Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 08:06 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,960,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dirty87 View Post
MTV has not been relevant since music was still good..... so about 20 yrs now
MTV sucks but anyone who asserts that music (the entire art form) stopped being good 20 years ago should just admit that they outgrew modern pop music and are too lazy to keep up with the good stuff.

Old 12-20-2016, 10:55 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Typical liberal response . No substance to your argument . Resulting in name calling or insulting someone you know nothing about. Move along now . You guys are a dime a dozen.
I did not call you any name or insult you. Not sure what you are talking about. I wished you luck in finding a job. Is that an insult now? WOW!

Old 12-20-2016, 11:01 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Black people invented rock and roll.
Nope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgdufzXvjqw

Quote:
And quite a few machines.
One anyway.

BBC World Service - Outlook, I invented the Super Soaker

Old 12-20-2016, 11:11 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,242,132 times
Such racist garbage from MTV....no different than what KKK would produce if they had a network.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:13 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I understand the message they are sending; just wish they used 'some people' instead of "white guys"

Also, I do believe Blue Lives Matter. There are a lot of people in this country believe that they can judge others based on their career choices.
This is their 2016 Version of Beavis and Butthead with sisters this time.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:21 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
How cool and hip. White male, preferred scapegoat of the left. Would love to see anyone try to make a vid like this of ANY other "group".. Anyone care to guess what the response would be?

No one cares what MTV thinks. I would rather watch You Tube videos of BLM Protesters getting run over blocking Highways.

Old 12-21-2016, 12:30 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,329,485 times
Can someone paraphrase this so I dont have to sit through a few minutes of anything mtv puts out. They have helped ruin western and american popular culture.

We went from sinatra, bob dylan, the beatles, james brown, kerouac and the beats, playboy clubs ,coffeehouse and intellectual culture and jazz to crap like kanye ,beyonce, taylor swift ,justin beiber, britney etc . Depressing to think about really

Old 12-21-2016, 12:45 AM

638 posts, read 310,278 times
I learned of this watching Tucker Carlson. All it proves is some forms of racism are still socially acceptable. So when the left talks about racism being an existential problem in this country, my response is "Well then stop creating it."

Because the net result of this type of video isn't just creating anti-white racism. It also creates racism in general. Because shockingly enough, many white people that watch this won't say "Oh that's FUNNY. Hey, c'mon over tomorrow and let's hang out. I'd love to get bashed for my color in person.".... to their non-white friends and acquaintances.

No, it merely creates hatred toward the races that created it. That's the part the left doesn't seem to get. Racism is a cancer, and when a little cancer pops up in one place, it spreads to others. You stop it by removing ALL of it. Not some of it. You don't leave the parts of the cancer in you feel are justified. You remove it all. That's how it stops.

Someday, maybe, the left might begin to understand that. Then we can truly stomp out racism. Until then, on with the hate.

Old 12-21-2016, 04:32 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I have never seen such a retarded video in all my entire life. I wouldn't be surprised if Obama directed it.

Who the hell does MTV think they are and does anyone even watch them? That channel has been infiltrated by liberals a long time ago and is essentially a useless channel that no one watches.

Reports are that MTV is not attempting to delete every copy and block it after backlash.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuOGf1iuLEA

Oh look, MTV is trying to pretend it's relevant again.

Fail.

Old 12-21-2016, 04:45 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
MTV sucks but anyone who asserts that music (the entire art form) stopped being good 20 years ago should just admit that they outgrew modern pop music and are too lazy to keep up with the good stuff.
"Pop music" and "good stuff" are mutually exclusive concepts.

Not that there isn't any good new music, but most of it can't be described as "pop".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies