Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 11:02 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,555,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
A lot of Americans including myself are saddened. Why couldn't you just voted for a sane candidate like Rubio? Hell, even Ted Cruz would have been a much better option. Jesus Christ!!! I can't believe electors are gonna select a madman tomorrow because a segment of our electorate decided they wanted this buffoon to be our president. Very depressing
The fact that so many of our own citizens have done this, is more alarming than the prospect of having him as president. And I think that his agenda is to destroy as much as he can, just to prove that he can do it and inflate his ego.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

937 posts, read 924,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironlady View Post
You make many assumptions in your analysis of "The Trump Vote". Have you conducted a cross-sectional, multi-longitudinal study that uses mixed methodology of qualitative and quantitative methods to inform your position--or did you just guess?
Guessed.

If it's good enough for Trump it's good enough for his voting base, am... I... Right?

2,359 posts, read 1,029,404 times
Quote:

If you voted Hillary, you know you voted for a liar, too, right? And a person who profited off a career AS A POLITICIAN!
Some people are very good liars.

Others just lie a lot without ever gaining any proficiency in the art of lying.

Place Hillary squarely in the second group.

You'd think, considering all of the hundreds of thousands of lies she has told over her lifetime (many of which are on video) that she would have gotten better at it.

A lot better, given the level of experience she has in lying. Yet, that never happened.

With Hillary, the next lie was just as comically transparent as the last. When she answered a question posed by a Congressional committee by saying "I don't recall," it was easy to see that the actual answer was "I'm feigning a lack of memory because the truthful answer would land me in Leavenworth."

It was almost as if she expected you to believe her lies simply because she was "Hillary!" and you were merely one of her lesser subjects, ultimately of no more value to her than the used toilet paper she had just flushed.

Well, obviously, nobody with a functioning brain would actually vote for such a person. But in the 2016 presidential election, that left many of us with quite the quandary: One could either vote for a hideous, lying, amoral, incompetent, self-entitled power-hungry b*tch whom nobody ever would have heard of had she not married Bill Clinton, or one could vote for this somewhat questionable real estate developer who really needs to close his Twitter account.

Viewed in that light...the choice was pretty simple. Which is not to say that voting for Trump was necessarily a good choice, but it was immeasurably better than the alternative presented.

11,337 posts, read 11,000,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Possibly code for using the coercive power of government to try and ensure equality of outcomes?

I'm for equal protection under the law, personally

Exactly. We are not all equal. Some of us are better than others and deserve more for working harder, thinking up stuff, taking risks, and making things happen. The poor DO NOT HAVE any right to take the property of others, simply because they decide that they need it. No such right.

Everyone has the same right: FREEDOM. What you do with it is up to you, and if you do more and better, you deserve more and better. That is reality, and everyone knows it. But some people hate it because it means they have to face the fact of their own mediocrity, lack of character, or incompetence, and that is just not pleasant.

Old 12-18-2016, 11:03 PM

15,494 posts, read 10,431,196 times
" Seriously, why did you vote for Trump? "

How many times are we supposed to answer this question? There are many reasons, TRADE was a big one for me. I took the following from his website:

1. Withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership, which has not yet been ratified.

2. Appoint tough and smart trade negotiators to fight on behalf of American workers.

3. Direct the Secretary of Commerce to identify every violation of trade agreements a foreign country is currently using to harm our workers, and also direct all appropriate agencies to use every tool under American and international law to end these abuses.

4. Tell NAFTA partners that we intend to immediately renegotiate the terms of that agreement to get a better deal for our workers. If they don’t agree to a renegotiation, we will submit notice that the U.S. intends to withdraw from the deal. Eliminate Mexico’s one-side backdoor tariff through the VAT and end sweatshops in Mexico that undercut U.S. workers.

5. Instruct the Treasury Secretary to label China a currency manipulator.

6. Instruct the U.S. Trade Representative to bring trade cases against China, both in this country and at the WTO. China's unfair subsidy behavior is prohibited by the terms of its entrance to the WTO.

7. Use every lawful presidential power to remedy trade disputes if China does not stop its illegal activities, including its theft of American trade secrets - including the application of tariffs consistent with Section 201 and 301 of the Trade Act of 1974 and Section 232 of the Trade Expansion Act of 1962.

Old 12-18-2016, 11:06 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,281,428 times
I voted for trump only because I thought hillary was an evil crooked liar. Trump is a crooked liar as well, but at least I don't get the evil vibe from him. Plus he keeps things interesting.

I also voted for trump because Hillary was pro war. Hopefully trump isn't, time will tell.

649 posts, read 315,202 times
Quote:
I'm an Independent, and I did not support Trump in the primary. In fact, I wrote an widely-circulated article against supporting Trump. That said, he's who we got, and I'm glad of it now. Here are my reasons:

1. I am tired of the PC culture so bent on serving it's own agenda that it subverts truth.

2. I am tired of the West Coast libs and the East Coast elites thinking they know what's happening on our border. My grandparents were sharecroppers in West Texas. They employed undocumented people and helped them get their papers. You want to know the truth about those borders--about the coyotes and the sex-trafficking and the drug trafficking and the gun running? How scandalous is it--really--that we secure our borders and offer a humane path to citizenship?

3. I am tired of West Coast libs and East Coast libs living behind their own "walls" and bodyguards and then telling us plebeians in "fly-over" country how many of those multiple-offense, undocumented persons live in our backyard.

4. I am tired of paying $1000 a month or more for health insurance.

5. I am tired of hiring politicians who tell pretty lies. I'd rather have the one who tells the ugly truth.

6. I am tired of those sad, hollowed out towns I visited in the Rust Belt, those places alive only because the center has held--those tiny local diners that bring everyone together.

7. I am tired of transgender bathrooms being shoved down our throat while 15% of forgotten families live with food insecurity, where kids go to school with empty bellies.

8. I am tired of snowflakes who, God forbid, would crumple like a paper doll were a real tragedy, a real offense, to befall them.

9. I am tired of the MSM shilling for the liberals.

10. I am tired of Nazi sympathizer George Soros and the havoc he's brought on our nation.

9. But most of all, I'm tired of Hillary Clinton and her corruption and her lies.

Trump says disgusting things. Hillary is a disgusting person.

And, oh yes, I urge you to reconsider your "madman" term and determine whether that springs from your own unique mind or the misinformation perpetuated by the MSM.
Well said .

41,111 posts, read 25,645,826 times
In 2010 you were warned with the loss of Democrat seats but you laughed and continued to ignore and demonize the people. You were so blinded by Obama being in office that even though you were losing more seats (more warnings) you continued with your arrogance and remained ignorant to what was happening throughout the country. Well Trump did talk and listen to the people and won the election. I'm going to repost Iron lady's post. She spells it out.

I'm an Independent, and I did not support Trump in the primary. In fact, I wrote an widely-circulated article against supporting Trump. That said, he's who we got, and I'm glad of it now. Here are my reasons:

1. I am tired of the PC culture so bent on serving it's own agenda that it subverts truth.

2. I am tired of the West Coast libs and the East Coast elites thinking they know what's happening on our border. My grandparents were sharecroppers in West Texas. They employed undocumented people and helped them get their papers. You want to know the truth about those borders--about the coyotes and the sex-trafficking and the drug trafficking and the gun running? How scandalous is it--really--that we secure our borders and offer a humane path to citizenship?

3. I am tired of West Coast libs and East Coast libs living behind their own "walls" and bodyguards and then telling us plebeians in "fly-over" country how many of those multiple-offense, undocumented persons live in our backyard.

4. I am tired of paying $1000 a month or more for health insurance.

5. I am tired of hiring politicians who tell pretty lies. I'd rather have the one who tells the ugly truth.

6. I am tired of those sad, hollowed out towns I visited in the Rust Belt, those places alive only because the center has held--those tiny local diners that bring everyone together.

7. I am tired of transgender bathrooms being shoved down our throat while 15% of forgotten families live with food insecurity, where kids go to school with empty bellies.

8. I am tired of snowflakes who, God forbid, would crumple like a paper doll were a real tragedy, a real offense, to befall them.

9. I am tired of the MSM shilling for the liberals.

10. I am tired of Nazi sympathizer George Soros and the havoc he's brought on our nation.

9. But most of all, I'm tired of Hillary Clinton and her corruption and her lies.

Last edited by petch751; 12-18-2016 at 11:15 PM..

Old 12-18-2016, 11:07 PM

38,623 posts, read 26,292,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
A lot of Americans including myself are saddened. Why couldn't you just voted for a sane candidate like Rubio? Hell, even Ted Cruz would have been a much better option. Jesus Christ!!! I can't believe electors are gonna select a madman tomorrow because a segment of our electorate decided they wanted this buffoon to be our president. Very depressing

I voted for Cruz in the Michigan primary but regretted it after learning his wife works for Goldman-Sachs.

I have no interest in voting for a corporate ***** with an "R" behind his or her name.

FTR, buffoons don't build business empires like the one Trump built.

Buffoons, regardless of what they start with, get played and invariably lose their ass, so he's not stupid.

If you want to make the case that Trump is untrustworthy and have something besides crap about Trump University, Chinese neck-ties or obviously false rape allegations, OK, make your case.

To date, I haven't heard anything about Trump that couldn't be attributed to the fact that he has a **** load of money and low-lifes, and their lawyers, are looking to get their hands on some of it.

Old 12-18-2016, 11:09 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,640,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Trump has gone bankrupt countless times... brilliant.

We are the laughing stock of the world puttting Trump into power. He hasn't been put into office yet and he is already causing issues. It is not about being a sore loser. It is about truly believing Trump is going to destroy the United States.

Olbermann: 'We Have Elected an Idiot' (Video)
Trump is a multi billionaire, brilliant!

Olberman is an idiot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies