Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 11:25 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times

Advertisements

Trustworthy source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2016, 11:28 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Trump will take his own head of personal security and other bodyguards with him to the White House. That should make the Secret Service very happy. There seems to be some potential for conflict. At least it would make for a good SNL skit. It doesn't seem that this has ever been done by any previous president.

But Adolf Hitler had his own personal bodyguards, eventually known as the LSSFH, which had about 800 men, just to protect him and his residences and headquarters. He was so hated and opposed, even by many of the country's other security forces, that he trusted only his handpicked, personal guards.

Donald Trump Doesn't Trust the Secret Service, Will Keep His Own Security Force | Mother Jones
Apparently he's been worried about their lack of Spetsnaz experience...

Old 12-20-2016, 11:29 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Trump has a point - the Secret Service is part of the TREASURY.
And the Secretary of Treasury is also the U.S. Governor of the World Bank, IMF, and a host of other financial powers.
And you should know that the Sec'y is NOT paid by the U.S. government, but by the fiduciary agent of the various international banks - you know who - the FEDERAL RESERVE.
12 U.S. Code § 95b. The actions, regulations, rules, licenses, orders and proclamations heretofore or hereafter taken, promulgated, made, or issued by the President of the United States or the Secretary of the Treasury since March 4, 1933, pursuant to the authority conferred by section 95a of this title, are approved and confirmed.
WHOA.
Under the emergency, whatever the Secretary of Treasury does, is already approved by Congress.

What's so worrisome about that?

According to page 494 of the U.S. Government Manual, 1993/1994 edition:
"In addition, the Secretary (of Treasury) has many responsibilities as chief financial officer of the Government. The Secretary serves as Chairman pro tempore of the Economic Policy council and as U.S. Governor of the International Monetary Fund, the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, the Inter-American Development Bank, and the African Development Bank."
Federal Law (22 USC 286a(a)) requires the President to appoint the U.S. Governor of the International Monetary Fund.

This appointment is given to the Secretary of the Treasury (see "Legislative History" of Public Law 94-564, page 5942 where Congress is explaining how they are implementing the Bretton-Woods Treaty).

If the President appoints someone to an official office required by law, and that position requires him to control you with powers pre-approved by Congress implemented by a Treaty, don't you think his salary would be paid by his employer?

Title 22 USC Sec. 286(a)(d) Compensation for services
(1) No person shall be entitled to receive any salary or other compensation from the United States for services as a Governor, executive director, councillor, alternate, or associate.
. . .
Whomever the president picks as governor, director, etc, shall not be paid by the U.S. government.
. . .
(2) The United States executive director of the Fund shall not be COMPENSATED BY THE FUND at a rate in excess of the rate provided for an individual occupying a position at level IV of the Executive Schedule under section 5315 of title 5. The United States alternate executive director of the Fund shall not be compensated by the Fund at a rate in excess of the rate provided for an individual occupying a position at level V of the Executive Schedule under section 5316 of title 5.
. . .
Hmmm, all this says is that THE FUND cannot compensate more than a certain grade of pay in the civil service.
It doesn't mention other officers who are compensated by the Fund.
Who is the fiscal agent of the FUND?
. . .
22 U.S. Code § 286d - Federal Reserve banks as depositories
Any Federal Reserve bank which is requested to do so by the Fund or the Bank shall act as its depository or as its FISCAL AGENT, and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System shall supervise and direct the carrying out of these functions by the Federal Reserve banks.
The FISCAL AGENT for the IMF and World Bank is our friends at the Federal Reserve corporation.

See it all now?

Since 1933, the banksters have had pre-approved control over the USA, via the Secretary of Treasury, who shall not be paid by the U.S. government for his services as U.S. governor, etc, etc.

MAYBE TRUMP IS PLANNING TO KICK THEM TO THE CURB !!!!

Old 12-20-2016, 11:33 AM

14,950 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatandFlat View Post
You got to admit that its a little odd. No?

Considering the source, I'd say it's more manufactured baloney from a left wing rag.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:37 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Could Trump even deny/not use the Secret Service and opt for his own protection? Is that even allowed (assuming this ridiculous "report" is true)?

Old 12-20-2016, 02:35 PM

638 posts, read 310,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
The Secret Service is the very epitome of loyalty. I actually had the pleasure of knowing a member of the Secret Service and have never encountered a person of greater honor. His family lived down the street from me when I lived in Maryland, and he was on duty in the West Wing the morning of September 11th. It's hard for me to reconcile your characterization of the Secret Service as untrustworthy with the man I personally knew. These are people with incredible personal integrity who take an oath to protect the president. You should be ashamed of yourself for portraying them in a negative light.
Like I said, liberals don't understand. As for our CURRENT Secret Service? I wouldn't let those hapless idiots guard my lawn ornaments at this point. Maybe when Trump builds a decent team he'll use them. As for now when you let multiple people jump the fence, and some crazy flying a Wyle E. Coyote special land in the front yard, you're worthless as a security professional, period. Trump has absolutely no obligation to be loyal to THEM. It works the other way around.

Old 12-20-2016, 02:46 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanMadden View Post
Like I said, liberals don't understand. As for our CURRENT Secret Service? I wouldn't let those hapless idiots guard my lawn ornaments at this point. Maybe when Trump builds a decent team he'll use them. As for now when you let multiple people jump the fence, and some crazy flying a Wyle E. Coyote special land in the front yard, you're worthless as a security professional, period. Trump has absolutely no obligation to be loyal to THEM. It works the other way around.
The Secret Service is an honorable group of men and a few women who take a solemn oath to protect the president at all costs, and I respect them for performing a job that puts them at great personal risk. I'm a bit stunned that you as a conservative would criticize my admiration for anybody who places himself in the line of fire for the good of our nation.

Old 12-20-2016, 03:03 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,417,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"President-elect Donald Trump has continued employing a private security and intelligence team at his victory rallies, and he is expected to keep at least some members of the team after he becomes president, according to people familiar with the plans."

Trump private security force ‘playing with fire’ - POLITICO
Good find...I read that Politico article last night while taking a break from Christmas shopping.

The article points out that while Presidential candidates do contract their own security services, every single presidential candidate who qualifies for Secret Service protection terminates their own security and relies only on the Secret Service for protection.

The article also points out that by law, only the SS agents are allowed to carry firearms around the president (or in this case, the president-elect). Keith Schiller and the rest are simply running around unarmed, and (according to sources cited in the article) Schiller actually blocked a potential escape route when some one once rushed the stage at a Trump rally. Trump's security force is tolerated by the Secret Service, but these guys aren't actually helping protect the president-elect.

I can think of only a few reasons why President-elect Trump still keeps Schiller and the others around.

One is that Ken Schiller functions as Trump's personal assistant and gatekeeper. Right now, if you want to contact Trump, you have to call Schiller - he's the one around the president-elect with a cell phone used for such purposes. Again, that's from the Politico article.

Another is that Trump may feel loyalty to some of the security guards on his staff. They've been around him for years, if not decades.

Finally, the Secret Service agents assigned to Trump are there to keep him safe, and only that. For all other matters, including roughing up and removing pesky protesters, there's Schiller and company. The SS Agents can't and won't do Trump's bidding in such instances.

One more thing - Keith Schiller and company are not thugs. The correct term is corporate goons.

Old 12-20-2016, 03:28 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,700,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Has there ever been another president that maintained their own private security in addition to the Secret Service?
Yes, Richard Nixon, after he left office, signed off of USSS protection and retained his own security.

There is a law that says only the USSS will provide security for the POTUS. When agents or officers from other agencies get drafted to assist at a function or on travel, they work at the direction of the USSS.

That said, the USSS is only responsible for the President, VP, their families, the White House and a few other people and places (like embassies). They are not responsible for protecting things like corporate airplanes, office buildings, private homes and other private places - unless the POTUS is physically there. If Mr. Trump wants those things secured, he's going to have to retain his own security people to keep them secured.

(Leave it to Mother Jones to think that means the Oval Office is going to have Trump guards outside... )

Old 12-20-2016, 03:32 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,700,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Trump has a point - the Secret Service is part of the TREASURY...
It was back in the good ol' days, but alas, the USSS was assumed by the Department of Homeland Security pursuant to the Patriot Act following 9/11.

And every USSS agent I know wishes it still was part of Treasury...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies