Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 06:59 PM

27,547 posts, read 28,630,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
After all the media attention on the electoral college and the hope for faithless electors, more failed to vote for Hillary than for Trump! It's priceless!
The liberals will never understand just how DEVASTATING this election was for Hillary, no matter how many times she gets slammed down.

It is mind-blowing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 06:59 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
It is so.much fun to see the media make a fool of themselves.

Old 12-19-2016, 07:16 PM

1,548 posts, read 912,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
After all the media attention on the electoral college and the hope for faithless electors, more failed to vote for Hillary than for Trump! It's priceless!

They said he wouldn't win the recounts.
They said electors wouldn't vote for him.
I'm a Trump voter. To be fair, many news programs I saw or articles I read said both a loss from the recounts and loss due to faithless electors were long shots.

Old 12-19-2016, 07:26 PM

2,347 posts, read 3,331,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The liberals will never understand just how DEVASTATING this election was for Hillary
Right. Because she's the only person in the entire history of man...I mean....personkind that's ever experienced disappointment, adversity, and didn't get what she thought was 'owed'.

I'm absolutely relishing every second of watching all the precious little Snowflakes have their meltdowns. Until recently, it was always the Boomers that were saddled with the 'Narcissistic' and 'Self Centered' stigmas.

The Milennials have completely blown them out of the water and make the Boomers look humble by comparison.

You just know that gens X and the Boomers are now going to be having a field day looking for more ways to shaft and stick it to them 'flakes again. Just for the pure sadistic pleasure of it. Home ownership may have been taken away from them, but I don't think it was done out of malicious intent.

The next social/economic hardship and life-jading event that gets dumped in the Millenials lap WILL be. The entertainment value of watching their little tantrums is just too irresistible to pass up.

All of the snide mockery aside, in a decade or two from now, Hillarys defeat may quite possibly prove to be the best thing that ever happened to that generation because of the real life lessons imposed on them.

Old 12-19-2016, 07:39 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
I'm a Trump voter. To be fair, many news programs I saw or articles I read said both a loss from the recounts and loss due to faithless electors were long shots.
So let me get this straight...

The Green party insisted on a recount which ended up turning up more votes than there were voters in one of the cities and Trump ended up gaining votes. Isn't it Democrats and Liberals who insist that we don't show voter ID because they say there isn't voter fraud?

Then they tried upending the electoral college through threats and harassment and Hillary ended up losing EC votes?

True, upending the EC was a very long shot, and the liberal media knew it but it was good for ratings and keeping their base riled up.

Old 12-19-2016, 07:41 PM

529 posts, read 369,746 times
I'm already getting sick of winning.

Every election year I remember (Carter to the present) somebody wins only once.

Trump won Nov 8th, then he won again when the recount went way left and actually gained him more votes, and now again today. That's three times more than any one candidate in my lifetime.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:00 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,713,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So let me get this straight...

The Green party insisted on a recount which ended up turning up more votes than there were voters in one of the cities and Trump ended up gaining votes. Isn't it Democrats and Liberals who insist that we don't show voter ID because they say there isn't voter fraud?

Then they tried upending the electoral college through threats and harassment and Hillary ended up losing EC votes?

True, upending the EC was a very long shot, and the liberal media knew it but it was good for ratings and keeping their base riled up.
And, to show you how twisted things can get, the anti-Trump forces that demanded the recounts, actually resulted in Trump gaining votes in Wisconsin.

The left ran the gamut from encouraging to threatening electors to vote against their states voters....and some did. Funny thing is it backfired against the left. Clinton lost more pledged electors than Trump did. He lost two, she lost five. Apparently, once again, the strategy of the left backfired. They begged, pleaded and threatened electors to vote their conscience....and HRC lost more electors than Trump. Any further questions ?

In Michigan, a red state, but totally blue in the Detroit area (Wayne County), there were more votes counted, than there were voters who voted. Keeping in mind this was a very blue area within a red state, so most likely a high percentage of HRC voters in this blue area.....but under the recount rules, if there is a discrepancy between the number of votes counted, and the number of voters who voted, that precinct is NOT able to be recounted. Now how crazy is that. You KNOW there is a problem here, and yet this is the area you can't recount. God knows how many over votes HRC got here....I guess we'll never know. For some reason, I can't see the left pushing to examine the discrepancies in Wayne County....lol. Accuracy and voting integrity is demanded, but only in red states and red localities apparently. Where is Jill Stein when you need her...lol.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:39 AM

3,838 posts, read 3,064,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
It's pretty awesome that she is denied winning the Electoral College vote on the same day her husband was impeached 18 years ago.

Oh really. I bet you didn't get that tidbit of info from the MSM, did you?

Old 12-20-2016, 11:44 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,028,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltergulick View Post

Trump won Nov 8th, then he won again when the recount went way left and actually gained him more votes, and now again today. That's three times more than any one candidate in my lifetime.
Yeah, well, he did say we'd be sick of winning!

I'm not sick of it yet, but my belly hurts from laughing at the losers.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:45 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltergulick View Post

When Trump made his comment about people getting sick of all the winning, I thought it was dumb since he could only win once. Clearly he was right and I was wrong. He really does keep winning over and over. Silly for Hillary to keep serving up these opportunities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies