Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 04:23 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,786,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Liberals a..a.nowadays the word to describe a rabbit/crayon needing person. They are far from getting an ID as they are at the level of kindergarten when it comes to dealing with winning or losing and acting like an adult is unthinkable right now.
Says the person who can't even form a coherent sentence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2016, 04:24 PM

1,850 posts, read 820,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Because the laws typically include reduced voting hours, abolished same day registration, and reduced polling places in minority majority districts: look at Wisconsin and North Carolina. Moreover, Republicans express no interest in funding programs that actually help people receive ID's to vote.
Oh, that's interesting, so if we just present a clean bill requiring voter ID, then I presume you'll be on board?

Old 12-21-2016, 04:25 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,786,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
Oh, that's interesting, so if we just present a clean bill requiring voter ID, then I presume you'll be on board?
Yeah, but Repulican policies always have some hidden racial motive so that will never happen.

Old 12-21-2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Yeah, but Repulican policies always have some hidden racial motive so that will never happen.
People who think that are usually racists.

Old 12-21-2016, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
If our founding fathers wanted you to show an ID when voting, it would have been added.
I agree and add that this is also true for welfare, Social Security, food stamps, Medicare, Medicaid, WIC, unemployment, Obamaphones, health insurance, abortion, and gay marriage. When you're right, you are right.

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
If our founding fathers wanted you to show an ID when voting, it would have been added. Despite what President-elect Snowflake says, voter fraud is virtually nonexistent. Why should you have to show an ID for something that is guaranteed by the constitution. Getting a free turkey is not guaranteed by the constitution nor is anything else that Conservatives like to post.
Then why do I get run through a ringer to buy a firearm? Back ground check, multiple forms of ID. A vote has far more reaching consequences than purchasing a firearm for the average American.

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
I would think it would just make sense to have to show you have an ID. Do they want illegals to vote?
Nothing. Let's have the Federal gov't in charge of a National ID program. Once they've rolled it out to 95% of the population, we can start using it in elections and the like.

Old 12-21-2016, 04:30 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
I've read what Freak80 has posted.

I've also read that in some states, they go out of their way to make it difficult / impossible for the disenfranchised to vote. They'll go to highly populated areas and put in only two booths, for example.

I read something a while back saying that when they were discussing requiring a voter ID, that states would charge $5 for an ID, and if people couldn't afford that, they wouldn't charge at all. They also said they would go to those who couldn't get out.

If that's the case, there's absolutely no excuse not to require an ID. I think there should be a requirement of showing an ID in order to vote.

The problem is, I don't know what to believe anymore.

Old 12-21-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Nothing. Let's have the Federal gov't in charge of a National ID program. Once they've rolled it out to 95% of the population, we can start using it in elections and the like.
They already have one, it's called a Social Security Card. Which, BTW, it was promised would never be used as identification, but of course liberals lied as usual.

Old 12-21-2016, 04:34 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Apparently Putin voted for me so it doesn't matter.

I'd rather have him clean my bathroom but such is life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies