Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 07:58 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,964,197 times

Advertisements

Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Non-PC statements that are harmless except to the snowflake liberals:

Illegal immigrant- It's dehumanizing. We don't slap the label "illegal" on other law-breakers
Merry Christmas- NO ONE FINDS THIS OFFENSIVE. Some of us prefer to say "Happy Holidays" to be more inclusive, but no one actually thinks Merry Christmas is offensive
Islamic terrorist- This one is intentionally divisive. As long as we accept that the act is terrorism, that should be enough. Do you want Dylan Roof labeled a Christian terrorist?
All lives matter - All Lives Matter exist ONLY as a rebuke of Black Lives Matter.
God bless America- It's a pretty crappy song (America the Beautiful is much, much better) but the phrase doesn't offend people
In God we trust - no one complains about this, but they could. Believing in the establishment clause of the first amendment isn't PC, it's American.
One nation, under God

Straight pride- Again, this exists only as a rebuke of gay pride. I'm straight, and I spend absolutely zero time thinking about my straightness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2016, 08:03 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,414,580 times
This election gave us Alex Baldwin's incredibly accurate Donald Trump impersonation.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:06 PM

57 posts, read 23,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Conservatives will be forced to frame Obama's terms in a much more positive light as they give up their obstructionism and let Trump get away with the same things they tried to crucify Obama for.
What obstuctionism? Oh you mean putting on a 3 day dog and pony show to make believe that they were representing their constituents and then caving to Obama giving him everything

I guess whatever makes you sleep well there Edward.....

Old 12-20-2016, 08:10 PM

809 posts, read 747,007 times
No benefit here.

We just elected a sociopath or a psychopath to be the most powerful person on our planet.

Nice job voting 'merica. Heh heh heh (dubya reference)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzmark View Post
So sick and tired of seeing, reading, hearing, overhearing, conversating and watching negative things about this election.

I'll take the stand and be the first one to say that I think its interesting to have such a different person in the Whitehouse. I think we could all benefit from this in some fashion or another.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:16 PM

772 posts, read 390,633 times
Positive Things about this election:

America First!
Creation/retention of jobs
The death of the PC culture
America will be respected around the world again
Serious effort by our government to destroy Islamic terrorism
Border control
School Choice

Old 12-20-2016, 08:22 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Obama proved that America could elect a black President.
Trump proved a non politician can become a President.

And if Trump does as well as I think he will he might make it impossible for a career politician to ever win the Presidency again.

Old 12-21-2016, 07:16 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Bold
It's against the TOS to put your comments inside someone elses quotes. Take the time to do it one by one if you feel that your "message" is so important.

Everything that you wrote is part of the reason the left didn't win. They are too scared to call a spade a spade and then come up with silly excuses as to why they can't. I don't care if illegals are offended by calling them what they are. I don't care if Islamic terrorists are offended by calling them what they are. I don't care if you think it's offensive that straight people can have pride too, and I really do not give one iota of a damn if you hate the fact that all lives matter.

As for positive: Trump won, Hillary did NOT.

Old 12-21-2016, 07:48 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Non-PC statements that are harmless except to the snowflake liberals:

Illegal immigrant
Merry Christmas
Islamic terrorist
All lives matter
God bless America
In God we trust
One nation, under God
Straight pride

Oh my ! Where is my therapy puppy , ice cream and safe zone...

Old 12-21-2016, 08:01 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Quote:
I've never understood the argument against political correctness. Do you feel that you should be able to express regressive bigoted views without being called on it? Do you believe civility and decency are bad things?
I agree with this, I absolutely DO...
But at some point, there has to be an end game. Surely you can see how some people could abuse the system?

I could say someone is pretty.. seems simple enough, its nice and polite.. but eventually SOMEONE could take offense to that simple, innocent phrase.. Someone could call me a bigot for using that simple phrase... they don't see how THEIR LABEL is FAR WORSE than my label.

PC folks that abuse the system don't see the hypocrisy in calling someone a name for calling someone a name..

I find it offensive to use the word Racist.. i do. some folks no doubt fit the mold but IMO it is god awful to use that word.. But for some reason the word itself has not made it to the list of PC 'bad' words.. go figure but you know the irony is that one day it probably WILL and the PC folks don't even realize it! The joke is on them.

Old 12-21-2016, 08:05 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
I've got a positive thing- it shows that one party can never stay in power for too long. Liberals were convinced republicans would never win the presidency again.

And now Republicans are convinced that Democrats will never win the presidency again; hence the numerous threads referencing same.

Quote:
I've never understood the argument against political correctness. Do you feel that you should be able to express regressive bigoted views without being called on it? Do you believe civility and decency are bad things?
Did you see the townhall with Bernie? Yes, that is exactly what they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatandFlat View Post
True. Governing is much harder than obstructing. January 20 its on them.

I can't wait to see how they do at actually governing. They are already caught flatfooted on Obamacare cause they got the 'repeal' part down but exactly NOTHING to 'replace'.

The party of NO and no ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Republicans have come around on gay marriage considering how many of them want to be carried away by that charming, manly man Putin...

Excellent point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
This election gave us Alex Baldwin's incredibly accurate Donald Trump impersonation.

Yes! Political skits on SNL in general and Kate McKinnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Oh my ! Where is my therapy puppy , ice cream and safe zone...
Were you triggered by someone criticizing your Dear Leader?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies