Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 08:00 AM

638 posts, read 310,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
is this serious?
Which part don't you understand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2016, 10:09 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Lets see Trumps own security force!
That's a good idea, that way when he gets taken out his family can't blame to Secret Service

Old 12-20-2016, 10:13 AM

638 posts, read 310,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Lets see Trumps own security force!
That's a good idea, that way when he gets taken out his family can't blame to Secret Service
You realize you're talking about the same incompetent Secret Service that allowed MULTIPLE people to jump the fence, and even one loon to land on the lawn in a friggen flying contraption. NONE were shot. That's scary. We don't need a compassionate Secret Service. We need a deadly Secret Service. Until Trump can build a crew of serious agents, I wouldn't allow them to "protect" me either.

Old 12-20-2016, 10:24 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Trump will take his own head of personal security and other bodyguards with him to the White House. That should make the Secret Service very happy. There seems to be some potential for conflict. At least it would make for a good SNL skit. It doesn't seem that this has ever been done by any previous president.

But Adolf Hitler had his own personal bodyguards, eventually known as the LSSFH, which had about 800 men, just to protect him and his residences and headquarters. He was so hated and opposed, even by many of the country's other security forces, that he trusted only his handpicked, personal guards.

Donald Trump Doesn't Trust the Secret Service, Will Keep His Own Security Force | Mother Jones
I can see opportunities for conflict re: hierarchy of responsibility, coordination of teams during events, levels of accountability and leadership among security teams etc. but the comparison to Hitler (as usual) is misplaced. Trumps' current security team is led by Keith Schiller, a retired New York City cop and Navy veteran who started working for Trump in 1999. Hardly Hiter-esque. Both his own private security and the SS have been working together during the campaign to ensure the safety of the now president-elect. Presumably they're all professionals and will work out an efficient system once he's in office.

Old 12-20-2016, 10:56 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Don't read that MJ crappola. Either the blogger guy can't read or he's a liar. He says the info came from Ken Vogel. Since I had no idea who Vogel is and the Mother Jones guy fails to enlighten us or give a link, I checked. He writes for Politico. So why read some blogger on MJ when you can go to the source? Here's the FIRST paragraph of Vogel's Politico article:

"President-elect Donald Trump has continued employing a private security and intelligence team at his victory rallies, and he is expected to keep at least some members of the team after he becomes president, according to people familiar with the plans."

Trump private security force ‘playing with fire’ - POLITICO

The obvious. He isn't REPLACING Secret Service with his own private detail. Right now he has a mix of Secret Service and a private detail. If Vogel's sources are right (Trump needs to ferret out the transition team leaker and 86 him or her) what he might be doing is letting SOME of his private detail go. How the wanna-be journalist on Mother Jones gets away with a story around a false premise is beyond me but I suppose in addition to not having real journalists, they don't have real editors, either.

Of course the Politico story implies it's a bad idea to keep some of the private security on with the Secret Service but that's a totally different story from what the boob at Mother Jones wrote.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:03 AM

420 posts, read 704,494 times
I have watched part of the Congressional hearings with the secret service, and the things that those guys do while on duty I would not trust them with my goldfish. So on this, I don't blame Trump.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:05 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times
Quote:
Trump will take his own head of personal security and other bodyguards with him to the White House. That should make the Secret Service very happy. There seems to be some potential for conflict. At least it would make for a good SNL skit. It doesn't seem that this has ever been done by any previous president.

But Adolf Hitler had his own personal bodyguards, eventually known as the LSSFH, which had about 800 men, just to protect him and his residences and headquarters. He was so hated and opposed, even by many of the country's other security forces, that he trusted only his handpicked, personal guards.

Donald Trump Doesn't Trust the Secret Service, Will Keep His Own Security Force | Mother Jones
lol. You just had to mention Hitler, didn't you! Linking to Mother Jones didn't help.

People who do that immediately have ZERO credibility and go to /ignore.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:19 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanMadden View Post
It's not like any one of us seriously expected you to understand the concepts of loyalty and trust.
The Secret Service is the very epitome of loyalty. I actually had the pleasure of knowing a member of the Secret Service and have never encountered a person of greater honor. His family lived down the street from me when I lived in Maryland, and he was on duty in the West Wing the morning of September 11th. It's hard for me to reconcile your characterization of the Secret Service as untrustworthy with the man I personally knew. These are people with incredible personal integrity who take an oath to protect the president. You should be ashamed of yourself for portraying them in a negative light.

Last edited by randomparent; 12-20-2016 at 11:31 AM..

Old 12-20-2016, 11:23 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
his team cannot get TS intel--- sorry-- need to know basis- and they don't need to know- good luck with that

Old 12-20-2016, 11:24 AM

286 posts, read 383,034 times
Quote:
Neither do I.
Why not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies