Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2016, 01:54 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times

Advertisements

I wonder if lower class (working poor and minorities) have figured out that Obama is probably the farthest from them of any President in their lifetime. He is more elitist than GW Bush, much more. Did he EVER step foot in a poor neighborhood in 8 years? For work or vacation?

Look at Jimmy Carter. Now that is a man of the people. Obama would have a long way to go to be half the man Jimmy Carter is.

Old 12-20-2016, 01:56 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmm. Nope.
exactly.

Old 12-20-2016, 01:57 PM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I wonder if lower class (working poor and minorities) have figured out that Obama is probably the farthest from them of any President in their lifetime. He is more elitist than GW Bush, much more. Did he EVER step foot in a poor neighborhood in 8 years? For work or vacation?

Look at Jimmy Carter. Now that is a man of the people. Obama would have a long way to go to be half the man Jimmy Carter is.
Most Presidents aren't really, "men of the people". Why would any man with means vacation in a poor area? I'm middle class and I would never vacation in a poor area, not if I have any say in it. Honestly, I don't care where the President goes for his vacations. Not my business. You shouldn't make it yours.

Old 12-20-2016, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Most Presidents aren't really, "men of the people". Why would any man with means vacation in a poor area? I'm middle class and I would never vacation in a poor area, not if I have any say in it. Honestly, I don't care where the President goes for his vacations. Not my business. You shouldn't make it yours.
Since Obama was the first African American that we elected (yes WE, I voted for the man twice) I think he could have blazed a new path don't you?

He was an absolute disappointment. Weak, terrible leader and I believe he thinks he's just a little above all Americans. His eyes have always been on his stature in the world, not in this country.

I was actually excited for him when he won in '08. I thought here is a guy who will inspire minorities, go out into their neighborhoods and talk to them directly and DO SOMETHING about their plight.

Nope, golf at Martha's Vineyard with the elite. That is where you will find him. Or speaking at some liberal, Ivy League University.

What a waste of 8 years for this country and our debt doubled with NOTHING in return.

Old 12-20-2016, 02:01 PM

Quote:

google is amazing.
http://www.leadertelegram.com/News/D...spiration.html

http://www.leadertelegram.com/image/...ma-Katrina.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-20-2016 at 02:19 PM.. Reason: copyright

Old 12-20-2016, 02:04 PM

Oh good, he stepped foot in one. Awesome. Even dressed down for it I see.

I remember Jimmy Carter building houses during his vacations. I remember Jimmy Carter building houses for Habitat For Humanity since he retired. In fact he is still active in helping poor people improve their lives.

Old 12-20-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Since Obama was the first African American that we elected (yes WE, I voted for the man twice) I think he could have blazed a new path don't you?

He was an absolute disappointment. Weak, terrible leader and I believe he thinks he's just a little above all Americans. His eyes have always been on his stature in the world, not in this country.

I was actually excited for him when he won in '08. I thought here is a guy who will inspire minorities, go out into their neighborhoods and talk to them directly and DO SOMETHING about their plight.

Nope, golf at Martha's Vineyard with the elite. That is where you will find him. Or speaking at some liberal, Ivy League University.

What a waste of 8 years for this country and our debt doubled with NOTHING in return.
why can't we hold all presidents to this same expectation? They are, in fact, the presidents of minorities too. Why haven't we called out any white presidents for not "inspiring" minorities? And the reality is, Obama couldn't even say "Trayvon could have been my son" without all the snowflakes crying that he's dividing "us". Any time Obama even remotely did anything regarding blacks people started to ***** and moan about division. Don't play stupid. What exactly did you expect Obama to do. The bolded wreaks of "I expected Obama to make them pull their pants up and stop crime"...I might be wrong, but that's how it reads to me. This sounds like another example of people thinking blacks are lemmings and just follow what our "leaders tell us to do"...when it's clearly not the case. I speak these codes rather well.

Old 12-20-2016, 02:12 PM

Quote:

I remember Jimmy Carter building houses during his vacations. I remember Jimmy Carter building houses for Habitat For Humanity since he retired. In fact he is still active in helping poor people improve their lives.
http://www3.pictures.stylebistro.com...bPkD223JDl.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-20-2016 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: copyright

Old 12-20-2016, 02:13 PM

384 posts, read 434,782 times
Quote:

No one can be compared to Jimmy Carter, not Bill Clinton nor any of the Bushes. He is just an exceptional individual.
I don't get what people expect from former presidents.
Obama as a young man will continue working and thus will continue living in very nice houses.
Get over it already or prepare to seethe for 30 years or so...

Old 12-20-2016, 02:14 PM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:

I voted for the man twice, and I wouldn't take my vote back. I haven't found him to be weak. What I have found is nothing but alot of complaining from other people. Okay, so he goes to Martha's Vineyard. Good for him. I wish I could go.

He hasn't just spoken at some Ivy League universities. He's spoken at HBCUs. He certainly inspired me as a Black man. I look at it as "if he can do all of that, so can I".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies