Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 07:40 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Trump is going to clean out the garbage in the justice department, state department, treasury department, CIA, pentagon, etc.

They are filled with career civil servants who are liberal democrooks and left-leaning lunatics.

Most of them can't be fired, but they can be sidelined while competent people take over their jobs.

All of these agencies are bloated with fat and could be run with 1/10th the number of people in them.
Yeah that makes sense, he is going to hire more career civil service because he doesn't like some of the present employees? Will he do the same for their managers, create entire mirror offices.

My guess is that he is all bluster, the civil service system certainly needs reform but just hiring more people will accomplish nothing. They can't fire people that aren't doing their job now, address that if he wants to impress.

Old 12-21-2016, 07:45 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yeah that makes sense, he is going to hire more career civil service because he doesn't like some of the present employees? Will he do the same for their managers, create entire mirror offices.

My guess is that he is all bluster, the civil service system certainly needs reform but just hiring more people will accomplish nothing. They can't fire people that aren't doing their job now, address that if he wants to impress.
If they can't fire people, then I don't know how you insert competent people without sidelining the incompetent ones and replacing them.

But maybe you have some suggestions....

One possibility. Just create whole new departments and close the existing ones. I'm sure they've gotten rid of quite a few departments in the past. Once your department is gone, you're out.

Sounds good to me.

Another solution: Trump's appointees know who the good people are and will assign them to do the real work while the rest are put in back offices to shuffle paper around.

Old 12-21-2016, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
If they can't fire people, then I don't know how you insert competent people without sidelining the incompetent ones and replacing them.

But maybe you have some suggestions....
Reform the civil service system so they can actually hold people responsible. A large majority of federal workers are hard working but there are too many protections for incompetent or lazy people. Take away hundreds of federal unions or at least let them fund themselves rather than taxpayers.

https://apps3.opm.gov/portal/pls/por..._cnv_actv.show

Old 12-21-2016, 08:00 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,562,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
An unusually high number of junior-level civil servants in the U.S. National Security Council are looking for other jobs over concerns about President-elect Donald Trump’s choice for national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, according to current and former officials who spoke with The Guardian.

Report: NSC Facing Staff Exodus Over Michael Flynn
Flynn is more than ten years younger than the average NSC staff member. They're not quite the junior-level one would expect in the private sector outside of defense contracting. It's not uncommon to work in an office where most every analyst would be considered retirement age or much older.

Old 12-21-2016, 08:07 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
demonstrates early national security gaffe - and portends things to come - amateurs at work.
So, nothing....that flynn had anything to do with....

Old 12-21-2016, 08:17 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Reform the civil service system so they can actually hold people responsible. A large majority of federal workers are hard working but there are too many protections for incompetent or lazy people. Take away hundreds of federal unions or at least let them fund themselves rather than taxpayers.

https://apps3.opm.gov/portal/pls/por..._cnv_actv.show
Sounds good to me.

I don't think the courts would let it happen, though.

Old 12-21-2016, 08:36 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, nothing....that flynn had anything to do with....
I'm assuming he's got Trump's ear before Trump starts spouting off to China.

Are you saying Trump is free-wheeling this as usual?

Even more alarming.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:14 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,456,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infostream View Post
everybody wants to cut govt until its a job in their district...or its a service that they need. frankly, i hope trump does cut it..sick of the welfare southern states living off of the tax largesse of the urban enclaves...
This...I wish they stopped looking at the military as a jobs program to bump up failing local economies...We could probably slash tons from the budget if they made a missile in one spot instead of servicing parts from ten different locations to placate some pork for some Congressman.

Old 12-21-2016, 12:32 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
I would say it's more like when an NFL team fires a coach and promotes a very good defensive coordinator to his position, just because you excelled at as a defensive coach doesn't mean you were cut out to be head coach.

Same with Flynn, from the comments I have seen from Petraeus and others praising Flynn was a security analyst but that doesn't mean he belongs in charged of anything. You cannot dismiss his crazy comments and history, he also seems to have a vendetta against the CIA, he should not be in charge of the NSA and KT McFarland doesn't belong their either.
You didnt mention his private security ties to Turkey he failed to reveal or the relationship w Russia

The duplicitous nature of Trump and his cadre is flaming in front of everone's eyes
He would have shot Clinton down in flames if Podesta had the same trashy history dogging his coattails like Flynn and some others have
But he has a different standard applied to his behavior and his aides'

Listening to new biography "Hitler:the Assent" for Trump's doppleganger

And the trial Hitler went through when he and his buddies tried a putsch (overthrow) of the government in '23 I think showed that the judge and legal system had too much sympathy for Hitler to apply the law fairly--he got a slap on the wrist and favored treatment in Lansdowne prison..
I imagine the consequences of Trump's egregiously bad policies snd behavior on his and his cadre's part would have to be really really bad...maybe worse than 9/11...for them to be held accountable...

Old 12-21-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
You didnt mention his private security ties to Turkey he failed to reveal or the relationship w Russia

The duplicitous nature of Trump and his cadre is flaming in front of everone's eyes
He would have shot Clinton down in flames if Podesta had the same trashy history dogging his coattails like Flynn and some others have
But he has a different standard applied to his behavior and his aides'

Listening to new biography "Hitler:the Assent" for Trump's doppleganger

And the trial Hitler went through when he and his buddies tried a putsch (overthrow) of the government in '23 I think showed that the judge and legal system had too much sympathy for Hitler to apply the law fairly--he got a slap on the wrist and favored treatment in Lansdowne prison..
I imagine the consequences of Trump's egregiously bad policies snd behavior on his and his cadre's part would have to be really really bad...maybe worse than 9/11...for them to be held accountable...
We will see how his policies turn out, most of his selections are decent but these picks at NSA are a real lemons. KT McFarland is another one, hasn't done anything since the Reagan administration when she was a speech writer for Caspar Weinberger. Since then she has been a Fox News contributor as an "Intelligence Expert" which basically amounted to just stating that everything Obama did was wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies