Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 09:46 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
So how long before Trump gets the United States into a war or conflict?
With in 12 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2016, 09:47 AM

14,765 posts, read 8,093,254 times
Well, Trump has already said that he will bomb the s#%t out of ISIS

Quote:
"ISIS is making a tremendous amount of money because they have certain oil camps, certain areas of oil that they took away," Trump said.
He continued: "They have some in Syria, some in Iraq. I would bomb the s--- out of 'em. I would just bomb those suckers. That's right. I'd blow up the pipes. ... I'd blow up every single inch. There would be nothing left. And you know what, you'll get Exxon to come in there and in two months, you ever see these guys, how good they are, the great oil companies? They’ll rebuild that sucker, brand new — it'll be beautiful."

Donald Trump would 'bomb the **** out of ISIS' - Business Insider
Quote:
"I would knock out the source of their wealth, the primary source of their wealth, which is oil," he told MSNBC. "I would knock the hell out of them, but I'd put a ring around it and I'd take the oil for our country."
Donald Trump Talks About Tackling ISIS | Fortune.com
So....yeah - War then Looting and stealing from the Countries that we just bombed and went to war with.
Class act.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:54 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,070,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
Speaking of our sitting President, what was his personal response to the assassination of the Russian envoy?

He condemned diplomatic security - but not the Islamic terrorist who shot the ambassador.

I haven't looked yet, but what was his response to what happened at the Christmas market in Germany?

The partisan news sites are saying he heard about these things and went to play golf. Tell me he personally made some statement, offered condolences, something as SITTING PRESIDENT.

Personally, I'd rather have someone show some emotion and be PISSED OFF and DO SOMETHING when this kind of stuff happens than to casually blame "security" (or LEO's, or the "Lone Wolf") and then go about their business. It makes us look weak.

Sort of like our negotiations to get our drone back: Quiet, professional and didn't cause an escalation.

And then, after it was all over, the Donald sends out an ignorant tweet (because he hadn't gone to briefing ) and says, "Go ahead and keep our drone". That was an awesome display of machismo. His first global showdown and he melted like a cheap candle.

Old 12-21-2016, 10:08 AM

25,690 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Well, Trump has already said that he will bomb the s#%t out of ISIS

So....yeah - War then Looting and stealing from the Countries that we just bombed and went to war with.
Class act.
Because, of course, ISIS is such an upstanding pillar of the world community. I assume you'd have loved Vlad Țepeș as well.

Old 12-21-2016, 10:11 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,200,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Sort of like our negotiations to get our drone back: Quiet, professional and didn't cause an escalation.

And then, after it was all over, the Donald sends out an ignorant tweet (because he hadn't gone to briefing ) and says, "Go ahead and keep our drone". That was an awesome display of machismo. His first global showdown and he melted like a cheap candle.

Are those the same negotiations that the Chinese "regret" because the US hyped?

US says China will return underwater drone; Trump slams Beijing over incident - CNNPolitics.com

But again, what condolences or words of any kind did our current CIC offer to the family of the Russian ambassador or the families of those killed in Germany?

Old 12-21-2016, 10:11 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times
When was the last time the US was not in a war or conflict?

Old 12-21-2016, 10:14 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
California is ready for any 'war' that orange man might try to wage against it, and New York, California, Maine and Massachusetts are preparing to thumb their nose at Trump's arrogance, it's a little 'gift', the T.R.U.M.P. act (Tax Returns Uniformly Made Public) requiring him to provide his tax returns if he wants his name on the ballot in 2020 in those states.
Shut off Ca's water and power= We win in a week

Old 12-21-2016, 10:23 AM

14,765 posts, read 8,093,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Because, of course, ISIS is such an upstanding pillar of the world community. I assume you'd have loved Vlad Țepeș as well.
No, ofcourse not, but I am not so naive as to think Trump can magically end Isis immediately like he claims he will. People on here were complaining about the bombing in other countries because of our war on terror....I am just saying, it's not going to bet any better. (And after bombing the countries to get rid of the terrorists he says he wants to steal the countries oil - I don't care what happens to the terrorists but
the various countries that they flee to....and all of the ramifications....and then he wants to steal their oil to boot...after dropping bombs on them???)

And our relations with China looks to suffer greatly also, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it end in violence or war.

Old 12-21-2016, 10:44 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
So how long before Trump gets the United States into a war or conflict?

If only Obama had not of prolonged everything with his severely bad judgment.

Old 12-21-2016, 10:48 AM

72,977 posts, read 62,554,457 times
I feel like Trump might provoke the wrong person and get this country into alot more trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies