seem to matter to some folks in particular, however, for reasons that are obviously born from deep-seeded bias and self-interest transcending all objective, balanced and proper judgement.

Another reason I'm going to miss Obama...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies