Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 04:08 AM

12,961 posts, read 13,673,944 times

Advertisements

The wealthy sure got their share. They get theirs in good times and bad. Judging from Trump's cabinet picks making money is going to be like daylight robbery, shooting fish in a barrel for those guys. The reason people are living at home with mom is the last time the fat cats made out they took the value out of home ownership.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 04:10 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
The wealthy sure got their share. They get theirs in good times and bad. Judging from Trump's cabinet picks making money is going to be like daylight robbery, shooting fish in a barrel for those guys. The reason people are living at home with mom is the last time the fat cats made out they took the value out of home ownership.

Old 12-22-2016, 04:38 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I don't blame Obama for this. I put blame on Reagan, Clinton and Bush Jr for what is going on. Obama is also part of the problem as well.
Yes.

Remember, one of the first parts of the ACA was enacted because, coming out of 2008, we had so many college grads who were unemployed or underemployed, that they couldn't get health insurance. The ACA extended their coverage under their parents' policies until age 26. I clearly remember the discussions at that time regarding the ACA and the fact that coming out of the 2008 recession, so many college grads were unemployed and uninsured.

At the time I had kids just entering college and I was worried about health coverage for them. I had many friends with recent college grads and very few of them could get a job.

So, while it might not yet be perfect for millenials, at least where I live, the job market has vastly improved for them. I think their pay is lower than it should be compared to college grad salaries of the past, but the job market for them has picked up slowly over the last 8 years. But let's not forget who got us there.

As a parent of two milennials, I am waiting with excitement for Trump to do what Obama could not and create these jobs and put money back into the middle class.

Old 12-22-2016, 05:53 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Yes, it isn't fair to only blame Obama.

Both Republicans, and Democrats took part in dismantling our economy.

Hopefully the establishment politicians won't fight Trump on reversing the policies that are destroying our economy. Who am I kidding, of course they will fight Trump every step of the way.

Exactly. And who can put a time frame on when it started ? Late 60's , 70's ? It's been going on a long time.

Old 12-22-2016, 05:58 AM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I do.

But Obama ran 8 years ago on "Hope & Change".

He delivered Despair and "More of the Same".

And now he blames his failures on Russians and TV programs.
With the repub a-- holes in congress with the brakes on 24-7 sure - they would meet EVEN before the potus presented the deal- and say we shall say -NO- NO and NO - GRIDLOCK at is best - and we the people suffered for that. But as usual it's either a woman's fault or a minority in some form -
one day truth will prevail--
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies