Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2016, 08:21 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trix09 View Post
brilliant marketing by mtv.

i didnt even think about mtv until i saw some white guy whining about this ad.
Yep.

They've taken a page from the Trump playbook - say something stupid or offensive and guarantee free coverage/advertising for days.

Of course the poor wittle persecuted snowflakes won't be able to see that, blinded as they are by outrage.

Old 12-21-2016, 08:22 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
We see threads on this forum day after day after day telling Blacks, women, etc. how they should feel, act, respond, etc.

Someone secure in his masculinity and/or belief system would just shrug off the nonsense spouted in the video but clearly it touched some sort of nerve.

Trying to understand how this could possibly be important in the larger scheme, but I've got nothing.
Well, you're obviously paying attention to "threads on this forum day after day after day telling Blacks, women, etc. how they should feel, act, respond, etc."

So what's okay for you to do should be equally okay for someone else to do.

Old 12-21-2016, 08:23 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Yep.

They've taken a page from the Trump playbook - say something stupid or offensive and guarantee free coverage/advertising for days.

Of course the poor wittle persecuted snowflakes won't be able to see that, blinded as they are by outrage.

You seem to be blinded by outrage over the outrage.

Old 12-21-2016, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
There is no white privilege.
And there is no male privilege.

The only "privilege" that exists is female privilege and people of color privilege.

When it comes to hiring, promotion and government contracting, females and people of color are what is wanted, not white males.
So if we were to look at the actual breakdown of each group in the workforce we would see a majority of women and people of color?

Prove it.

Old 12-21-2016, 08:27 AM

1,378 posts, read 737,501 times
Quote:
Philosophy: Plato, Aristotle, Descartes, Kant, Hegel, etc.

Literature: Homer, Shakespeare, Balzac, Dostoevsky, Tolstoy, etc.

Art: Michelangelo, Da Vinci, Van Gogh, Monet, etc.

Music: Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Brahms, etc.

Math and Science: Euclid, Newton, Einstein, Darwin, Kepler, Copernicus, etc.

Politics: Locke, Jefferson, Madison, etc.

Exploration: Marco Polo, Columbus, etc.

Conquest: Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar, Charlemagne, Napoleon, etc.

Economics: Smith, Ricardo, Keynes, etc.

^^^^^ Where "white male privilege" comes from....it's earned.
Well i wouldn't count any of the spanish or italians there.

As for the rest, who knows what we would have had, if the spanish and people from these other cultures hadn't destroyed the literature and culture of the peoples that they conquered. Just because it is not there, doesn't mean that it didn't exist.

Old 12-21-2016, 08:28 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times
It's really nothing more than a rallying cry of the left. It's all they've ever had, hatred.

Old 12-21-2016, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I just did a quick google search, it looks like the definition of privilege is

a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group of people.

If this is the definition, then I don't think white male privilege really exists. But this is just my opinion.

I do believe blonde children get noticed more, but that is not really "privilege". White European look seems to be the global beauty standard, not sure if that is a privilege. Maybe not.
This white man believes that it does:

United Way CEO: When I became aware of my white privilege - CNNMoney

As does this one:

How Being Mistaken for Mexican Exposed My White Privilege | Phoenix New Times

Old 12-21-2016, 08:30 AM

19,626 posts, read 12,222,208 times
You can apply privilege to almost anything. How about height privilege, age privilege, ask a five foot tall man how he gets treated, or sixty year old invisible woman looking for a job interviewed by millennials. Life just isn't always fair or equal.

US is not the worst place by far for minorities, not the worst for young women who are doing better academically than males right now and affirmative action as helped a lot of people of color. No one is addressing age discrimination, and it is pretty blatant. How about youth privilege, liberal privilege, STEM privilege, it can go on and on. White privilege is kind of passe and overly broad - as they love to say it isn't the fifties anymore.

Old 12-21-2016, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Well, you're obviously paying attention to "threads on this forum day after day after day telling Blacks, women, etc. how they should feel, act, respond, etc."

So what's okay for you to do should be equally okay for someone else to do.
I'm not the one arguing otherwise.
That would be the OP.

Old 12-21-2016, 08:33 AM

Quote:
You seem to be blinded by outrage over the outrage.
Nope.
Just greatly amused.

It's adorable when the snowflakes come out of the woodwork.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies