Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 08:34 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Man of the people needs 9 bedrooms to accommodate his small family.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/26/us...ouse.html?_r=0
I bet they will break the lease to be out of Washington as they never expected to be in the same.town as President Trump and being humiliated when almost all his executive orders will be white out or bleached out.

Obama's thought to have another 4 years of ruling with pulling Clinton's strings....

Another major liberal loss. The loss that keeps the winning feel so sweet.

Trump was right...it feels good.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:59 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I bet they will break the lease to be out of Washington as they never expected to be in the same.town as President Trump and being humiliated when almost all his executive orders will be white out or bleached out.

Obama's thought to have another 4 years of ruling with pulling Clinton's strings....

Another major liberal loss. The loss that keeps the winning feel so sweet.

Trump was right...it feels good.
I'll bet you Obama get's invited to more of the really important parties in Washington than Trump does.
You know the kind. Where men and women of good cheer come together and not a room full of sycophants.

Old 12-20-2016, 09:02 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Well it certainly isn't a neighborhood being........class transformed and overcrowded using federal funds and influence either.
Taking the race part out, I agree that the rest of your point, as above, knocks the legs out from under the argument that moving to that street dismisses the hypocrisy....do as I say, not as I do....but I do think that logistics re security and how that security meshes with their near term family life supersedes the hypocrisy issue

Old 12-20-2016, 09:18 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Even if they did, it's their money. I wish I could buy property in the places that they get it. But if they can get it, that is good. It's not hurting me that they have these things. Someone else having access to nice things isn't something that hurts me. Myself not having access to that is something I personally have to work on. I work for a living, so I still have a chance.

Old 12-20-2016, 09:28 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,170 times
How do these career politicians have so much money? It didn't used to be the case. Can anyone explain this to me?

Old 12-20-2016, 09:30 PM

1,850 posts, read 820,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Well, isn't he diversifying that neighborhood?
It's true, before him the neighborhood only had intelligent people in it.

Old 12-20-2016, 09:32 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
It's true, before him the neighborhood only had intelligent people in it.
Wow! The profundity is overwhelming.

Old 12-20-2016, 09:33 PM

1,850 posts, read 820,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
How do these career politicians have so much money? It didn't used to be the case. Can anyone explain this to me?
Yeah, sure. People who love big government (liberals) love it because it puts them in control of trillions of dollars. That means that people line up to lobby them to have the money spent on them, which means that the politicians get favors and gifts. In particular, for example, the tax code is huge political money maker because you get to decide who gets taxed and who doesn't. That's why there are several thousand pages in the code -- it has nothing to do with fairly taxing people, it's literally dozens of books long on how to disproportionately tax people based on how they gave you money. In addition, you could be like Nancy Pelosi and direct government contracts to your husband's companies. So there are many ways to get rich in politics. Add to that people like the Clintons selling their political power illegally and it's a mess. If it bothers you, you should demand smaller government, where politicians have much less power.

Old 12-20-2016, 10:42 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Man of the people needs 9 bedrooms to accommodate his small family.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/26/us...ouse.html?_r=0

That is their money so why is it our business. Why does Trump need to go home to NY every weekend which he said he would do....because the white house accommodations is inferior to the life in Trump towers. Instead of focusing on the Obama's, why not focus on what us taxpayers have to pay for Trump

Old 12-20-2016, 10:50 PM

134 posts, read 73,818 times
Liberals love to flee from the problems they create.

That's why these ultra wealthy diversity loving Whites live in 100% White gated communities sending their kids to 100% White schools.

And then when the working class fights back against immigrants - you know the people who don't have the money to flee from the liberals ideas - they are the racists and xenophobes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies