Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 08:48 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Indeed.

Read a fascinating article on how Trump supporters don't care that he lies. What they care about is that they believe he is going move the folks who have been cutting in front of them in line -- women, blacks, Mexicans, Muslims, homosexuals, foreigners ... -- to the back of the line.

The rubes are dusting off their safety goggles, ready to get back to work at those good-paying, low-skilled jobs.

Isn't going to happen. He's already backing away from his infrastructure campaign promises, his "drain the swamp euphemisms," etc.

They don't want to hear it. They want to believe their "champion," "their man of the people," their hero will turn back the clock for them.

Wonder how long it will take them to wake up and smell the coffee.
Sadly, most likely as long as it took Obama's supporters to condemn him for his many lies. Which would be, never.

One can't expect others to do what they themselves will not do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2016, 09:00 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Sadly, most likely as long as it took Obama's supporters to condemn him for his many lies. Which would be, never.

One can't expect others to do what they themselves will not do.
Maybe one can start with some of these questions to begin unraveling some of the root of underlying causes:

11 Questions You Should Ask Libertarians to See if They're Hypocrites | Alternet

Also see 'free market fundamentalism' for insights into D, L, & R ideological focus.

Old 12-24-2016, 09:38 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,959,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Everyday there is a thread here about some pledge that Trump will not keep. FAKE NEWS! The latest is that he is not going to "drain the swamp."

From the horses mouth
I guess whatever comes out of Trumps own mouth is FAKE
I'll buy that

Quote:
"Were going to drain the swamp, of corruption. Funny how that term caught on isn't it? I tell every(one), I hated it! Somebody said Drain the Swamp, I said Oh that's so Hokey, that is so terrible. I said Alright I'll try it. So like a month ago I said Drain The Swamp, place went crazy, I said whoa whats this? Then I said it again, then I starting saying it like I meant it, right? And then I said it I started loving it and the place loved, it's true, it's true."
Quote:
"You've been hearing me say it 's a rigged system, but now I don't say it anymore because I've won, ok, its true, now I don't care, I don't care".
Trump Lets the Truth Come Out Post-Election

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB38DvTV5kc

The fact that Trump loaded up his admin with the Kings of Crony Capitalism instead of successful people that got there through own merits speaks for itself

Old 12-24-2016, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
You can't pass judgment before the man is in office. Come back in 6 months. Oh, have you heard the latest? He is not taking his daily briefings!!!!!!!! We are doomed. Exactly what did Obama do in Syria WITH the daily briefings? And did you know that last year Obama took under 40% of the briefings? Did you once see Poppy Harlow lose sleep over it?
There are a lot of people that switched sides that put policy first over party and voted for Trump over his Drain The Swamp talk. When he loaded his admin up with the Kings of Crony Capitalism instead of successful people that got there through their own merits, he already failed on that. There is no 4 years needed to wait and see when that part of his campaign already failed

Old 12-24-2016, 10:06 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I give up, the political postings are only preaching to the choir and a not convincing the others. This is not about sour grapes, this is not about losing, it is about the survival of our country, freedoms, environment and very species. Those who voted him in and the electors do not know what they have unleashed. You can find legitimate references to all the following, as I have posted for a few weeks.

1) A PEOTUS Trump who is a completely unqualified ******, mentally ill, unstable narcissist, who is becoming increasingly out of touch with reality, ignoring security briefings and tweeting stuff about nuclear weapons and angering world leaders.

2) A very real possibility of nuclear war.

3) A brainwashed cult following the core of which is fully capable of violence and connected to the alt-right, a euphemism for the neo Nazis.

4) Documented connections to Russia and evidence of Russian interference in our elections.

5) A neo Nazi advisor who has come out and stated he wishes to completely destroy the government and is connected to white supremacy groups.

6) An administration of people completely unqualified in positions they disagree with who appear to be the types to carry out governmental destruction of the agencies they are appointed too, destroying all safety, labor, banking environmental regulations etc.

7) Economic destruction from what the administration plans, tax cuts, deficit spending, and trade wars etc.

8) An enabling Congress that is letting the administration do all sorts of fascist things, such as demanding lists of people they disagree with, stating they want to in so many words censor the press, have ethics laws changed to accommodate them.

9) A Congress that refuses to investigate the Russian connections, which are very likely treason, after wasting billions of dollars and decades investigating trivial nonsense about the Clintons.

10) A media that is spreading fake news, and attitude that it is a post truth world and truth doesn't matter, and a public many of whom believe it.

11) An administration that ignored climate change, to the peril of all humanity and appears poised to end all environmental regulations.

12) A Congress that is preparing to pass Paul Ryan's budget, forcing seniors onto overpriced, inadequate health insurance and ending Medicare, and ending Social Security eventually.

13) A racist Attorney General who wishes to defy the 58% of Americans who want marijuana laws ended, and an ending to mass incarceration.

14) A whole slew of angered world leaders and diplomatic problems.

15) A sudden increase in antisemitism and hate crimes."
The ha-ha-ha-we-won-you-lost crowd does not seem to realize that the future of our nation, our world is in the balance.

After all the carrying on about Clinton giving a speech to Goldman Sachs, we will now have Goldman Sach's folks running the joint. Who can see that turning out well for the common folk?

Old 12-24-2016, 10:07 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I am glad you at least perused the list of 28.

You are confusing Trump's proposals with Obama in 2009:

Obama's lobbyist rule: Promise Broken | PolitiFact

They are business leaders, special interests are lobbyists. They all had to sign anti-lobbying agreements.
He should have not chosen who he did because you don't like it? Sorry Trump did not consult with you first.

Trump has made billions without first being president. Unlike the Clinton's who only made money after being in the white house.
The fact that you think those 'anti-lobbying' agreements are enforceable is . . sweet.

And NO - draining the swamp does not include bring on many Goldman Sachs executives; especially when Trump condemned anyone who had connection with same.

You must twist yourself into a pretzel to continue trying to believe in what your DL lied to you about.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
The "Trump backed off" crowd just had their hat handed to them.
'Swamp' Thing: Newt recants claim Trump is ditching anti-corruption vow | Fox News

I dunno. Maybe the liberals can revive the "War on Women" meme. That worked for a few minutes.
The drain the swamp was election rhetoric Trump stumbled upon to draw in more voters.
He admitted this himself

"Were going to drain the swamp, of corruption. Funny how that term caught on isn't it? I tell every(one), I hated it! Somebody said Drain the Swamp, I said Oh that's so Hokey, that is so terrible. I said Alright I'll try it. So like a month ago I said Drain The Swamp, place went crazy, I said whoa whats this? Then I said it again, the I starting saying it like I meant it, right? And then I said it I started loving it and the place loved, it's true, it's true."

Old 12-24-2016, 10:09 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
There are a lot of people that switched sides that put policy first over party and voted for Trump over his Drain The Swamp talk. When he loaded his admin up with the Kings of Crony Capitalism instead of successful people that got there through their own merits, he already failed on that. There is no 4 years needed to wait and see when that part of his campaign already failed
Exactly.

I think we all know that the die hard Trump worshipers aren't going to turn on their new orange god, regardless of what he does.

There are, however, a lot of people who voted for this man because they wanted someone who was in it for them. Those people will leave when he fails to deliver. And he's already failing to deliver.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:13 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Exactly.

I think we all know that the die hard Trump worshipers aren't going to turn on their new orange god, regardless of what he does.

There are, however, a lot of people who voted for this man because they wanted someone who was in it for them. Those people will leave when he fails to deliver. And he's already failing to deliver.
Leave and go where?

That train has left the station and we are all along for the ride.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Where does Trump or Betsy DeVos says they want to do away with public schools altogether? It's about CHOICE.

Please, you didn't hurt my feelings.

There are two types of people here:

Trump supporters: people who've been with him from the beginning and hangs on his every word. They've drank the kool-aid. Telling them what a liar he is and pointing out his lies probably won't do you any good, because things like reason and logic don't seem to work on them.

and....

Trump voters: people who would have preferred anyone but Trump to be the nominee, recognize him for the liar he is, knowing that he was just telling people what they want to hear and doesn't really believe any of it, but voted for him anyway in the general election because they saw him as better than the alternative. Telling them what a liar Trump is, and pointing out how he's not going to fulfill his promises won't do you any good with them either, because they already acknowledge it.

I'm the latter, not he former. I already know what a liar he is and that he's a con artist.
At least you are being honest but unfortunately this is actually a loss for our country then no matter how you look at it.

I'm not much of a religious man but I can see how only god could fix this problem
The top elite running our country will not be winners
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies