Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2016, 10:04 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Yeah, and Trump, man of the people, needs a tower?

Indeed. AND a gold potty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Man of the people needs 9 bedrooms to accommodate his small family.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/26/us...ouse.html?_r=0

As a Trump supporter - do you really not see the hypocrisy of this post?

His entire family gave their 60 minute interview setting on little gold thrones.

And yet you believe he will help the 'little guy'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Foreign governments and Wall Street Corporations paid Bill and Hillary Clinton exorbitant speaking fees to gain access and favors from Hillary because she was the presumptive next President of the United States. Obama has no such power, certainly not within his Democrat party or on the world stage.

I predict within a year Obama will be so irrelevant he will be calling news organizations begging to be interviewed, but I don't expect to see him on TV or quoted much, if at all.
And I predict that you will be very, very wrong.

Even Raygun got exorbitant speaking fees and he was pretty much in the throes of dementia by the time he left office.

He is beloved on the World stage and treated like a rock star in other countries.

Unlike the orange clown that the world is already making fun of.

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
Wow, liberals sure are racist.
Did you happen to catch the title of this thread?

Obama to rent $6M 9 bedroom home in wealthy, white neighborhood next month

Isn't the OP a racist?

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Article says they bought a house in CA & Hawaii, but won't be moving to CA until Sasha (15 yrs old) graduates from her current HS.

Unless things have changed since a family member of mine was in the secret service, the secret service agents don't have sleep overs. They work on shifts.
And they stay in the walls, which is why they don't need any rooms for monitors or anything.

Old 12-20-2016, 10:05 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hopefully they will decorate it with that jungle junk which Mooch used to decorate the WH. Time for that stuff to be cleaned out of there.
Congratulations.

This is a Top Ten contender for one of the most racist remarks I have encountered on this forum.

Architectural Digest did a nice photo spread on the Obama's personal quarters as they do for every administration. The Obama's private space is timeless, tasteful and traditional.

The Obama Family's Stylish Private World Inside the White House | Architectural Digest

Old 12-20-2016, 10:05 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
We know how he can afford to live in a "tower," he earned his wealth by building an empire worth billions of dollars.

0bama wrote two autobiographies about his unaccomplished life.
Interesting. If President Obama is unaccomplished, that doesn't say much for the rest of us, does it?

Old 12-20-2016, 10:06 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Foreign governments and Wall Street Corporations paid Bill and Hillary Clinton exorbitant speaking fees to gain access and favors from Hillary because she was the presumptive next President of the United States. Obama has no such power, certainly not within his Democrat party or on the world stage.

I predict within a year Obama will be so irrelevant he will be calling news organizations begging to be interviewed, but I don't expect to see him on TV or quoted much, if at all.
When history looks back on the accomplishments of 0bama as president, debt, poverty, stagnant economy, increased domestic racial disharmony, China expansion in the South China Sea, the rise to power of ISIL, genocide in the Mid East, failed foreign policies, and no lasting positive achievements... what would there be for people to find find the merit in anything he has to say, on any topic?

Old 12-20-2016, 10:11 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
During the so called prosperity of the 50's ( ignoring the 3 recessions) 20% of the US population lived in dire poverty. Many probably did not realize the Great Depression ended in the 40's because their lives did not improve.
The environment of tbe Great Depression did not end during the 40's, it ended during the boom of the 50's, which the US enjoyed in substantial part to it being the only major economy in the world that had not had its infrastructure and productive capacity destroyed by WWII. The US was for all practical purposes, the only game in town.

Old 12-20-2016, 10:13 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I think the Obamas are doing what a lot of parents do for their children, putting them first. They have a younger daughter still in high school and another taking a gap year before heading to university. This is the first time in eight years that they'll have some semblance of the family life that so many others of us enjoy. If there is one thing for which the Obamas deserve respect from both liberals and conservatives alike, it is this: they have set a good example as both a couple and as parents. They deserve this time together as a family wherever they choose to live.
Nice post.

Even if one looks at the location as sort of 'do as I say, not as I do' re policies he wants for others living situations, what the POTUS sees as best for his family should outweigh anything else. The White House has to be just about the ultimate fishbowl, and I think even vehement detractors can agree that he loves his wife and his daughters and wants what is best for them. Given the timing of all of the other things going on in their lives as a family, I also think Malia was wise to take a gap year.

Old 12-20-2016, 10:15 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
He did write a couple of books and is the ultimate inside trader.
Inside trading?

His rather relatively modest wealth is not in a so- called blind trust. Instead, it's been invested in Treasuries to avoid creating a potential perception of a conflict of interest. His tax returns have been public information, all along.

That Obama has avoided behaviors that create creating perceptions of a conflict of interest, has not prevented fake news some from claiming otherwise.

People believe anything when it seems to validate their perceptions.

Old 12-20-2016, 10:18 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamebird98 View Post
I'm surprised he doesn't move back to Chicago....beings he is so proud of there.
I wonder what they will do with that house in Hyde Park? Rent it out? Leave the situation as is? Sell it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies